It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the H E double hockey sticks did Fall go?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Hellinois has frozen over. One day I was on my boat in shorts, enjoying what was supposed to be the beginning of fall. Even had the AC in the house on. The very next day I was wearing pants and a hoodie and had to flip the furnace on. Ma nature is cray cray this year!

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Did anyone get a fall (or some like to call it autumn), you know the autumn season with falling leaves, with bonfires, with crisp but sunny days and cool nights?

Yup. Up until this past weekend is was quite nice, this was the first time it hit below freezing.

We're supposed to get flurries today but what do I care, I'm in Houston and Denver this week.

Holler if you need your roof shoveled. I can't do anything about it, but it will make me smile.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Hellinois has frozen over. One day I was on my boat in shorts, enjoying what was supposed to be the beginning of fall. Even had the AC in the house on. The very next day I was wearing pants and a hoodie and had to flip the furnace on. Ma nature is cray cray this year!

That's what we got, one day!

I love fall, usually we don't need heat or air for a good month. Nope, straight from AC to full heat. Hate it!
The trees were ugly this year too. Hardly any color like normal. Last year the maples were amazing.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Holler if you need your roof shoveled. I can't do anything about it, but it will make me smile.

Is this you??????

skip to 1:08 for the fun part

edit on 12-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yup. I figured you'd be along at some point.

One day the winters will compel me to move to say, oh, I don't know, North Carolina or something. Then it's on like Donkey Kong.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Nah, he's talking about this...

edit on 12-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a sasquatch stole it

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We're in the midst of a real Fall, complete with colder weather and lots of falling leaves. Seems pretty normal to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

we sort of got one in Montana this year which was rare for us least in my experience in the last 10 years living here we got our 2nd snow storm of the year and its now the snowpocolypse here as people re learn to drive ,think it all depends on where you live as far as getting a fall goes

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
We had a pretty nice, albeit short fall here in southwest Virginia. But I believe it's all but over. On Sunday I was in shorts and a tee washing the car, today I wore pants a hoodie and my 5.11 jacket.

Interesting story. When we lived on Otis airforce base in cape cod MA, we got like two feet of snow one night. And the next morning the base sent people out to plow the snow and shovel the roof. We couldn't figure out why houses in New England had flat roofs anyway. After talking with the neighbors we found out that somehow the plans from housing in Florida got switched with the ones for Otis afb and they built the Florida houses on Otis and vice-versa. Now that I'm older I understand why my dad thought it was so funny, he always laughed and said "that's government efficiency right there"

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I love hot days. Give me 90f over 60 f any day

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
We have gone from freezing cold, near -20 C, to above zero in the course of 3-4 days. Snow is trying to melt off which means it's going to freeze in solid sheets of ice on the streets. We didn't even really get a fall here to speak of. Instead, we've had snow, cold and windy days, and freezing rain. Everyone is coming down with the dreaded "change of weather" colds and passing them around work.

Unfortunately, still have to get to work even if the streets are slippery as heck, even if it means risking walking. Bleh.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Try living here in Wisconsin! I haven't been able to mulch the leaves in my yard because it keeps snowing. This morning the windchill was -7 degrees! Today I winterized the lawnmower and got the snowblower ready. I can't even go Goose hunting because it's so damn cold! We literally skipped fall here and went straight to winter. Apparently "Indian Summer" is no longer politically correct and Mother Nature is a liberal.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Here in Texas it went from sweaty, skimpy clothes, weather to freezing, drizzling, misery.
The closest thing to Fall in this neck of the woods was me literally getting drunk and falling.
I had bruises on my knees and elbows that were all the pretty colors the painter dudes wait for.
Here, it went from tropical green to brown, leafless wasteland practically overnight.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint
Try living here in Wisconsin! I haven't been able to mulch the leaves in my yard because it keeps snowing. This morning the windchill was -7 degrees! Today I winterized the lawnmower and got the snowblower ready. I can't even go Goose hunting because it's so damn cold! We literally skipped fall here and went straight to winter. Apparently "Indian Summer" is no longer politically correct and Mother Nature is a liberal.

Dude... where the heck do you think i'm talking about??? WISCONSIN!

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint

Dude... where the heck do you think i'm talking about??? WISCONSIN!

Here in west central lower Michigan, it was much like you have described. There was some color, but it wasn't brilliant colors, it didn't last long and many trees simply turned brown. Many of the oaks dropped leaves now when they should be dropping in the spring.

It's mid November and it's like January leading into February. I thought I would be cutting firewood after firearm hunting season is over, but the weather is screaming maple syrup tapping time. When I got out of work at around 1AM today, the bank sign in town said 18 degrees. Of course the thermostat in my truck is sticking open and the heat was lame driving home. Hopefully Saturday will be warm enough (like the weather people said it would be) to replace that thermostat.
edit on 13-11-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Heh. Mainland folk.

What's "fall?"

edit on 11/13/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Heh. Mainland folk.

What's "fall?"

That depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

I think of autumn, AKA fall, to be the summer losing the battle to winter. After the winter wins the war, the summer gathers up it's forces and fights back with the spring time battle.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Days get a little shorter. About 2 hours. Dark around 18:30 rather than 19:30. A little cooler some days.

Is that it?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Tired of Chicago weather, too humid in summer too cold in winter, spring is nice and fall used to be nice as well. We had snow this Halloween and had to bust out the snowblower on Monday.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   
First Arctic blast of the year and the echo chamber will be denouncing global warming.

Where are you guys when there is a record breaking heat wave?

We had a slight cool down in Key West, we are expected to get an actual cold front(lows in the upper 60s) this weekend.

edit on 13-11-2019 by jrod because: Add

edit on 13-11-2019 by jrod because: Tg

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join