It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginsburg on the fritz.....again.....here comes another SCOTUS appointment!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Wayfarer
so which is wrong?
or are both wrong?
and why?

and all of a sudden why is it "wrong" to use the majority?
seems it gets cheered when on the right side......

seems they want to undo my vote, why should I not encourage those I voted for to further my will?

Its wrong primarily because McConnell's refusal to even hold hearings on Garland is a dereliction of duty (as it is the senates job to hold such hearings to confirm the candidate). The reasons McConnell gave have been listed, and the issue is that under these same circumstances McConnell is going back on his reasoning because 'its ok when we stop a Democratic nominee for whatever reason, but those reasons don't count/matter for a Republican nominee'.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I mean, these past few weeks have been some of the most entertaining and blissful I've had in the last few years. Watching all this come out around Trump and the dumpsterfire that is him and his administration being displayed publicly now for the remainder of his term actually calms me a great deal and really lowers my stress levels.

So in that sense yes you could say all this winning is getting to me (in a good way).

Good to hear. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. I'll check in with you when it's over and nothing happens....just to make sure you're still all good.

That is actually a genuinely sweet thing for you to say/offer.

I would like that very much indeed!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Its wrong primarily because McConnell's refusal to even hold hearings on Garland is a dereliction of duty (as it is the senates job to hold such hearings to confirm the candidate).

no it is not, and scholars acknowledged such last time
as with the peach mints in the junior circuit, this is up to the senate, and the senate alone.....

sorry you think BAMN only works for one subject

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Its wrong primarily because McConnell's refusal to even hold hearings on Garland is a dereliction of duty (as it is the senates job to hold such hearings to confirm the candidate).

no it is not, and scholars acknowledged such last time
as with the peach mints in the junior circuit, this is up to the senate, and the senate alone.....

sorry you think BAMN only works for one subject

Except your argument is merely a re-flavoring of 'might makes right'.

Also I'm not sure what BAMN references if you could break it out for me.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
#resist
By Any Means Necessary

When voted the duly elected majority might does make right....see current bs going on in the house, they "didnt even have to take a floor vote"....remember? Now the speaker of the house can demand impeachment investigations....

I encourage my duly elected senator to return the treatment in kind

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

#resist
By Any Means Necessary

When voted the duly elected majority might does make right....see current bs going on in the house, they "didnt even have to take a floor vote"....remember? Now the speaker of the house can demand impeachment investigations....

I encourage my duly elected senator to return the treatment in kind

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm merely calling it out because at face value its hypocritical. That being said, I have way more respect for folks such as yourself who embrace the hypocrisy of things when they work in their favor rather than trying to re-conceptualize the scenario so that they can avoid the unpleasant realization of said hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So you're saying that the Dems are in the right for launching these impeachment inquiries?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'm merely calling it out because at face value its hypocritical.

At face value perhaps: but the senate using the power of the senate is in no way hypocritical.
The situation in the house is in no way in my favor, and I fully encourage the house to use its power to the fullest.
Politicians being politicians to further my view does not bother me in any way shape or form.
I didn't send them to washington to be nice. I have grown accustomed to the opposition not being nice in return.
Sorry that I happen to think my vote reflects what I think is best for our nation.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

So you're saying that the Dems are in the right for launching these impeachment inquiries?

nope
but I am not mad that they are using their majority
it was what most of them were elected for, but perhaps a real reason and not this rumor bs
the voters will sort that next November
and I would wager it wont be on 2nd hand rumors

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm merely calling it out because at face value its hypocritical.

At face value perhaps: but the senate using the power of the senate is in no way hypocritical.
The situation in the house is in no way in my favor, and I fully encourage the house to use its power to the fullest.
Politicians being politicians to further my view does not bother me in any way shape or form.
I didn't send them to washington to be nice. I have grown accustomed to the opposition not being nice in return.
Sorry that I happen to think my vote reflects what I think is best for our nation.

Hey man you're great and even though I don't agree with most of what you post you deserve kudo's for keeping it calm/rational

I think we're veering into a semantic argument insomuch as its broken down to a difference of opinion by subjectivity.

edit: removed question because you answered it above.
edit on 47pm19fpmMon, 18 Nov 2019 13:24:33 -0600America/ChicagoMon, 18 Nov 2019 13:24:33 -0600 by Wayfarer because: clarity

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I think we're veering into a semantic argument insomuch as its broken down to a difference of opinion by subjectivity.

Is mcconnell a jackass?
Yes, yes he is.
When we get back to rational government I hope he goes.
Until then he appears to be just the man for the job imo.

Tho all this is contingent upon that old lady still going to work and making important decisions at 86.......
no irony there , right?
BAMN

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Is mcconnell a jackass?
Yes, yes he is.
When we get back to rational government I hope he goes.
Until then he appears to be just the man for the job imo.

Tho all this is contingent upon that old lady still going to work and making important decisions at 86.......
no irony there , right?
BAMN

RGB is ridiculously tough when comparing national statistics to what she's had done already. I'm less freaked out because of that fact.

That being said, the age thing is pretty vacuous as a point since its dangerously close to Trump.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

RGB is ridiculously tough when comparing national statistics to what she's had done already. I'm less freaked out because of that fact.

mkay...
lol

That being said, the age thing is pretty vacuous as a point since its dangerously close to Trump.

yep
and he almost got 25thed because of it....remember
just depends on who it helps i guess?

btw
should she step down and be replaced by dec 31 you have no issue with that?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

should she step down and be replaced by dec 31 you have no issue with that?

Of course not; why would I? Disappointed that she would hand the nomination so blatantly to Trump but its within her right and she's certainly earned retirement whenever she chooses.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
If she does pass away, it will lead to even more desperation to get rid of the President.

I dont think the poor dems could handle another "loss" , which is how they see any appointment made by Trump.

If she passes away obviously the Senate should hold off on confirming any replacement until the American people have spoken on November 4th 2020.

Why would they do that?

The same reason McConnell refused to hold confirmation hearings on Merrick Garland:
Its imperative the American People have a say in this after 2 Trump nominations..........

What will be said when Trump is a Lame Duck? That he shouldn't appoint anyone to the S.C. in the second half of his second term?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Saturday, November 23, 2019

Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized again. This time for "Chills and Fever".

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized on Friday after experiencing "chills and fever" earlier in the day. The 86-year-old justice received treatment at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.

Ginsburg was initially brought to Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C., on Friday, but was then transferred to Johns Hopkins for further evaluation and treatment for a possible infection, the Supreme Court of the United States' public information office said in a statement on Saturday.

"With intravenous antibiotics and fluids, her symptoms abated and she expects to be released from the hospital as early as Sunday morning," the statement continued.

Recently, Ginsburg missed arguments on November 13 with what the court called a stomach bug. She returned on November 18 for the court's next public meeting.
Source: www.newson6.com...

A "Stomach Bug" Nov 13th-18th. Now "Chills and Fever".

What do ATS medical experts make of this extended illness episode?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
She is supposed to be released from the hospital today (Sunday) if treatment worked as hoped, on Friday/Saturday.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Here's to that SCOTUS appointment

No more "activists" like Ginsburg!
edit on 11/24/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There is a reason it is always Ginsburg we hear about heaving health problems, she isn't well and likely hanging on by a weakening thread.

My guess is her immune system isn't up to the task, likely the result of cancer or the treatment although I am certainly no expert. Can't stand her politics and don't think she is qualified to sit on the court (due to activism/not being objectively impartial) I do hope she takes what time she has left and spends it with her family instead of fighting a hopeless battle against a GOP majority. She deserves time with her family, and having a SCOTUS Justice who isn't 100% there and dedicated is a disservice to the country

Ginsburg can prove me wrong, that not all democrats care solely and exclusively about power/other petty things: resign. For the good of the country, resign. Not fair to deprive your family of that precious time over some mere petty political squable even if the dems constantly make a mountain from a microscopic ant hole on a daily basis.
edit on 11/24/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
That chick stopped buying green bananas.

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join