It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else tired of people claiming “the American people” voted for trump”?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

That's 49.3% of voters not Americans in total.
Unfortunately most americans do not vote. Only a handful do.

Better start your door to door now.

I'm starting to think you're the one creating all these "new" members that lack creativity. You're literally the only one that ever agrees with them.

America supports Trump. Go to any of his rallies and watch how many thousands attend and how many more thousands sit outside and watch the event live on the huge tv they bring. No other candidate consistently pulled this much of an audience, not even obama in his first term. America loves Trump. Just because you hate him doesn't mean everyone else does. In fact, if he was actually hated as much as you claim he is, you wouldn't still be salty over his landslide victory.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: dothedew

The majority of Americans didn't vote for either one of them.

Period.

Correct. In California alone in 2016 they had a population of over 39 million. Only 1/3 of that population - 13 million individuals actually voted.

Haven't checked other liberal strongholds but I imagine it will be similiar. I wonder if more will step up and actually vote come 2020 since they are tired of hearing this popularity rhetoric? Those that don't like any of the candidates proffered should just write their own name in and send a message to politicians...mainly that 'they still have a voice as an American citizen'. We may be surprised how many politicians are even more unpopular than they realize.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: GreenGunther

numbers are not subject to opinion.
Three and a half million more people wanted Clinton to be president. Fact.

trump won because the middle states get a handicap just like in bowling.

I'm sure that when people boo him whenever he goes out in public these days means they love him?
Boo is a cheer now?

So all of a sudden because Trump won the system needs to change?
But it wasn’t a problem when Obama was elected...

Now I might not be the brightest spark, but I believe you’re advocating for double standards

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

That's 49.3% of voters not Americans in total.
Unfortunately most americans do not vote. Only a handful do.

Better start your door to door now.

I'm starting to think you're the one creating all these "new" members that lack creativity. You're literally the only one that ever agrees with them.

America supports Trump. Go to any of his rallies and watch how many thousands attend and how many more thousands sit outside and watch the event live on the huge tv they bring. No other candidate consistently pulled this much of an audience, not even obama in his first term. America loves Trump. Just because you hate him doesn't mean everyone else does. In fact, if he was actually hated as much as you claim he is, you wouldn't still be salty over his landslide victory.

I believe you’re on to something.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

a reply to: BlackOops

So who were the people booing him down south at the basket ball game?

And who were the people in DC who booed him at the world series where they actually started chanting lock him up?

I do believe the sentiment has changed drastically.

It's DC, who cares. I bet you pulled your hair out when the Nationals catcher put a MAGA hat on. I'm sure Trump appreciated attending this football game down in Alabama though, when he got a standing ovation from 102,000 people.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: StevenCrowley06
Welcome back, soundguy! Here just for you-

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Beach Bum
Just because Clinton was overall more popular doesn't mean she should've won. It's about actual votes not which one do YOU like more. At least that's how it should be. Also I'm a Deplorable happily in my Basket, not a Trumpette. a reply to: StevenCrowley06

So you think it’s fine to disenfranchise Trump voters in California and New York? Don’t those voters deserve to have a voice as well in the only national election we have for the only national office (the President)?

Isn’t the President more than anyone else supported to represent ALL Americans?

They're not disenfranchised. Their vote goes towards Trump getting those 55 electoral votes. Take away CA and Trump wins the popular vote, too. People should stop trying to burn the constitution when it doesn't fit life the way they want it to.

Why haven't democrats worked on a platform that reaches out to Americans that aren't just living on the coasts? They've focused all of their efforts on lies to stop Trump when they could have been trying to come up with ways to help Americans.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I think it boils down to who you consider to be Americans. In a country that contains 350 million people, 3 million is statistically insignificant. And that's particularly true when you factor in that where the 3 million live are the sanctuary cities that harbor 22 million non-citizen alliens.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

That's true of basically every president ever elected. Most presidential candidates are corrupt asshats, we have no good options, and most people know that, so most people either don't vote or vote against the candidate they're least scared of.

So yeah, pretty much no president has been voted in by the majority.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Thanks. If I can make it in time and don't have to fight 20,000 people, I'll get some pictures and share them on here.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Trumpette! really is that all you got you lame ass dem shill, Trump won! get over it or go away, we are not a democracy we are a Constitutional Republic and we just happen to have an Electoral College which balances out the votes so that people in less populated areas have a fair chance at making their votes count

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Trumps 63 million laugh in your face. You believe in fake voting numbers just like you believed in the fake polling numbers. Your talking about dead Democrats and illegal Mexicans voting. Right before the election your Hillary could not fill half a high school gym in Miami. Loser.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Some non-Americans voted for, and will vote for, TRUMP. (The CHOSEN One.)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

So all of a sudden because Trump won the system needs to change?

I can't wait for the next democrat president.

We get to pay seven figures to foreign spies for 'dossiers'.

We'll get to weaponize the FBI and DOJ and raid their lawyer's office.

We'll get to make up snip and impeach the # just for the snip of it.

It was a pretty big door D's opened up over the last three years, and they always seen to forget 'Democracy' is a two way street.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Trump hated the electoral college in both of Obama’s presidential victories...

Shocking, I know. He hated golf as well. And executive orders.
Funnily enough so did everyone who supports him.

I wonder what changed...

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
No lefties will ever speak the words “popular vote” after next year’s landslide.

Biggest election victory in United States history.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I voted for trump. I will be voting for trump again, so know, my vote cancels yours.... nan nan a boo boo

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
FYI folks, the OP member has been ban-hammered (again). No need to continue to post responses to this obvious shillster.

Move along, nothing to see here anymore. The car wreck is gone.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
imagine getting banned from a site over and over and over again just to bitch about trump hahahahahahahahahaha
hahahah
hahahahahahhaa
hahahahaha
hahahahahaha
ahahhahaha
ahahhahahahah
ahahahahahaha
hah

hahah ahahaha hahahaha hahaha

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I know your time is valuable.