It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginsburg on the fritz.....again.....here comes another SCOTUS appointment!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You are really going to argue that Trump isn't a successful businessman?

Ok....let's put the entire businessman argument aside then.

He came in to a political race, with 16 other LIFETIME politicians, with absolutely NO political background....and beat them all. That alone should give you a LARGE pause in your particular manner of thinking. He beat 16 LIFETIME politicians in his first try.

The very fact he became POTUS should tell you just how tired the entire country is of political crap. The dems are just the last to wake up to it. Don't worry....5 more years should do the trick.

Let me know when Mark Cuban is a billionaire AND POTUS!

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It would be nice to get rid of an "activist judge" and just get in a Constitutionalist.

Hell yeah it would be.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

He came in to a political race, with 16 other LIFETIME politicians, with absolutely NO political background....and beat them all. That alone should give you a LARGE pause in your particular manner of thinking. He beat 16 LIFETIME politicians in his first try.

The very fact he became POTUS should tell you just how tired the entire country is of political crap. The dems are just the last to wake up to it. Don't worry....5 more years should do the trick.

I said what I said.

Perhaps the fact that Trump beat them all should give us both a pause in our thinking? Because someone is a lifetime politician doesn’t make them a good Presidential candidate. Look no further than the current slate of Dems for that proof.

The fact that he won the EC is certainly amazing. I don’t attribute it to “America” being tired of anything.

Americans are apathetic, pacified, anesthetized, etc.

You’re very impressed with Mr. Trump, for your own reasons. I’m not for mine. I’m not going to deny yours, because we don’t have to agree! In fact, it’s much better if we do not. Look at Adams and Jefferson for goddsake.

Why in the heck would Mark Cuban want to be POTUS ... it’s very obviously a sht job.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It would be nice to get rid of an "activist judge" and just get in a Constitutionalist.

Like Kavanaugh?

Lord lord.

Gorsuch was a good pick, and should have replaced Kennedy.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good! Maybe U.S. of America, morals and what's left of the C.O.T.U.S can last another 10 years.
R.B.G. should've been a politician. Because she had absolutely no business "interpreting" the Constitution of State or Federal Government.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Deplorable

Oh look, the 345,326,492th posting of the silly girl screaming ... because you can’t make a cogent counterargument?

Nope. Wrong again. You've let the representation of what that moment was about slip away.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I said what I said.

Perhaps the fact that Trump beat them all should give us both a pause in our thinking? Because someone is a lifetime politician doesn’t make them a good Presidential candidate. Look no further than the current slate of Dems for that proof.

The fact that he won the EC is certainly amazing. I don’t attribute it to “America” being tired of anything.

Americans are apathetic, pacified, anesthetized, etc.

You’re very impressed with Mr. Trump, for your own reasons. I’m not for mine. I’m not going to deny yours, because we don’t have to agree! In fact, it’s much better if we do not. Look at Adams and Jefferson for goddsake.

Why in the heck would Mark Cuban want to be POTUS ... it’s very obviously a sht job.

Why wouldn't you be impressed by what someone has accomplished? Especially becoming POTUS? In the history of the country there have been only 45 of them. That is likely the most exclusive group of "CEO's" ever, outside of maybe royalty.

The US has around 600 billionaires, of which Trump is one. Again, a very exclusive and successful group.

I completely disagree that Americans are apathetic, pacified or anesthetized.....Trump being elected tells me the exact opposite. Americans are tired of others telling them how they should act, or speak, etc....we are a country of and on our own and should act as such.

The liberal policies and rhetoric have completely diluted and washed out the very thing that makes the US a unique country.

I'll leave you with a analogy that is simple but makes sense in this discussion.

When you go to a restaurant and order your food....you pick a main dish and sides. You expect when you get the meal placed on your table that it will be the main dish and sides. Except this time you get it all in a cup, blended together like a smoothie and the server hands you a paper straw. Are you ok with that? Liberals have made the US a 4 course dinner in a cup with a paper straw.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

Oh look, the 345,326,492th posting of the silly girl screaming ... because you can’t make a cogent counterargument?

Nope. Wrong again. You've let the representation of what that moment was about slip away.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

The amazing thing is ... you think you’ve said something significant.

Posts like yours have a distinct flavor to them ... a certain self-similarity to others with the same message: don’t think, don’t look beyond the most simple explanation, ridicule instead of reason.

/shrug

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Were you impressed by Obama? Were you impressed with his (very literally) meteoric rise from city to State to Nation?

I remember thinking ... who the hell is this guy?

Wasn’t impressed then. I’m not impressed now. POTUS is an awarded position, and I’m not plying something like election fraud or voter fraud. Why would Obama have gotten it? Why would Trump? Bush II? Are you kidding me?

I’m not impressed by wealth at least not the “stupid-wealthy-couldn’t-spend-it-all-if-I-tried” world of the mega rich., and I’ve seen very convincing arguments that Trump is hardly a billionaire. But again ...

That’s what you believe about him. I have no issue with that and don’t need to debate it.

Americans are tired of others telling them what to do? Is that before or after they pull up Facebook on their phones, or post their cheeseburger to Instagram? or Tweet about Tanya and her new purse.

Liberal policies? LOL. Only if you believe the hype. The core is that the Dems and Repubclians both are corporatist shills. What’s good for their America is what pushes up the profit margin.

Thanks for the analogy. And the chat. Have a great evening.
edit on 13-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The amazing thing is ... you think you’ve said something significant.

LOL ... you think the things you type out on these boards are significant ... That you're making a difference. Look over your shoulder. You haven't brought anything significant to the unwashed masses. I figured that out about 459 posts ago.

Have fun, enjoy life, accept that President Trump is your President just as he is mine. Neither of us are better off than the other.

Get it?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

And yet, we persist.

I don’t think of it so much as making music as spraying deodorizer.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Has Trump really made a good appointment other than Mattis, who quit? I have no idea why anyone would be excited about him appointing another derpy justice that some of us may be stuck with for the rest of our lives. It could realistically be Kid Rock or Ted Nugent. Balance of power is important. A partisan majority in the supreme court isn't good for any of us, and the many of you who drool over her possible death is disgusting.

He has made plenty....

Now imagine you only have 4 years guaranteed to do a job and make things right. How would you handle your subordinates?

"plenty"

Explain your position. All I see is that he appoints whichever friend of his that gives him the most money.

Exccept Mattis. Which you were all excited about. Until he left because Trump is retarded.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You mentioned that you read a lot of sources everyday and so do I. I find it fascinating how Trump apologists are so often 180 degrees from anything resembling a balanced view and often seem to hold the diametrically opposed view to the mainstream narrative.

Yeah, Vasa, I do understand what Trump is. He’s a successful licensing agent. He sells access to the Trump brand. He’s not a good businessman by any stretch of the imagination, as guys like Mark Cuban point out. Sure, post your study on Trump’s success/fail rate with all other politicians ... that’s an absurd claim.

He brought a new dynamic? Sure. The elevation of brazen ignorance coupled with paper-thin skin into an alleged virtue.

We don’t agree about much with Trump, but I do agree with the last. He’s an agent of change, but it’s more like being a sock-puppet than a trailblazer.

Hahaha
You left out the best part
He wasn't her

It was all that was required

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

is that so?

you hold on to that
a reply to: shooterbrody

Hold on to what? you guys hoping she dies? The OP was pretty happy about it.

Not really, but it appears that you want both President Trump and Vice President Pence to be assassinated so you can stick Pelosi in there. Right?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: tinner07

That only applies to democrats because they pick biased retards.

That's mean spirited!

Who did you expect them to pick? That's all they have.
What? You don't like mentally challenged individuals?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

And I couldn't care less about his taxes.

but you care about precedent... Just legal precedent then? ok... maybe I was wrong
but hey, love your libtard comment, cuz there aint no wrong doers in the republican party right?

Yo are all Jesus lovers... The bible says.... and you shall obey lol...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.....

Have a heart TinMan

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

And sure he can appoint in the last year of Presidency....and he has the majority senate to have it confirmed as well. Of course you are assuming it will be his last year.....LOL

I am not assuming anything, unlike most people here. And yes he does have the majority. If he gets a chance to pick somebody before the election, do you think they should be confirmed or wait until after the election?

Same outcome.

Im sure President will choose wisely both before and after he is re elected.....

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

If the seat comes open on the last week of a GOP president's final term and the GOP holds the Senate, you Goddamn bet your ass We The People of the Continental Conservative Army expect to see a conservative justice shuttled through a quick confirmation process. You likely would feel the same if your side was in control and the seat came open and, frankly, if you dont feel the same your priorities are screwy and your smarts are questionable.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Is this correct?

twitter.com...

Ruth Ginsburg has never missed an oral argument due to illness, until today?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Is this correct?

twitter.com...

Ruth Ginsburg has never missed an oral argument due to illness, until today?

Well...it is a fairly trustworthy law source so I will go with yes, though I haven't had a chance to check into it.

Would be odd if a stomach bug took her out for the first time when she has had cancer multiple times and was able to perform her duties on the court.

Makes me think even more that this is likely a cover for something that is about to become a much bigger issue and will completely eclipse the Ukraine story.

If RBG goes down, you can bet your a$$ the Ukraine impeachment sham will disappear like Epsteins cell footage.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join