It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An encounter with "Wokeness".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So I was on the way to gym, and just in front of the supermarket this dude jumps in my path and says: "Mr Iron Maiden"!

I realize I'm wearing an Iron Maiden shirt, but then I look what they are collecting for (MSF - Doctors Without Borders).

So I say: "Definitely not".

I don't even have to say why, but I feel they are a globalist organization who have not been neutral at all for the passed decade, and I no longer support them. Never said another word though.

Anyway, so get out of gym, and I'm walking, and here goes this sarcastic voice behind me: "Oh, here comes our guy to save a life!"
I'm thinking of all my European relatives who have been terrorized and butchered because of these idiots.
But I say nothing.

Second day, come out of gym, and here goes this voice behind me again: "Oh look, it's our guy ..."

So I turn around and say loudly: "Why don't you go save some lives, instead of standing here and virtue signalling and harassing people shopping here!"

No, I feel he tried to shame me in public - twice.

Yeah, because I'm a white male - he would never have behaved like that towards a black female.

I'm twice your age, I've saved lives when you were #ting your diapers!

Then he's all defensive, you're bullying me!

I said: "You made those remarks behind my back, don't act the innocent lamb now. I said 'no' one time, and what you gonna bully it out of me? You try it one more time, and see what happens!"

Well, let's see what happens.

Any body else feel too many of these "woke" organizations (I'd say cults) in shopping spaces?

I already told some managers, if this carries on (while they ban the real poor and beggars) I'm no longer going to gym, shop or drink here.

Bye.

Go woke, go broke!
edit on 15-11-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Fine, if shopping malls should be like a first day of college - all kinds of woke groups.
Let in the Hare Krishnas.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I just ignore them and carry on without a care.

Ain't worth my time.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Dude..you rock an Iron Maiden tee? Didnt even know you could get those.

Please tell me you have a mullet....

But yeah....i really hate being harrassed by so called charities.. now they want you to do monthly allotments.

a reply to: halfoldman

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
And then there's that damn Girl Scout "Syndicate" at the grocery store, trying to extort all the patrons and separate them from their money, one box of Thin Mints at a time.

On a somewhat comical note, this past year I actually witnessed a couple pre-menopausal Girl Scout "Enforcers" (aka: Moms) practically get in a 'girl-fight' in a "turf-war" scuffle at our local grocery store. At issue was, an out of town "syndicate" member was trying to move in on the 'turf' of an established 'Mob' controlled area and set up a table hawking some Girl Scout Extortion Cookies. In the end, the cartel "Dawn" prevailed, although periodic skirmishes still take place on the fringes of rival syndicate's turf.
edit on 11/15/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Three times recently I've ignored chuggers then heard a cheeky comment as I pass. Each time I've reacted aggressively. I have to wonder if this is part of their training to gain victim status.

The most recent one was very woke and uppity. When used the term chugger and said he was collecting money for criminals he said "How dare you!" (dramatic pause) "How dare you!" That's when I knew I was talking to an idiot.

I looked up his charity later and found a recent report of suicides and bullying. The descriptions of the bullying sound exactly like the behaviour of people in positions of trust who have seriously betrayed that trust and are constantly scared of exposure.

The report, undertaken by the KonTerra Group and led by psychologists, to look into lessons learned following the suicides in 2018, found bullying and public humiliation were routinely used by management.

“There were multiple reports of managers belittling staff in meetings, deliberately excluding certain staff from reporting, or making demeaning, menacing comments like: ‘You’re #!’ or: ‘You should quit! If you stay in this position, your life will be a misery,’” it said.
www.theguardian.com...

When MSF built this place it was obvious it was going to burn down.

. . . Doctors Without Borders (MSF), contributed 2.7 million euros and its expertise . . .
. . . the cabins—which Cordet refers to as “bungalows”—are too close together.
webdoc.france24.com...

. . . at least 10 people had been injured on Monday night in the blaze at the camp, which was home to between 1,000 and 1,500 people living in closely packed wooden huts.

“There is nothing left but a heap of ashes,” . . .
www.theguardian.com...

. . . MSF designed the camp . . .
www.msf.org...

MSF used their expertise to design a camp which would obviously burn down, as it did a year later. Is this another example of deliberately cultivating victim status? Give MSF money and they'll use it to create victims as a way to convince you to give them more money. If the dangerous design is accidental MSF are dangerous idiots. If deliberate . . .
edit on 15 11 2019 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Make him eat soup through a straw for a few weeks.
Gawd made ham sandwiches for a damn fine reason.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
No charity is a good charity imo. It seems like they are all out for one thing, to make money.
90% administrative costs.
10% goes to the actual cause.

When I give, and I do, I give to individuals or families. Never charities.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Obviously he isn’t very “woke” if he approached you like that. There’s dbags of every description in every group of people.

That isn’t an indication of anything other than them being a dbag.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
I just ignore them and carry on without a care.

Ain't worth my time.

But then what would I do with my nice collection of knives and other disingenuous weaponry.

I mean, I converted ninja climbing claws into a rather festive pair of pointy knuckledusters..

@HalfOldMan,

dont give the guy the energy he is taking from you. A broken coffee machine is always going to take your 2 dollars and never give you a coffee. No point caring about it, it's just a broken thing. Focus on the gym. Healthier body, healthier mind.

*pours last drink for the night...*

(you know what they say, those than can, do.. those that can't, speak)

edit on 15-11-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I totally stopped giving to charity the day I found out how much charity shop managers earned.
My friends ex-wife was a manager 8 years ago and she picked up over £20,000. that's $25,804, for a small shop. Plus every year the managers went on an all expenses paid weeks holiday, oops I meant team building exercise. Paid manager, all the rest of the staff, volunteers.
So I said to her "why do the staff work for nothing". Answer "they get the first pick of the donated goods that come through the door". Easy aint it.

top topics

join