It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 6 hurt in Southern California high school shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I'm personally going to stick with my original interpretation of inaccurate early reports, in the heat of the moment.

But what do you make of it?

Feel free to be creative... I do love a good conspiracy theory.

In my best Stewie Griffen. Ooo ho ho No! you oh ho ha I'm not
gonna do that. Ha hah I'm NOoo! Not doooin that!.....

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Almost bought a used Ruger Vaquero .44 mag, stainless with a cherry finish on the grip. Half cocked to free rotate the cylinder sounded like a Mosler safe dial being turned...coulda, woulda, shoulda is the old lament. But was distracted with a different goal at the time.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 14-11-2019 by vonclod because: none of my business

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I gotta get those pants back!

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

It’s always really odd how some folks flap their hands and point to things being less than orderly as being suspicious. But then they’ll turn around and look at something else and say it’s too nice and tidy and that’s suspect, too.

In any event, the news this morning had footage of bodies strapped to stretchers and being loaded up on to stretchers. Seems like maybe you just watched a poor broadcast.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I assume you are LEO(and thats not a bad thing, to me).

people who dont know about mass casualty events and how first responds are trained to act it can seem chaotic(and sometimes it is) but it is organized to help as many people as quickly as they can.

i heard this come across and posted this and had to wait for some news source to pick it up so i could post it in this section.

i think allot of people who think these things are fake or crisis actors should volunteer at their local fire house or EMS etc and they might have a clearer picture of what is really going on.

i personally stopped watching these things on the news as less rating means maybe some day less coverage and MAYBE less shooters.

(i get the irony in me posting here)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
During April 1999, in an assault that shocked the entire world, two adolescents violently took over Columbine High School, in Littleton, Colorado, U.S.A., leaving 15 dead. Investigation showed that one of the attackers had a Web page on which he had written: “DEAD PEOPLE DON’T ARGUE!” Both attackers died in the tragedy.

Some point to evidence that various forms of modern communication may encourage aggressive conduct. Regular exposure to violence depicted on television, in movies, in video games, and on the Internet is said to desensitize the conscience and inspire violent crimes. Dr. Daniel Borenstein, president of the American Psychiatric Association, stated: “At this time there are more than 1,000 studies based on more than 30 years of research demonstrating a causal connection between media violence and aggressive behavior in some children.” Before a U.S. Senate committee, Dr. Borenstein testified: “We are convinced that repeated exposure to entertainment violence in all its forms has significant public health implications.”​

Specific cases are often cited to show that this is true. In the school shooting mentioned at the start of this comment, the two student perpetrators were said to have spent hours each day playing violent video games. Additionally, they repeatedly watched movies glorifying violence and killing.

Dr. Richard F. Corlin, past president of the American Medical Association, delivered a speech to a group of graduating doctors in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. In it he spoke about computer games that encourage violence. Some of these games award points for flesh wounds, more for a body shot, and even more for a head shot. Blood spurts out, and brain tissue spatters all over.

Dr. Corlin commented that children are not allowed to drive, not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages, and not allowed to smoke when they are too young. Then he said: “But we do let them be trained to be shooters at an age when they have not yet developed their impulse control and have none of the maturity and discipline to safely use the weapons they are playing with. . . . We need to teach our children from the beginning that violence [has] consequences​—serious consequences—​all the time.”

Sadly, instead of being taught that crime has consequences, children are often the innocent victims of violent crimes. Statistics show that gunfire kills ten children a day in the United States. Dr. Corlin says: “The United States leads the world​—in the rate at which its children die from firearms.” His conclusion? “Gun violence is a threat to the public health of our country. This is a fact.”

Many experts feel that the following can contribute to senseless crimes:

- Family breakdown

- Hate groups, extremists

- Dangerous cults

- Violence in entertainment

- Exposure to actual violence

- Abuse of drugs

- Inability to cope with problems

- Easy access to destructive weapons

- Certain conditions of mental illness

Of course, there is no one factor that explains all the varied acts of senseless violence. A combination of factors makes people inclined to commit violent crimes. However, any list would be incomplete if we did not consider one more very important factor.

The Bible helps us to understand what is happening now and why people act in such extreme ways. It accurately describes attitudes we commonly see. For example, the list found at 2 Timothy 3:3, 4 states that people would have “no natural affection” and that they would be “without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness,” and “headstrong.” In another Bible book, Jesus was quoted as saying: “The love of the greater number will cool off.”​—Matthew 24:12.

The Bible says: “In the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.” (2 Timothy 3:1) Yes, what we see is evidence that we are living at the end of the present system of things. Conditions, along with people’s attitudes, are on a downhill slide. Can we expect an immediate solution? The Bible answers: “Wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse.”​—2 Timothy 3:13.

Does this mean that mankind is doomed to an endless cycle of vicious violence and escalating crime?

Some argue that the propensity for violence or killing has always been inborn in humans. Supporters of evolution maintain that we come from wild animals and have simply inherited their violent characteristics. Such theories would leave us doomed to an endless cycle of violence from which there is no hope of escape.

However, there is much evidence to the contrary. The theories mentioned above do not explain why in different cultures there are wide variations in frequency and types of violence. They do not indicate why in some cultures responding with violence seems to be the norm, whereas other societies report very little violence, with murder almost nil. Psychoanalyst Erich Fromm exposed cracks in the theory that we inherit aggression from primates by pointing out that although some of them are violent as a result of physical needs or for self-protection, humans are the only ones who have been known to kill for the sheer thrill of killing.

In their book The Will to Kill​—Making Sense of Senseless Murder, Professors James Alan Fox and Jack Levin state: “Some individuals are more prone to violence than others, yet free will still exists. The will to kill, though governed by numerous internal and external forces, still includes choice and human decision making, and thus accountability and culpability.”

A Realistic Solution—Is It Possible? (Awake!—2003)

Recommended reading (one article, 3 pages):

Is Life Getting Cheaper? (Awake!—2000)
How Is the “Death Culture” Promoted? (Awake!—2000)
Helping Youths Escape the “Death Culture” (Awake!—2000)
edit on 15-11-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Dude the bible said that women who commit adultery should be stoned to death? That the Amalekites should be slaughtered. That not observing the sabbath is punishable by death. And you are using the bible to argue against senseless violence???

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It’s always really odd how some folks flap their hands and point to things being less than orderly as being suspicious. But then they’ll turn around and look at something else and say it’s too nice and tidy and that’s suspect, too.

In any event, the news this morning had footage of bodies strapped to stretchers and being loaded up on to stretchers. Seems like maybe you just watched a poor broadcast.

Sort of par for the course with awakened minds..

That looks too real and organized so it's fake.
That looks too chaotic, a real event would be more controlled.

One random person reports seeing something, it has to be fact.

Never trust the MSM but hey this guy on YouTube with no credentials and ominous new age music, he nails the truth from his cabin in Montana.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

It's great being "woke" isn't it

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It was a local station as I said KTLA yet again just pointing out how
easy it was to see how the rumors can initiate. And become something
a talented you tuber can take to a conspiracy theory online and make
a ton of money. When the real conspiracy is them not giving a rats ass
about how much it can hurt this country first. By way of obscuring truth
and then also hurting other people who waste themselves getting wrapped
up in lies. That's F@#$^% up!

That being where I was trying to go with that so there's that. lol

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

...And you are using the bible to argue against senseless violence???

No, I quoted the Bible because, as I said in my comment:

The Bible helps us to understand what is happening now and why people act in such extreme ways.

Those "extreme ways" referring to:

...all the varied acts of senseless violence.

Including school shootings.

I take it you do not desire to 'put up with' any Bible quotations unless they are used to malign the Bible or the God described therein? As per 2 Timothy 4:3,4:

3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

Apparently even when those quotations are only a small portion in comparison with the rest of the comment. Ending up functioning like a mental trigger that triggers a demonstration of your contempt for the Bible.* Used as somewhat of an 'excuse' to launch the usual remarks of derision, regardless of their relevance to my comment or what was actually quoted and spoken about in relation to those quotations (reading something else into that or painting something else on to it so one can set up their derisive point about it; which may even be a red herring depending on how you look at it, it is distracting to say the least, detracting as well).

*: “Offspring of vipers, how can you speak good things when you are wicked? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man out of his good treasure sends out good things, whereas the wicked man out of his wicked treasure sends out wicked things. I tell you that men will render an account on Judgment Day for every unprofitable* [Or “worthless.”] saying that they speak; for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.” (Jesus, at Matthew 12:34-37)

Thanks for the demonstration of the reliability and accuracy of the Bible by the way (or anyway? Not sure how to put that).
edit on 15-11-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Impossible, schools are gun free zones.

Took 4 responses to make this political. Well done, ATS.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

What is funny about your response is the following.

Sort of par for the course with awakened minds.. it used to be true conspiracy...

That looks too real and organized so it's fake.
That looks too chaotic, a real event would be more controlled. Since it is the mainstream it is not talked about as much and disappears...

One random person reports seeing something, it has to be fact. I remember when it was the opposite and people called them crazy when they saw a UFO...

Never trust the MSM but hey this guy on YouTube with no credentials and ominous new age music, he nails the truth from his cabin in Montana. Again, it used to be the You Tuber was a crazy one....but now it is so controlled none of it is true. I mean...is ATS even???

What I mean is that there was a shooting at a school and the politicians are so concerned with Trump there were no strong calls to arm except Bill Clinton really. The impeachment movement is so important not even a school shooting could break the stride of the MSM. Sandy Hook was in the news cycle for weeks and still is but 5 get shot now and it is off the front page in hours...not even days.

Media is news like wrestling is real. Sure, there is some degree of skill and truth but it is all a controlled outcome.

Conspiracy? Look up info/threads about Brietbarts death as well as Michael Hastings.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

And a dumb argument to boot..there is no "gun free zone" between Canada and Mexico.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Why which guns have been confiscated so far?

Under "Red Flag" Laws and other similar measures, guns are being confiscated every day.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

Under "Red Flag" Laws and other similar measures, guns are being confiscated every day.

Your statement is a bit of hyperbole:

"In the United States, a red flag law is a gun control law that permits police or family members to petition a state court to order the temporary removal of firearms from a person who may present a danger to others or themselves."

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: starviego

Your statement is a bit of hyperbole:

"In the United States, a red flag law is a gun control law that permits police or family members to petition a state court to order the temporary removal of firearms from a person who may present a danger to others or themselves."

Too bad the legal criteria for determining whether or not someone presents a danger to themselves or others in that context are somewhat dubious:

All allowed to have guns:

edit on 16-11-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

These are some impressively ignorant and arrogant people.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: LordAhriman

And a dumb argument to boot..there is no "gun free zone" between Canada and Mexico.

No one ever gets killed with guns in Mexico or Canada. Because guns are illegal in those countries. The cartels in Mexico really respect the laws. We should have it just like that.

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join