It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk June 30th 2019

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I don’t know..... I had my iPhone!

Hahaha

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

It's right here on ATS. Look it up on my profile if you wish. Also, keep in mind, I wasn't any more a UFO fanatic than any regular X Files fan. It took place in Bulgaria, Eastern Europe. The whole thing lasted throughout the whole night and ended with a (possibly) induced fog which covered everything from sight. I stopped posting updates on ATS though, before I've stopped investigating all that I could dig up that was related. I have posted slightly more of my personal investigation into this almost unknown UFO flap on another forum, but since this story is pretty old, most of the diagrams and photos are no longer hosted. But I have them available, if you're curious, do let me know over a u2u.
edit on 14-11-2019 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yep, same one.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0

I would love to see the photos. The account is quite remarkable. I’m sure it has taken you a long time to process.

I grew up in Los Angeles. Another light polluted city. On Aug 27 1993 my buddy and I saw crazy lights in the sky. First we saw one moving directly overhead. It was white. We thought it was a satellite. It was a clear, crisp but a billowy cloudy night. There was a fair amount of wind. To judge that we were actually watching the object move we used the telephone wires as a fixed point. Suddenly the one object splintered in to 5 then 5 more and we were looking at as many as 50 objects directly overhead in the heart of westside, LA. These objects darted back and forth for a good 25 minutes then the clouds covered them and they were gone. I was 16. Nobody believed us.
edit on 14-11-2019 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the photos and explanation!

I have seen UFOs (verified) twice, a third may have been a weird light trick.
Once in the Sand Dunes in CO and once near Boulder, CO. And no I wasn't 'tripping'

The weirdest one was in the Sand Dunes; at around 3am at night I was walking the desert there and saw a light go kind of back and forth, but with no lights (National Park away from road) and nothing to gauge distance I figured it was a car goign down a mountain road way near the horizon. It eventually blinked out and I thought OK this car went behind a tree or valley and that is that.

Fast forward to the next morning when i am walking in the same area. Turns out the place I saw the light, was a random small butte, hill/mountainside. There were no roads, and no trees. It was just an almost sheer cliff.
So it wasn't really a UFO until the next day.

Also that same night we had seen 'stars fighting' extremely fast and with a lot of right angle turns, or sharper.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No worries, I will u2u later today, but don't expect too much from the photo itself. Actually your photo is much better than the ones we took, cause it has objects for reference
Also, I can imagine what it'd be if something like this occurred to 16 year old kids, no one would take them seriously... I know it felt heartbreaking that even some people close to me didn't accept at all the story me and my friend told, and we were 24-25 at the time.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Yup, sounds about right. Those are like my sightings. They are good, but are they good enough? Always a bridesmaid.........

I still have that 2 minutes of black video if you want. I’m pushing that one hard. I didn’t even realize it was still on my phone until I went to look for the orange blob pic.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Fully agree with both points you're making. I'll ask you as someone who has been on ATS for around the same time as me, and I'll ask you to step in my shoes for a second - imagine you come to ATS in 2010 a couple of months after an extremely traumatic event involving a close encounter with UAPs/UFOs/BlackProjects/SwampGas and high strangeness, or whatever one likes to call them. And you're freaked out because initially you're thinking "I saw real-fracking ALIEN SPACE CRAFT, did they do something to me, what are their motives?". As in, it brings out the deepest instinctive fears of a human because of the "unknown" factor.

So, a couple of months of recovery from the event, you come on ATS with the idea to a) see if anyone else has had the same or similar experience and see if there are any answers for those who dig deep enough; b) write down your account and share it with these people, with the hopes that the info you're bringing forward might help someone who has been involved with researching these "things" and shed some new light for them, even if by a tiny bit. Cause, you know, you yourself are looking for these same answers and want to know what happened, if anything, during that night.

And then, after spending a whole lot of time, maybe too much at particular times and periods, reading and filtering through the weeds of misinfo, muddied waters, various types of theories, speculations, double-agents, fraudsters, money grabbers and outright loonies, among, of course, those who are non-biased as much as possible and are wonderful researchers and sources of info. But even with these last, you realize no one has a clear answer, or it's more like - almost everyone has an answer, and it's different. And the "aliens" you were thinking about, now seem like a wonderful idea, "oh, it'd be so nice and simple if it were aliens"... It'd be also so cool if it was our guys who had "it", this "tech", or whatever it is. But... it seems it's not so simple at all.

Anyhow, my question is "What would you do in that situation?", would you be happy with seeing how terrifyingly bad and emptied the state of UFOlogy is nowadays (I'm talking about 2010 and after)? Wouldn't you also be tired and skeptical and even slightly cynical when it comes to the question of UFOs? Asking, because you're one of the few remaining members from back then, who is always sitting on a healthy fence about matters and tends to provide food for thought. Your input would be appreciated on these semi-philosophical question, as I don't like the idea of being a grumpy ol' fart at 33 years of age

All I can say is from my perspective, is that I've chosen is to sit back, relax, don't get involved and don't pay much attention to these matters anymore, although I do keep an eye out just in case.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You, fine sir, have 2 messages in your inbox.

2nd line never goes out of fashion.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ch1n1t0
Anyhow, my question is "What would you do in that situation?"

I'd probably do the same thing. Try to make sense of it in my head, reach out to see if someone else has had a similar experience, review the literature, etc. Actually, not much different than I do now, and I never had an experience like that. (That I can remember!)

All I can say is from my perspective, is that I've chosen is to sit back, relax, don't get involved and don't pay much attention to these matters anymore, although I do keep an eye out just in case.

I think that's probably the best you can do. Try to recognize the ironic or amusing aspects of it. Keep a toe in the water in case something comes up that could possibly provide answers or vindicate you in some way.

But it all kind of boils down to the fact that we all lead surprisingly insulated existences and that our realities do not always align as neatly as a mathematical model would suggest. So when people call you delusional or misinformed, you can reasonably just shrug and understand that they're just speaking from ignorance and don't know any better. One of my favorite phrases around here is when somebody really encounters something off the charts and they say, "I never believed in this nonsense before, but now..."

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

There aren't many alternatives left, really, at least none that are healthy, other than to try and learn the lesson, laugh at it and move on.

The thing is, in my case it's the exact opposite, if you asked me before our experience, I'd say "Yeah, sure, aliens are probably here flying in saucers and abducting people and cattle and whatnot". I miss those times, sometimes ignorance is bliss. Because... is there something? Yes, there is. Is it aliens? I have no clue. I know "they/it"' are here and I have no clue what they are, if they've had any job with us two up there in the mountain, what "their" motivation is, where "they" come from, etc. etc. To be honest, I like the word alien, cause whatever it is, we're dealing with here, I don't think we have the right words and concepts to explain it, nor do we still have the capability to understand it. So if you ask me today that same question, I'd shrug my shoulders and change the subject.

Recently, I tend to laugh about it thinking "Do extraterrestrials on other planets also look up at the night sky and wonder "What are these zig-zag zapping stars? They must be aliens!"". And all it was, all along, was the Universe's error correcting code.

Just kidding.

Partially.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Recently, I tend to laugh about it thinking "Do extraterrestrials on other planets also look up at the night sky and wonder "What are these zig-zag zapping stars? They must be aliens!"".

I've thought the same thing. Real, live aliens in flying saucers land and we show them photos of our UFOs, and they say, "Oh, you have those things flying around, too? We were hoping you'd tell us what they are!"

And all it was, all along, was the Universe's error correcting code..

Damn, the more I think about the whole simulation possibility... hmmm... Charles Fort spent his whole life studying weird things, and came to the conclusion that "we are property." And in his unpublished / destroyed book he called "X" one of the characters expounds on what is essentially Fort's idea that:

"The whole thing may have been originated, somehow, somewhere else, worked out beforehand, as it were, in the brain of something or somebody and is now being orthogenetically or chemically directed from somewhere; being thrown on a screen, as it were, like a moving picture, and we mere dot pictures, mere cell-built-up pictures, like the movies, only we are telegraphed or teleautographed from somewhere else."

"Mere dot pictures," indeed.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What if BOTH the Alien Hypothesis (sure make them nuts nad bolts if you want) AND the Simulation Hypothesis are true?

An advanced race that owns humanity/Earth, and has technology that borders on the spiritual and is able to 'cloak'/surround Earth or even the whole Solar System with projections/'create matter'...

Like we are in a 'giant' laboratory experiment whose walls and edges and owners we don't usually see.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Like we are in a 'giant' laboratory experiment whose walls and edges and owners we don't usually see.

Or like that "Roy" game in Rick and Morty, where it's completely immersive and plays out over years in the your awareness -- although only a few minutes in actual time -- and when you lose (die), you see "GAME OVER" and you take off your helmet, and YOU ARE THE ALIEN!
edit on 14-11-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Deleting as I didn’t read far enough into the thread - question already answered!
edit on 14-11-2019 by EnigmaChaser because: Whoops

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

There aren't many alternatives left, really, at least none that are healthy, other than to try and learn the lesson, laugh at it and move on.

The thing is, in my case it's the exact opposite, if you asked me before our experience, I'd say "Yeah, sure, aliens are probably here flying in saucers and abducting people and cattle and whatnot". I miss those times, sometimes ignorance is bliss. Because... is there something? Yes, there is. Is it aliens? I have no clue. I know "they/it"' are here and I have no clue what they are, if they've had any job with us two up there in the mountain, what "their" motivation is, where "they" come from, etc. etc. To be honest, I like the word alien, cause whatever it is, we're dealing with here, I don't think we have the right words and concepts to explain it, nor do we still have the capability to understand it. So if you ask me today that same question, I'd shrug my shoulders and change the subject.

Recently, I tend to laugh about it thinking "Do extraterrestrials on other planets also look up at the night sky and wonder "What are these zig-zag zapping stars? They must be aliens!"". And all it was, all along, was the Universe's error correcting code.

Just kidding.

Partially.

I’m curious why you say you wish you didn’t have the experience. Perhaps you said that clearly and I missed it so I apologize if this is a stupid question.

I ask as the other day I considered the intense loneliness and negative impact an experiencer/abductee could feel - for a number of reasons.

This makes me think that in a way if we ALL found out the truth we’d be ok. It’s the fact that people tend to experience these phenomenon individually or in very small groups - which leaves them with more questions than answers and a fear of the “unknown” with no resolution as to why they experienced what they did.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The reason why I didn't upload pictures is because my iPhone was charging in a room inside the condominium that was inconvenient to go. I thought they might disappear at any time so I was transfixed not wanting to miss anything. To retrieve my phone could have been possible it just seemed like there was an immediacy to my experience. I wish I did grab my camera but since I didn't it is also obvious that UFOs in Montauk are relatively common based on some other posts so I am not making this up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join