It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First ever casualty from Flying Saucer - Rome, April 1, 1950.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
While editing old articles today, I came across this one which caught my eye. They were funny buggers back in the day.. lol

The MIRROR (Perth, W.A.) 01 April, 1950. haha

CASUALTY FROM FLYING SAUCER

Rome, Today: Arnaldo Capelli, of Sesto Sangiovanni, near Milan, is believed to be the world's first fatal casualty of 'flying saucers'.

He looked up when a group of people pointed skywards— and a lorry ran over him.

Made me laugh, those fools of april past..

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I guess a lot of men back in the day was hit by flying saucers.

Word has it, they came flying out of the galactic kitchen area.

Not many men would tell the story though due to being laughed at in the mines...
edit on 13-11-2019 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Heh, that would be a Lorraine, not a lorry. Same result though, no sammiches.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I heard that the term flying saucers comes from the queen Elizabeth the second, who in anger threw her saucer into a lake because her corgis ate her doilies and pinched her tea and scones.

But In reality the term flying saucer was created by the press, in a press interview Arnold merely said they looked like saucers skipping on water and the press ran with it.

Another case of Mandela syndrome, like people believing that Dubstep is actually music.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: gallop

I heard that the term flying saucers comes from the queen Elizabeth the second, who in anger threw her saucer into a lake because her corgis ate her doilies and pinched her tea and scones.

But In reality the term flying saucer was created by the press, in a press interview Arnold merely said they looked like saucers skipping on water and the press ran with it.

Another case of Mandela syndrome, like people believing that Dubstep is actually music.

Well, it was 1950 when the article was written.

I think that's before the mandela effect was termed. And when a lot more newpapers printer articles. I read a few today. And some were not explained away as military things, or could have been.

Well, except the one where they guy says his hair was singed by a UFO. Nothing could explain that.. lmao

trove is a treasure chest of archived searchable newspaper articles. Like reading how the first 'wireless patrol car' arrested a 12 year old boy for prank calling the local telephone exchange in the 30's.. I think it's great to be able to read these things and am glad I am helping to correct the bad OCR of the old papers..

Just, when I saw this april fools joke in the page, I had to laugh... and no one had touched it, so it was mine.

top topics

join