It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Going On Here Then ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
It appears that The Labour Party has suffered a large scale cyber attack on it's digital platforms.

The Labour Party says there has been a "sophisticated and large-scale cyber-attack" on its digital platforms.

A Labour spokeswoman said the attack had "failed" because of the party's "robust security systems" and they were confident that no data breach occurred.

It had been reported to the National Cyber Security Centre, she said

www.bbc.co.uk...

Then we have the news that The Tories are taking donations from Russians.

A secret intelligence report on threats to UK democracy that named nine Conservative Party donors from Russia has reportedly been blocked by the government.

metro.co.uk...

And then we have the blocking of the report into possible Russian interference in U.K. politics until after The General Election.

Boris Johnson was on Monday night accused of presiding over a cover-up after it emerged that No 10 refused to clear the publication of a potentially incendiary report examining Russian infiltration in British politics, including the Conservative party.

www.theguardian.com...

Thoughts ?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Thoughts ?

Offhand, it sounds like a British version of "Russia Russia Russia".

Do the Russians get up to underhanded cyber 'stuff' ? Sure. Have they subverted all of the key Tory politicians in the UK ? Doubtful. This reeks of more Project Fear manipulation.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Here we go. They did the same thing just after the EU referendum and claimed there was evidence Russia had ties to Leave or was working with Leave with BOTS etc. etc. and now this. I'm sorry but as the other comment says it just feels like another scapegoat for any loss. Any time someone wins or loses they get to blame Russia.

I have another blocked drain...bloody Russians!

This is just a pointless thing now everything is blame the Russians. Aren't we passed this point now?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
My thought is don’t go down the Russian Interference rabbit hole like we did here in the U.S.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
Aren't we passed this point now?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The fact is SOMEONE has definitely initiated a DDoS attack on Labour Party 'cyber platforms'.

I would think that any accusations as to who is responsible would at this stage be pure speculation and guesswork without any supportive evidence at all.
I'd also suggest that the list of potential suspects is quite long to say the least.

As for alleged Russian interference in British politics; if there is an independent report then it must be released.
I really don't understand why the government would refuse to do so unless there was something damaging contained within the report.
Now if it is a matter of 'national security' they should at least come out and say that but if its to protect any political party or the source of donations to a political party then that is completely unacceptable.

One question I do have is why would Russia want to donate money, either directly or through some proxy, to any British political party?
The arseholes, thieves and incompetents currently masquerading as politicians have proven themselves more than capable of causing absolute political mayhem and almost bringing this country to a standstill without any outside assistance.

One more thing; who the hell does Hilary Clinton think she is moralising about transparency in British politics?
I'd suggest she concentrate on trying to put her own house in order first before meddling in another nations politics!
edit on 12/11/19 by Freeborn because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'd suggest she concentrate on trying to putting her own house in order first before meddling in another nations politics!

If your country was to toss her into London Tower, a lot of Americans would NOT take issue ...

Cheers

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Also some fool has allowed the vile clinton hag into our country,and she is waddling about the place frothing at the mouth about this Russian interferance.
www.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Offhand, it sounds like a British version of "Russia Russia Russia".

Have they got their version of the Steele Dossier yet...

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Also some fool has allowed the vile clinton hag into our country,and she is waddling about the place frothing at the mouth about this Russian interferance.
www.msn.com...

Maybe she thinks she can win in the UK?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

So are you trying to say that the Tories have paid Russia to hack the Labour Party?

There are 9 / 10 Russians that have donated to the Tory Party over the last couple of years and their names are all available to see as they are listed as donors for the Tories, as Parliamentary Regulations demand.

It is also worth remebering that this report came out a few days ago - ie, after Parliament had closed. It will be released when it has been looked at by the relevent Parliamentary and Governmental bodies, as per standard Parliamentary procedure.

But, again, the actual list of donors is shown by the Electoral Commission.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Tories have been trying to dismantle the labour party for years...

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Russian interference in U.K. politics

again with this crap ??

Repeating from the same playbook I see.

It really is sad.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
With all the misreporting going on in the media these days, I would not be surprised to find a data breach did take place with Russia contributing 2% of total foreign national donations.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The last few years UK politics has been in utter chaos. Total shambles. Number 10 and the Cabinet are like musical-chairs where even the PM's chair gets a different Tory arse on it every few weeks/months. Everybody I speak to is sick to the back teeth of it.

And as for the coming GE, pah! It's clear to me from what's happened, or rather what hasn't happened (and probably won't) with regard the Brexit referendum result, there is no point voting on anything ever again. I can see they don't want to and won't play fair if/when results don't go their way. Crystal clear.

And now this 'Russia' thing is thrown into the bubbling cauldron. A proverbial 'Mentos' dropped into a bottle of already shaken-up Coke. I saw the headline on MSM sites this morning and was instantly irritated so didn't read any of the article, I just rolled my eyes and scrolled past it. I refuse to waste my eyesight on it and I refuse to look where the MSM wants/tells me to look.

I mean, Russia? Really? Again?

Same schitt served on a different plate. Eat up.

No ta. Already had a bellyful.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I highly doubt that ANY political party in the UK would refuse money from the Russians as they are all corrupt to the core.
I mean,they take money from arms dealers/saudi "royalty"/china-so why not the Russians too..

No one should be surprised when a bunch of kleptocratic,orwellian surveillance loving,gravy train 1%er mother#ers are found to be taking bribes/donations from anyone willing to give them.

Sorry if i sound pissed off-its because I am

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

"Benefit" of the internet. All these related parties pass around their ideas between countries. They think they're being clever by "not re-inventing the wheel" but the bald truth is that a lot these approaches are culturally tuned and fall flat in other countries.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

It is kind of hysterical. If the communists don't win the election... blame the interfering communists!

They never really think these things thru before running to the press!

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Exactly mate.
We are constantly told technology is for the benefit of us all.
Aside from advances in medicine,this is a bad joke-technology is for the benefit of those who wish to have total control over every aspect of our lives.

Just wait until they force us to do online voting(which all UK parties are pushing for).
Wave goodbye to the last shreds of even the pretence of democracy when that happens.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Russian interference in U.K. politics

again with this crap ??

It really is sad.

We know that British intel has been investigating Russian interference in the UK, never mind that they also reported to the US on Russian interference there...Just because some don't like the idea, that does not make it untrue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join