It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cancel Culture of Climate Change

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Supposedly, we are in the midst of a major change in climate because humans are using up way to much of the Earth's resources and producing way too much damaging by- products that is killing off and causing mass extinctions across the globe, including polar bears.

But, as a scientist , you prove otherwise, you get the boot.

Doesn't fit the agenda.

What , exactly is the agenda?

Nobody has done more to sink the claim that climate change is endangering polar bears than zoologist Susan Crockford — and she may have paid for it with her job.

After 15 years as an adjunct assistant professor, Ms. Crockford said the University of Victoria rejected without explanation in May her renewal application, despite her high profile as a speaker and author stemming from her widely cited research on polar bears and dog domestication.

Ms. Crockford accused officials at the Canadian university of bowing to “outside pressure,” the result of her research showing that polar bear populations are stable and even thriving, not plummeting as a result of shrinking Arctic sea ice, defying claims of the climate change movement.

The polar bears are actually thriving during this global warming.

But , if you don't stay in line and follow the script, you must go.

Her dismissal, which she announced Wednesday in a post on her Polar Bear Science blog, has spurred alarm over the implications for academic freedom and the rise of the “cancel culture” for professors and scientists who challenge climate catastrophe predictions.

“When push came to shove, UVic threw me under the bus rather than stand up for my academic freedom,” said Ms. Crockford, who earned a Ph.D. in interdisciplinary studies, specifically biology and anthropology, in 2004.

www.washingtontimes.com...

IMHO, don't buy into this climate change bull crap. It's not as bad and it is not caused by humans . It is a natural occurrence that has happened over and over again. All we can do is adapt as we have always have done.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

The study showing polar bears are in fact thriving comes from where exactly?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, it was not funded by George Soros or any of his ilk.

If you take the time to hunt around, you will find many similar pieces of research carried out by real scientists.

So, go take a look!

P

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
According to Coca Cola, those polar bears look pretty happy and healthy to me, especially around the holiday season.

Its probably as valid as a "study" as anything else. Since these days, when it comes to science, the outcome of the "data" is usually determined by who's paying for the study and what narrative they expect it to support.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
According to Coca Cola, those polar bears look pretty happy and healthy to me, especially around the holiday season.

Its probably as valid as a "study" as anything else. Since these days, when it comes to science, the outcome of the "data" is usually determined by who's paying for the study and what narrative they expect it to support.

Funding is the game, lets bow down to the money and screw real facts !

LOL !

Sad we can't even trust science these days.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Uhuh, I don't believe you.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

From Mrs. Crockford.

From the OP you were replying to...

Ms. Crockford accused officials at the Canadian university of bowing to “outside pressure,” the result of her research showing that polar bear populations are stable and even thriving, not plummeting as a result of shrinking Arctic sea ice, defying claims of the climate change movement.

I think ATS needs a basic reading comprehension test you need to pass before you become a member.

/faceplam

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What actually is *climate change*? Is it an instant 90 degree pole shift wherein Woolly Mammoths are frozen instantly with marigolds hanging from their jaws? Is it a slow motion ice age caused by a very gradual pole shift 1 degree at a time? This inexplicable warming could be caused by a REAL actual volcano becoming active under the arctic circle, or is it really just changes in the weather, just as you and I experience everyday; it's raining today (drat yea gods no umbrella hands) it's hot today and the lake is frozen over.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

From Mrs. Crockford.

I think ATS needs a basic reading comprehension test you need to pass before you become a member.

/faceplam

Why single out ATS, what about the internet in general.

A lot of us have to get a licence for the 2a, might be time to require one for the internet as well.

Keep all that riff raff out.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

From Mrs. Crockford.

/faceplam

A lot of us have to get a licence for the 2a, might be time to require one for the internet as well.

But then I could no longer read your posts sweety and my life would be a little more grey.

Government officials have no sarcasm meter, after all...

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

From here, kind person.

polarbearscience.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

From Mrs. Crockford.

/faceplam

But then I could no longer read your posts sweety and my life would be a little more grey.

So you finally admit you think I'm an idiot and couldn't pass the test to get an internet licence.

That's fair, but to think I couldn't find someone that looks like me and pay them 20 dollars to take the test is what hurts the most.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
What actually is *climate change*? Is it an instant 90 degree pole shift wherein Woolly Mammoths are frozen instantly with marigolds hanging from their jaws? Is it a slow motion ice age caused by a very gradual pole shift 1 degree at a time? This inexplicable warming could be caused by a REAL actual volcano becoming active under the arctic circle, or is it really just changes in the weather, just as you and I experience everyday; it's raining today (drat yea gods no umbrella hands) it's hot today and the lake is frozen over.

To be honest, what ever Odin blesses me with that day.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

From Mrs. Crockford.

/faceplam

So you finally admit you think I'm an idiot and couldn't pass the test to get an internet licence.

That's fair, but to think I couldn't find someone that looks like me and pay them 20 dollars to take the test is what hurts the most.

Nah.. you would take the test, your intellect would fight with your snark gland and it would just all go wrong.

You always have the answers people don't want to be true, after all...

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

From Mrs. Crockford.

/faceplam

Nah.. you would take the test, your intellect would fight with your snark gland and it would just all go wrong.

Everytime I've walked into the government center for a license, I walk out with the paperwork. Either the licence I went in there for, or restraining order paperwork(they hire really cute girls for all those positions around here). Either way, i've got government docs when I leave, so I consider it a 100 percent success rate.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

From Mrs. Crockford.

/faceplam

Everytime I've walked into the government center for a license, I walk out with the paperwork. Either the licence I went in there for, or restraining order paperwork(they hire really cute girls for all those positions around here). Either way, i've got government docs when I leave, so I consider it a 100 percent success rate.

Do you go home afterwards, fill out the paperwork and submit it?

Does it ever get approved?

Or do you just have a 100% success rate on getting the paperwork?

Just sayin...

ETA.. I'm playing with you and having fun.

There is probably a really good reason that men and I don't get along and it's all about me.

So please don't take our conversation seriously because if you do, I have entirely read you wrong.

God phucking gawd... these new ATS rules are killing me.

~wanders off to try out a bottle of Sweet Crude~
edit on 12-11-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

From Mrs. Crockford.

/faceplam

Just sayin...

No, sorry for the confusion.

When I leave there the documents are in effect. Either the licence in question......or the restraining order......

"Sometimes you just can't go......where everybody knows your name......"

It's like cheers, but I never played baseball.
edit on 12-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

From Mrs. Crockford.

/faceplam

Just sayin...

When I leave there the documents are in effect. Either the licence in question......or the restraining order......

I give up.

I'm going to go back to me on ATS tomorrow and if I get banned so be it.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

From here, kind person.

polarbearscience.com...

Thanks, I'll get my teeth into t h at a little later.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

From Mrs. Crockford.

/faceplam

Just sayin...

I give up.

I'm going to go back to me on ATS tomorrow and if I get banned so be it.

How much can a polar bare ?

edit on 12-11-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join