It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspector General Complaint Claims Ukraine Whistleblower Violated Fundraising Laws

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Gets better by the hour as open hearings near.

Now we have a possible big huge violation by the Whistleblower and maybe lawyers involved !!

Somebody has filed a complaint that a WB GoFundMe account raising money may be illegal of all things 😃

The stumbling and bumbling continues as the agenda falls apart stitch by stitch 😎

BREAKING: Inspector General Complaint Claims Ukraine Whistleblower Violated Fundraising Laws

A new complaint filed with the Intelligence Community Inspector General’s office claims the whistleblower at the center of the Democrats’ latest impeachment push may have violated federal donation laws.

“A newly filed complaint to the Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG) alleges that the whistleblower whose allegations touched off House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry may have violated federal law by indirectly soliciting more than a quarter-million dollars from mostly anonymous sources via a GoFundMe page,” reports Fox News.

“The complaint, which was filed last week and obtained by Fox News, alleged the donations from roughly 6,000 individuals ‘clearly constitute’ gifts to a current intelligence official that may be restricted because of the employee’s official position pursuant to 5 CFR 2635.203 and other statutes. To date, the GoFundMe has raised over $227,000,” adds Fox.

“Any fundraising efforts for the Intelligence Community Whistleblower have complied with federal laws, including ethics requirements. Should any governmental agency properly inquire we would, of course, cooperate,” said attorney Andrew Bakaj.

and..an interesting article about whistleblower identity "protection" ...... 😃

Only Illegal for Intel IG to Name ‘Whistleblower’: ‘No Overarching’ Identity Protection

The law does not explicitly prevent anyone other than the intelligence community inspector general (ICIG) who received the complaint that triggered the impeachment inquiry from outing the identity of the so-called “whistleblower,” several mainstream media outlets have conceded in recent days.
Even left-wing mainstream media outlets—CNN, the New York Times, National Public Radio (NPR), and Reuters — determined that, certainly, no law prohibits President Donald Trump or members of Congress from disclosing the name of the leaker who sparked the impeachment inquiry.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The investigation was probably started on this individual before they knew who blew the whistle. It takes time to verify something like that. The whistleblower may have been trying to shift focus away from his improper activities by steering everyone's focus on Trump. Great offensive move, but I feel he had help in figuring it out, there were probably Democrat political figures coaching him on how to do it correctly to make the most impact.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
poor "whistleblower"
too bad he has to follow the same laws as everybody else........right?

imo he will be lucky if this is the only charge he gets

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The hammer better drop hard on these Coup participants or our republic is done for.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I would love to see who has donated to this fund.

Cough Shifty Schiff cough cough

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I would love to see who has donated to this fund.

Cough Shifty Schiff cough cough

A few million in cold hard cash straight from a pallet in Iran.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
The hammer better drop hard on these Coup participants or our republic is done for.

I think it is already done.

Treason, quid pro quo, lying, cheating, stealing, and murder is widely accepted by the left, as long as it is the left that does it. The same group attempt to prosecute the right for treason, quid pro quo, lying, cheating, stealing, when it clearly isn't the case.

To me, it appears to be projection

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Treason, quid pro quo, lying, cheating, stealing, and murder is widely accepted by the left, as long as it is the left that does it. The same group attempt to prosecute the right for treason, quid pro quo, lying, cheating, stealing, when it clearly isn't the case.

Stock up on guns and ammo then.

If you don't need it, your children or grand children might.

edit on 12-11-2019 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I look forward to hearing the media and Dems call fbis new whistleblower who is blowing the whistle on the or Gino always one a hero

I look forward to them accepting all of his opinions, even if he doesn’t ha e first hand knowledge, as facts

I look forward to them demanding an investigation into the first whistleblower and his lawyer

I look forward to the media decrying anyone who tries to find this new whistleblowers name

I won’t hold my breath waiting though

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Stock up on guns and ammo then.

If you don't need it, your children or grand children might.

My safe is full

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Looking at the Gofundme page, it is for the Whistle-blower's Attorneys, not directly for the Whistle blower.

Not sure if that still qualifies under whatever statute is mentioned.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caractacus

Looking at the Gofundme page, it is for the Whistle-blower's Attorneys, not directly for the Whistle blower.

It's a "Like-Kind" exchange to pay direct legal fees 😃

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It doesn’t.

But as you can see, that doesn’t stop anyone from running with whatever narrative they want to believe. It’s not like the whistleblower set this gofundme up themselves. And since they didn’t, this law doesn’t apply.

As always, it’s everyone else who’s a criminal. Not the well known lying criminal that is under investigation.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Ummm...Ohhh...Ohhhhh...it's to pay the rumor mongers attorney fees...not for the rumor monger...is that right...?

Which would still make these donations...for...the rumor monger...

Talk about quid pro quo...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What would we do without Underwears to tell us plebs that Orange Man Bad?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

It doesn’t.

But as you can see, that doesn’t stop anyone from running with whatever narrative they want to believe. It’s not like the whistleblower set this gofundme up themselves. And since they didn’t, this law doesn’t apply.

As always, it’s everyone else who’s a criminal. Not the well known lying criminal that is under investigation.

How dare you!!!!!

This whstle blower is a patriot! His life is in danger by speaking out against this corruption!

It doesnt matter if he has first hand knowledge of the former whistle blower getting payments, as long as he heard someone talk about it, that is reason enough to believe him.

This man is a hero and obviously telling the truth, and we need to launch investigations right now into his allegations.

And you ought to be ashamed to dare question such a brave patriot like you did.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...Ohhh...Ohhhhh...it's to pay the rumor mongers attorney fees...not for the rumor monger...is that right...?

Talk about quid pro quo...

YouSir

These GoFundMe accounts need serious scrutiny. Many of us suspect they are being used for payoffs. The DNC can't directly give Ciaramella $100,000 as a reward for his bogus claims, but they can arrange a GoFundMe that receives $100,000 in donations.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Not sure if that is how it works.

On that page the Attorneys also explain they are representing a second Whistleblower as well?

My other thought is that Rudy Giuliani has claimed he has been working for President Trump and his campaign for over a year now "Pro Bono", would that qualify as undeclared campaign contributions?

I am not a lawyer. I am just pointing out that these contributions are to the Attorneys, not the Whistle Blower and the original article failed to mention that and I suspect it is relevant to the claim.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Who filed the complaint? I can't find that information out, and it doesn't say that in your link.

This line from your link implies it may not be an official government complaint.

Should any governmental agency properly inquire we would, of course, cooperate,” said attorney Andrew Bakaj.

Is this just somebody personally and anonymously filing a complaint with the IG? Do you have any more details on this?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

Who filed the complaint? I can't find that information out, and it doesn't say that in your link.

This line from your link implies it may not be an official government complaint.

Should any governmental agency properly inquire we would, of course, cooperate,” said attorney Andrew Bakaj.

Is this just somebody personally and anonymously filing a complaint with the IG? Do you have any more details on this?

Why would this whstleblowers identity matter?

We have to believe what he says and launch an investigation, even if he only has second hand knowledge.

Are you trying to out details of the whsitle blower? Dont you realize that is putting his life in danger?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join