It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginsburg on the fritz.....again.....here comes another SCOTUS appointment!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Vasa Croe
oh goody
trump gets to replace the notorious rbg

yay

The Democrats will hook Ginsberg up to life support and wheel her carcass into the Supreme Court on a gurney before they let her die on Trump's watch. As long as they can prop her eyes open they'll claim she is fit to sit on the bench.

Besides, the Democrats will say Trump can't appoint anyone now, he's being impeached.

Oops, which soap opera trial will get more coverage? The total and complete annihilation and litany of made up charges against Trumps nominee, or the impeachment one side only allowed "inquiry"? I'd be willing to bet my life savings the Democrats will do their utmost to totally destroy whatever nominee Trump would put up, even Allah himself would face the most ridiculous and insane charges if nominated by Trump.

edit on 11/13/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
FOUR TIME CANCER SURVIVOR!

www.usatoday.com...

Ms. Ginsburg isn't going ANYWHERE soon.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

The Dems have the majority in the House due to the will of the voters. They used that majority to launch the impeachment inquiry. They are operating within the rules and using their majority to flex their muscle.

Exactly what you want the GOP in the Senate to do.

Democrats used the Mueller fiasco and hundreds of millions of dollars to lose seats in the Senate and get a small margin in the House in 2018.

A hundred million dollars of out of state money alone went to Beto, who lost anyways.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

edit on 13-11-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
WOW... you can hope for somebody to die...You all no shame... But remember, no supreme court nominee in the last year of a presidency...

Five years to go so, there’s that.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I for one, am just fine with RBG continuing to serve for as long as she damn well pleases. If she has her mental faculties why shouldn't she be able to do so? I'm a conservative so of course I'd rather have a conservative judge in her place but she has the right to to decide if and when she retired. I value constitutional rights for all Americans regardless of their political leanings and would hope many of you feel the same way.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Ginsburg seems like the type who plans to stay on the court until she dies.

Probably happen soon too. Followed shortly after by libtard Stephen Breyer.

And President Trump is gonna appoint ... and Senator McConnell is gonna confirm.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
How sadly ironic that so many here wail and gnash teeth over the Democrats being partisan, and yet, here is Republican partisanship on full nauseating display!

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Has Trump really made a good appointment other than Mattis, who quit? I have no idea why anyone would be excited about him appointing another derpy justice that some of us may be stuck with for the rest of our lives. It could realistically be Kid Rock or Ted Nugent. Balance of power is important. A partisan majority in the supreme court isn't good for any of us, and the many of you who drool over her possible death is disgusting.
edit on 13-11-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Has Trump really made a good appointment other than Mattis, who quit? I have no idea why anyone would be excited about him appointing another derpy justice that some of us may be stuck with for the rest of our lives. It could realistically be Kid Rock or Ted Nugent. Balance of power is important. A partisan majority in the supreme court isn't good for any of us, and the many of you who drool over her possible death is disgusting.

Authoritarians are short-sighted; unbalanced selfishness is part-and-parcel of the way they look at the world. Which is why it always fails. When autocrats get rid of the “undesirables” they have to find new undesirables. Their schtick doesn’t work without the Enemy.

And they will find that Enemy. Call it the Niemöller Principle.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

How sadly ironic that so many here wail and gnash teeth over the Democrats being partisan, and yet, here is Republican partisanship on full nauseating display!

How Christian it is to hope for another person’s death as well! I hope none of you ever know how that feels.

Did you get those crocodile tears by sniffing an onion?
edit on 11/13/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

He has made plenty....

Now imagine you only have 4 years guaranteed to do a job and make things right. How would you handle your subordinates?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

How Christian it is to hope for another person’s death as well! I hope none of you ever know how that feels.

Did you get those crocodile tears by sniffing an onion?

Did you get that stinky attitude by sniffing your own feculence?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Oh look, the 345,326,492th posting of the silly girl screaming ... because you can’t make a cogent counterargument?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Authoritarians are short-sighted; unbalanced selfishness is part-and-parcel of the way they look at the world. Which is why it always fails. When autocrats get rid of the “undesirables” they have to find new undesirables. Their schtick doesn’t work without the Enemy.

And they will find that Enemy. Call it the Niemöller Principle.

Precisely why Schiff is completely underwater and has no idea how to proceed right now.

I don't think you get the reality that Trump is not and never has been a politician. He is a businessman, and a VERY successful one. If you want to compare his success/fail rate as a businessman to ANY politicians record in politics you will find him way above all of them.

He brought a completely new and different dynamic to the political sphere. As such, the dems will have to do the same to ever be able to achieve anything.

What you are witnessing is the complete and total upheaval of the political sphere in the US.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Anyone try unplugging her a bit and plugging her back in as a hard reset yet? Animatronics need that once in a while too.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You mentioned that you read a lot of sources everyday and so do I. I find it fascinating how Trump apologists are so often 180 degrees from anything resembling a balanced view and often seem to hold the diametrically opposed view to the mainstream narrative.

Yeah, Vasa, I do understand what Trump is. He’s a successful licensing agent. He sells access to the Trump brand. He’s not a good businessman by any stretch of the imagination, as guys like Mark Cuban point out. Sure, post your study on Trump’s success/fail rate with all other politicians ... that’s an absurd claim.

He brought a new dynamic? Sure. The elevation of brazen ignorance coupled with paper-thin skin into an alleged virtue.

We don’t agree about much with Trump, but I do agree with the last. He’s an agent of change, but it’s more like being a sock-puppet than a trailblazer.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

WOW... you can hope for somebody to die...You all no shame... But remember, no supreme court nominee in the last year of a presidency...

Last year of second term... POTUS Trump is only in his 5th to last year, can RBG hold out a half a decade?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

True, that. RBG should have retired a few years ago, when Mr. Obama was still POTUS, and it wouldn't be an issue now.

BUT, her ego wouldn't let her.

edit on 13-11-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added some spice

edit on 13-11-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Last year of second term... POTUS Trump is only in his 5th to last year, can RBG hold out a half a decade?

Perhaps in the alternate universe you seem to be reporting from, sure.

But hey, we’re about to enter the last year of a Presidential term ... the McConnell Principle says that no SCOTUS changes are allowed until the People have spoken.

So, I guess we’ll wait until Nov 2020 or Jan 2021 at least, right?

Unless Mitch is a lying, bountiful bag of crap smeared all over the Constitution.

Right?
edit on 13-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

It would be nice to get rid of an "activist judge" and just get in a Constitutionalist.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join