It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe your own words?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I don't believe folks are capable of thinking critically and pursuing the facts. I see all kinds of information stated boldly, very matter of fact and often combative in posts here. No citation, just bold claims and insults towards those who won't agree.

Is it ignorance? Fear? Are you trying to control the narrative? Or are your sources giving you opinion news (the answer is always yes). Hate had blinded the keyboard warriors.

I get it, trump is very orange, but I think hiding behind false words makes you yellow.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I hate to say it, Rob, but your post appears to fall in the same category that you are complaining about. Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808
It's called opinion just like your post is your opinion. The mud pit is nothing but opinions. In my opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Reflective // Deflective Syndrome is gear driven not belt driven 😃 🎱

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
It's called opinion just like your post is your opinion. The mud pit is nothing but opinions. In my opinion.

--------------------------------

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Like man, you know what they say about opinions every one has one just like everyone has an A-hole.... Man....

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I believe my thoughts but when I say it out loud makes no sense... does that count?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I try my best to only post things that are factual... And if I'm proven wrong I'll admit it.

But there does come the tricky part... We all have to speculate on a lot of threads because there aren't enough facts. And then comes the threads that are purely about opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Sometimes words confuse people.

So they ask me " whatta ya mean?"

and I have to ask them back. Well

"whatta ya mean What do I mean?"

Then we just look at each other til it gets awkward.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
what information am I pretending is factual news in my OP? Or did I just hit a nerve with you?

a reply to: schuyler

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Lol! a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well said! a reply to: watchandwait410

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Is it now? it seems like we agree, yet you are informing me of what I've already stated. a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I try my best to only post things that are factual... And if I'm proven wrong I'll admit it.

But there does come the tricky part... We all have to speculate on a lot of threads because there aren't enough facts. And then comes the threads that are purely about opinion.

Here is the problem.

I try to assume most people believe what they are saying. But there is all sorts of things creating noise between our messages.

Lack of context or relationships with each other, misunderstandings of what exactly we said, somoen being misinformed, a desire to "win" and argument, and so forth.

I am guilty of this as much as anyone.

But there are certainly trolls, pr people taht are so partisan that its impossible to have an honest conversation.

And sometimes its hard to tell the differnce.

So if I am discussing something with someone who disagree with me, and they call me names, or say im dumb, or call me a liar, or they say something that just isnt true, i really brush it off and can have more conversations with those people, because I know things get heated, as do i.

But here is where i start to winder if its worth having a conversation with people. (this is just a hypothetical, I have not had this particular conversation)

If you make a definitive statement, such as "Everyone politicians who refuses to release their taxes should be removed from office"

And I say ok, here is a politician from your party who refused to release their taxes, so you must agree they should be removed.

And you respond with "well that was ok my guy had good reasons to not release his taxes, so he shouldnt be removed"

I dont know how we can have any kind of honest conversation. It is clear that person is willing to shift anyb position they have to justify actions of people they like.

Thats just my thoughts on this.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
that's more than most. True, we speculate if facts aren't apparent... but too often opinion comes first, and weve collectively stopped the persuit of those facts to replace it with proving our opinions...

a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Huh... coooool... a reply to: carsforkids

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Makes you yellow?lol
Who are you?
Biff Tanner?

It's pretty impossible to get any facts through other's accounts of facts without witnessing said stories.
The best we can do is anal-eyes the gitus and draw our own conclusions.
Bring some facts for our schooling, or shut your pie-hole.

I'm gonna make like a tree and get out.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
To be clear, the OP is not that we all have opinions, it's that they are presented as fact with no room for conversation.

a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Do you believe your own words?

I believe most of my words.....it's the sentences and paragraphs that give me problems.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
"Anal-eye"? Thanks, I learned a new phrase today.

a reply to: Mandroid7

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join