It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veggie holiday :)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
a reply to: rickymouse

Agree! I find that almost all of the nutritional advice out there, especially the ones attached to fads like keto, Atkins, paleo, low/no carb, no sugar, it's a load of crap. Anytime there is money to be made you can count on the information being skewed!

People I know that went on the keto diet seem to feel better and get sick less. I think it may be because of this. immunology.sciencemag.org...

I know lots of people who went on the keto and improved, they have been doing it for a couple of years. I only know one person who tried the Atkins, it helped a bit but they switched to the paleo diet and did much better. I know that way too much sugar is being consumed by many people in our society and that more than half the calories people consume are junk food calories. Twenty five percent junk food I do think is ok, but more than that is not good, even if the junk food is organic or vegan.

After studying food science for quite a while I have concluded that consuming grains that have been preharvest treated with glyphosate are bad for most people. A little glyphosate is not a problem for most people, but that application is very bad for our overall health. Eating some is not a problem, but consuming too much of those grains on a regular basis is not good. That includes eating beef fed grains treated with glyphosates, it builds up in the collagen and disrupts the glycine pathways even when we consume the meats. I have not studied how it effects the meat of chickens but did find it is bad for pork though. Even though roundup ready soy is not allowed for human consumption it is used for meat production.

I do not like the properties of carrageenan either, it would never be approved for applications but is listed as a food thickener by the FDA and is only required to meet those particular tests. It is a strong miticide and can severely restrict the operation of our immune systems. it also tastes like crap. It can shut down a person's response to dairy, but does not solve the problem. It can lead to long term problems in the body.

There are some chemistries added to oils that can hamper our immune systems, but they are considered ok by the FDA.

Too much of the cruciferous veggies, especially raw, is not good. Also lectins can cause problems in people if they consume too much, they actually cause some major problems over the long term. If the veggies are prepared properly, it can lower the effect to safe levels. Lectins are sort of saponens, they make a sudsy foam on top of the water when you boil veggies, they should be boiled not steamed to remove these chemistries. If you lose a little nutrition yet accomplish detoxing the food of plant defense system chemistries , it is better.

I should actually make a thread concerning the most problematic chemistries, but all are safe if consumed in moderate consumption. Everyone is different, one person's medicine is another mans poison. But medicine should be used when needed, not all the time.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join