It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio House bill 164 Students wrong answers are right if it's their religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Wellll shucks, I went to school at the wrong time. I would create and register a religion called all wrong answers are the correct answer. I would ask for a hefty donation to come and worship in the house of all wrong answers are the correct answers.

Really? Why would you do all that when you could just give the correct
answers? Why make things hard on yourself?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
unfortunatly - i cannot find a website that gives the full text of the bill - the ohio .gov and a mirror @ ohio university - bith time out errors

so - snarky answer it is then :

any student who wants to use this as thier " passport " to give religious answers to science questions - should first be made to take a test of faith . i believe that mark 16 has a suggestion that first the bill

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

If they never learn science you can see how that will be a disadvantage in our society can't you?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I believe this would fail under the First and Fourteenth Amendments when challenged.

First because the law establishes religion, second, because it creates a condition of inequity for those who actually give the correct answers, third because it’s a state-run university.

It benefits NO ONE to mix politics and religion. Folks can keep on pursuing autocratic control under the “religious freedom” moniker, until they realize that there are other religions besides Christianity.

edit on 15-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

The Ohio House on Wednesday passed the “Student Religious Liberties Act.” Under the law, students can’t be penalized if their work is scientifically wrong as long as the reasoning is because of their religious beliefs.

This...is a sign that the end is nigh.

Yes I do agree religious students should be able to gather. They should be able to read a bible, and pray. Good good.

Should they really ? I for one am for simply getting religion completely out of public life. It should be a private matter, practiced at home, not in public...much like sex.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join