It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe your own words?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Is it now? it seems like we agree, yet you are informing me of what I've already stated. a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

We agree on this subject that the mud pit has become mostly opinion. IMHO which like the dude said everyone has one and I stated just like b-holes. So if you agree we are all b-holes with opinions then we are on the same page.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I believe that I don't believe anything.
Unless I "know" it to be "fact."
And I don't even believe that.
The Earth is shaped like a giant carrot and God is a giant bunny.
Why not?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808
So you are saying you have a problem with certain people and it has to do with their skin color?

I thought we were all past that level

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I've always noticed that with you... And I get along with anyone who sincerely makes an attempt to truly get the feel for someone who thinks differently, and has good discourse.

In my opinion, that's where we all need to start and work on.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Generally people are not interested in the truth. They are interested in their own versions of the truth, and like to gather info that supports their views. I don't have the real truth either. I just have my own version of it, just like everyone else does.

Therefore, sometimes when opposing views collide, it can trigger defense mechanisms like ad hominem argumentation, deflection, avoidance of a subject and the like.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"I don't believe folks are capable of thinking critically and pursuing the facts"

Just to establish a baseline, does that include yourself or is it just all the other folks?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I've always noticed that with you... And I get along with anyone who sincerely makes an attempt to truly get the feel for someone who thinks differently, and has good discourse.

I’m a scumbag though at times, I know it

I need to get better as well

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I’m a scumbag though at times, I know it

I need to get better as well

I don't think you're a scum bag.... But I understand what you mean because I feel the same about myself at times.

But hey, at least we attempt introspection and try to be better. Perfection is impossible, but constantly trying to be better is as close as you can get.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
We are allowed to have opinions in this country yet, unless of course your opinion is not in compliance with the liberal agenda.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Is it now? it seems like we agree, yet you are informing me of what I've already stated. a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

We agree on this subject that the mud pit has become mostly opinion. IMHO which like the dude said everyone has one and I stated just like b-holes. So if you agree we are all b-holes with opinions then we are on the same page.

But is your opinion an “honest” opinion or a “humble” opinion? Opinionated people would like to know at least in my opinion they would.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

But is your opinion an “honest” opinion or a “humble” opinion? Opinionated people would like to know at least in my opinion they would.

Honest? Humble? I think that depends, it seems like a person becomes schizophrenic or possible MPD when on line, why else for the multiple user names by the same users across multiple sites.

Where as when dealing with people face to face encourages one to be both honest and humble.
Honest try to be, Humble enough to know I don't know everything.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
what a trollish comment. No, and it's offensive you went there.

a reply to: visitedbythem

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Oh snap I've been had! a reply to: elDooberino

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's funny how your Honest and thought out answer has no stars, while those who make combative responses rack up the stars... what is it people are really doing here?

a reply to: Finspiracy

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hey, you see it! a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I guess not, and here I thought you were trying to teach me something! Seems like you have you something to prove to me though?

a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

what a trollish comment. No, and it's offensive you went there.

a reply to: visitedbythem

Actually you did. I just commented about your behavior

Poor at best.
Please improve

top topics

<< 1   >>

join