It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the H E double hockey sticks did Fall go?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Maybe this should go in the rant section....

Did anyone get a fall (or some like to call it autumn), you know the autumn season with falling leaves, with bonfires, with crisp but sunny days and cool nights?

I think we got half a day of it. I vaguely remember the leaves changing.

I don't know about you guys, but here today it was around 15 degrees, last night it dropped around 5 or 6 degrees F. Ground is completely covered with snow and ice. Winter is over a month away. This is way way too early for this smack. I know I live in a cold climate area, but this is insane!

I sure hope we get a little warm up before December. I didn't even get to finish the outdoor chores!
edit on 12-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have been seeing that it is supposed to be a cold winter in these parts. So far it is holding true. But the season is young and time will tell. It was 4 degrees at 0430 when I left for work.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We went back to spring here in Nor California. It’s been mid to upper 70s for weeks. I’m raking leaves while the neighbors having a pool party. Go figure 😕

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I know, right?

Just imagine how horrible it would be without Global Warming.

Seriously we went from an overly warm September to a below average October with two measurable snowfalls in it. Statistically, that's only happened on two other winters in KC, and those had over 2 and 3 feet of snow. Only time will tell of course, but this one is off to a rousing start.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
We had our first snow in September. (N. Rockies)

We had both snow, and record cold in October.

We were forecast for snow flurries today... and, we have 2" on the ground.

If humans could hibernate, I would have dropped out 2 months ago...

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Did anyone get a fall (or some like to call it autumn), you know the autumn season with falling leaves, with bonfires, with crisp but sunny days and cool nights?

Yup. Up until this past weekend is was quite nice, this was the first time it hit below freezing.

We're supposed to get flurries today but what do I care, I'm in Houston and Denver this week.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

70f here in Florida all month so far.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
El Nino is back.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Maybe this should go in the rant section....

I think we got half a day of it. I vaguely remember the leaves changing.

I don't know about you guys, but here today it was around 15 degrees, last night it dropped around 5 or 6 degrees F. Ground is completely covered with snow and ice. Winter is over a month away. This is way way too early for this smack. I know I live in a cold climate area, but this is insane!

I sure hope we get a little warm up before December. I didn't even get to finish the outdoor chores!

In Chicago, landscaper didn't even get time do the "fall clean up". We still have leaves on the ground and trees that had not yet fallen off. I was expecting to get a gutter cleaning once the trees were bare. Next thing I know, we got a couple of inches of snow on ground and everything is frozen solid.

Plane skidded off runway at O'Hare from all the ice yesterday.

I was down in Atlanta over the weekend. It was very pleasant. 50s and 60s. Enough to make me want to move.
edit on 12-11-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

70f here in Florida all month so far.

I lived in Florida for a while, I know this time of year is quite pleasant there.

I also know that July/August/September in Florida, is just like our winter, but the opposite, too hot to do anything.
Where our summers are actually quite nice.

link   

We've certainly got it goin' on here in Alabama. Today was absolutely glorious, a bit too much breeze--had a bit of a bite to it--not cold enough for a coat, but too cool for just a shirt...

But the sky was that particular shade of blue that only Autumn can bring, and the Sun was bright and golden. The leaves are turning on the oaks, maples, etc...a thousand differing shades of red and orange.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I lived in Alabama for a while too. To this day, it is still the most wonderful smelling place I've ever lived/visited. (seriously)
I don't know if was wild honeysuckle or something else growing there. Something about the humidity, the trees and that wild flower.....I imagine that's what heaven smells like. I think the locals take it for granted because they have grown up with that scent in the air.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I'm in Louisiana... Yesterday it was 65, then came an arctic front with a lot of wind. My leaves had started to turn but hadn't fallen off. Now they're all nearly gone and it was 27 with a wind chill of 17. Tonight it will be 21. Both are record breaking lows.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
All of our June looked more like April this year and our November looks like January. Everyone knows the weather is acting very abnormal. The million dollar question is why?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

a reply to: seagull

I lived in Alabama for a while too. To this day, it is still the most wonderful smelling place I've ever lived/visited. (seriously)
I don't know if was wild honeysuckle or something else growing there. Something about the humidity, the trees and that wild flower.....I imagine that's what heaven smells like. I think the locals take it for granted because they have grown up with that scent in the air.

I miss the spring in Atlanta when the dogwoods bloom, honey suckles, pine trees... definitely a nice pleasant smell.

Of course, up here in Chicago we get that sh*t on hot cement smell every big city has....

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
The million dollar question is why?

Masonic Chemtrails. Or HAARP.

Either way we did it.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Of course, up here in Chicago we get that sh*t on hot cement smell every big city has....

I don't mind Chicago in the winter, I'm good for a long weekend or two every February and March, plus you don't smell anything. Mostly because your nose has fallen off due to frostbite.

link   

All of our June looked more like April this year and our November looks like January. Everyone knows the weather is acting very abnormal. The million dollar question is why?

Yes, same exact thing here.

link   

Grand Solar Minimum. It causes abnormal weather and then global cooling.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

Or just weather. Statistically speaking, this has happened before.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join