It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cancel Culture of Climate Change

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Groot

The study showing polar bears are in fact thriving comes from where exactly?

From Mrs. Crockford.

From the OP you were replying to...

Ms. Crockford accused officials at the Canadian university of bowing to “outside pressure,” the result of her research showing that polar bear populations are stable and even thriving, not plummeting as a result of shrinking Arctic sea ice, defying claims of the climate change movement.

I think ATS needs a basic reading comprehension test you need to pass before you become a member.

/faceplam

Why single out ATS, what about the internet in general.

A lot of us have to get a licence for the 2a, might be time to require one for the internet as well.

Keep all that riff raff out.

But then I could no longer read your posts sweety and my life would be a little more grey.

Government officials have no sarcasm meter, after all...

So you finally admit you think I'm an idiot and couldn't pass the test to get an internet licence.

That's fair, but to think I couldn't find someone that looks like me and pay them 20 dollars to take the test is what hurts the most.

Nah.. you would take the test, your intellect would fight with your snark gland and it would just all go wrong.

You always have the answers people don't want to be true, after all...

Everytime I've walked into the government center for a license, I walk out with the paperwork. Either the licence I went in there for, or restraining order paperwork(they hire really cute girls for all those positions around here). Either way, i've got government docs when I leave, so I consider it a 100 percent success rate.

Do you go home afterwards, fill out the paperwork and submit it?

Does it ever get approved?

Or do you just have a 100% success rate on getting the paperwork?

Just sayin...

No, sorry for the confusion.

When I leave there the documents are in effect. Either the licence in question......or the restraining order......

"Sometimes you just can't go......where everybody knows your name......"

It's like cheers, but I never played baseball.

I give up.

I'm going to go back to me on ATS tomorrow and if I get banned so be it.

I honestly didn't know I was being that confusing.

I guess your womanly mind is best suited in the kitchen perusing a betty crocker book.......and not in the ring with us men(and our restraining orders).

I say that, knowing full well that there is NO chance that your foot could reach this far and stomp on my sack.

Before you get all emotional(and I know you will), Just PM me your complaints and attach the PDF document for the restraining order paperwork....

edit on 12-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think a lot of these climate disasters and general instability has to do with the overall psychological instability being fed into the Collective Unconscious aether via the epigenetics of our flesh. No doubt we are polluting much of the land we occupy, but I think we manifest the bulk of what happens in the world.

Sow to the Flesh, and reap decay.
Sow to the Wind, and reap the whirlwind.
Sow to the Spirit, and reap everlasting life.

What most would dismiss as "magical thinking" would be considered a possibility by many of the founders of quantum mechanics.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
BUT WHAT ABOUT LITTLE GRETA?!

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
BUT WHAT ABOUT LITTLE GRETA?!

She's just a swedish teenage girl that found a niche to get away form the euro muslim rape capital that is swedistan.

I, honestly, don't blame her for finding a way to get away from that 3rd world country.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The study showing polar bears are in fact thriving comes from where exactly?

From Mrs. Crockford.

From the OP you were replying to...

Ms. Crockford accused officials at the Canadian university of bowing to “outside pressure,” the result of her research showing that polar bear populations are stable and even thriving, not plummeting as a result of shrinking Arctic sea ice, defying claims of the climate change movement.

I think ATS needs a basic reading comprehension test you need to pass before you become a member.

/faceplam

Why single out ATS, what about the internet in general.

A lot of us have to get a licence for the 2a, might be time to require one for the internet as well.

Keep all that riff raff out.

But then I could no longer read your posts sweety and my life would be a little more grey.

Government officials have no sarcasm meter, after all...

So you finally admit you think I'm an idiot and couldn't pass the test to get an internet licence.

That's fair, but to think I couldn't find someone that looks like me and pay them 20 dollars to take the test is what hurts the most.

Nah.. you would take the test, your intellect would fight with your snark gland and it would just all go wrong.

You always have the answers people don't want to be true, after all...

Everytime I've walked into the government center for a license, I walk out with the paperwork. Either the licence I went in there for, or restraining order paperwork(they hire really cute girls for all those positions around here). Either way, i've got government docs when I leave, so I consider it a 100 percent success rate.

Do you go home afterwards, fill out the paperwork and submit it?

Does it ever get approved?

Or do you just have a 100% success rate on getting the paperwork?

Just sayin...

No, sorry for the confusion.

When I leave there the documents are in effect. Either the licence in question......or the restraining order......

"Sometimes you just can't go......where everybody knows your name......"

It's like cheers, but I never played baseball.

I give up.

I'm going to go back to me on ATS tomorrow and if I get banned so be it.

I honestly didn't know I was being that confusing.

I guess your womanly mind is best suited in the kitchen perusing a betty crocker book.......and not in the ring with us men(and our restraining orders).

I say that, knowing full well that there is NO chance that your foot could reach this far and stomp on my sack.

Before you get all emotional(and I know you will), Just PM me your complaints and attach the PDF document for the restraining order paperwork....

Y'all get a room already.

Pretty obvious , Mister Spock.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Why won't ya just Google it. Took me under 10 seconds.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There is an open call for research by JAMA ( The Journal of the American Medical Association ) on the health outcomes and risks associated with climate change.
Then it goes on to list the devastating effects of climate change such as air pollution:

Air pollution is a critically important topic because it is associated with increases in the risk of cardiovascular disease,5,6 impaired lung function,7 allergies and asthma, altered thyroid function,8 food insecurity and malnutrition, and forced migration.

Considering our war is on CO2 how is a colorless odorless gas responsible for all that?
Jama also seeks imput regarding people at the extremes of age, those with chronic illness, those performing physical work in the heat, and those living with homelessness, poverty, food insecurity, and discrimination.
No doubt the mental health impacts are from the non stop end of the world predictions that these articles of doom will contribute to.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
I think a lot of these climate disasters and general instability has to do with the overall psychological instability being fed into the Collective Unconscious aether via the epigenetics of our flesh. No doubt we are polluting much of the land we occupy, but I think we manifest the bulk of what happens in the world.

Sow to the Flesh, and reap decay.
Sow to the Wind, and reap the whirlwind.
Sow to the Spirit, and reap everlasting life.

What most would dismiss as "magical thinking" would be considered a possibility by many of the founders of quantum mechanics.

Get off your mushroom cloud and get real.

Despite all that is said about climate change and global warming, humans don't have that much effect .

Think about it. 65 million years ago, there were these huge, methane , farting dinosaurs and they were doing great until a big ass asteroid supposedly wiped them out.

So, what makes you think we can destroy the Earth or make it inhabitable for us to live on?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yeah. If an asteroid hits it will cool things down. Of course the Sun wasn't as hot back then so it would probably be really bad for us. But maybe us mammals owe our existence to that asteroid. Eh?

Short of an asteroid strike, or a huge increase in volcanic activity, things are going to get warmer. As I recall, dinosaurs didn't have billions of individuals mostly living in cities, many of them in coastal areas, all of them depending upon agriculture to survive.

edit on 11/12/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley
There is an open call for research by JAMA ( The Journal of the American Medical Association ) on the health outcomes and risks associated with climate change.
Then it goes on to list the devastating effects of climate change such as air pollution:

Air pollution is a critically important topic because it is associated with increases in the risk of cardiovascular disease,5,6 impaired lung function,7 allergies and asthma, altered thyroid function,8 food insecurity and malnutrition, and forced migration.

Considering our war is on CO2 how is a colorless odorless gas responsible for all that?
Jama also seeks imput regarding people at the extremes of age, those with chronic illness, those performing physical work in the heat, and those living with homelessness, poverty, food insecurity, and discrimination.
No doubt the mental health impacts are from the non stop end of the world predictions that these articles of doom will contribute to.

I repeat myself ....

Despite all that is said about climate change and global warming, humans don't have that much effect .

Think about it. 65 million years ago, there were these huge, methane , farting dinosaurs and they were doing great until a big ass asteroid supposedly wiped them out.

So, what makes you think we can destroy the Earth or make it inhabitable for us to live on?

I might add, that is what gave us a start , so maybe a big change in the future of our planet?

edit on 12-11-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. If an asteroid hits it will cool things down. Of course the Sun wasn't as hot back then so it would probably be really bad for us. But maybe us mammals owe our existence to that asteroid. Eh?

Short of an asteroid strike, or a huge increase in volcanic activity, things are going to get warmer. As I recall, dinosaurs didn't have billions of individuals mostly living in cities, many of them in coastal areas, all of them depending upon agriculture to survive.

Is that a bad thing? Maybe for humans. Think we can change and save ourselves?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Think we can change and save ourselves?

Change is feasible. With leaders who take a long view.

But "saving" ourselves involves a lot of effort. And what's in it for me?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
Why won't ya just Google it. Took me under 10 seconds.

90% of what you read on the internet is either bunk or studies paid for by institutions that have an agenda.

They told us for 50 odd years smoking was fine, in fact in the 50s it was endorsed by doctors as a healthy choice. If you're basing your views on a 10 second Google search chances are your not looking at anything resembling facts or truth.

edit on 13-11-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A pertinent question would be, "Google what, exactly?"

Then we might get into things like negation and quotation marks. But that's 2nd level stuff.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

2nd level stuff, screw that thinking is hard .

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Think we can change and save ourselves?

Change is feasible. With leaders who take a long view.

But "saving" ourselves involves a lot of effort. And what's in it for me?

I guess it's all in perspective to those affected. Big concern on those living on the coast with sea levels rising . Those living in the hills of Kentucky, not so much. People can move and adapt. But I am a special kind of idiot who did.

I've always liked you, Phage. You remind me of myself sometimes.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I guess it's all in perspective to those affected.

Don't be a global village idiot.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
20 mins long, but worth it. This guy Peter Ridd has something to say on the subject of the thread.

He also mentions a thing called replication crisis.

The replication crisis (or replicability crisis or reproducibility crisis) is, as of 2019, an ongoing methodological crisis in which it has been found that many scientific studies are difficult or impossible to replicate or reproduce. The replication crisis affects the social and life sciences most severely.[1][2] The crisis has long-standing roots; the phrase was coined in the early 2010s[3] as part of a growing awareness of the problem. The replication crisis represents an important body of research in the field of metascience.[4] Because the reproducibility of experiments is an essential part of the scientific method,[5] the inability to replicate the studies of others has potentially grave consequences for many fields of science in which significant theories are grounded on unreproducible experimental work. The replication crisis has been particularly widely discussed in the field of psychology and in medicine, where a number of efforts have been made to re-investigate classic results, to determine both the reliability of the results, and, if found to be unreliable, the reasons for the failure of replication.[6][7]

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Ridd, as a scientist, is welcome to his opinions about the state of the GBR. I'm not sure they are valid.

Do you think the GBR is fine, do you just want to resort to Ridd's strawman arguments? Based on his arguments, all science is worthless.

Now what?

edit on 11/13/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

which one do you consider a strawman argument ?

I dont know if his numbers are valid ( i have no way of verifying his claims other than take his word on it), but he states the reef is actually growing and doing just fine, while the whole aussi climate academia is hung on that not being the case.

If he is right, the implications are dire.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join