It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New San Francisco DA...we wont charge for soliciting sex...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Solicitation of sex shouldn't be illegal in the first place. Why is it the government's business what two consenting adults do? Plus, by legalizing and regulating the industry you'll get rid of the seedier elements and provide a safer environment for the workers.

Wouldn't legalizing and regulating that still put the government in people's "bedrooms"?

Since regulation means oversight..

I think you have to regulate it to the degree you require testing / check ups and make pimping illegal, age verification, etc. My understanding is that in Nevada where it is legal, the girls get tested weekly. They are independent contractors at the brothel (paid 1099s).

Beyond the above, I don't think government should be involved. However, I know the reality is they'd create all kinds of rules and regulations. It would be very difficult for someone to open a brothel or they'd rig it so that the "friends and family"of the politicians just happen to get in and invest/open a brothels.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
get out of people sexual business, such a hacky partisan thoughtless post among a sea of post just like yours

not a smart cookie this OP

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Regulate it too much and the price for "legitmate sex" becomes such that some johns won't be able to afford it and some would be prostitutes won't be able to pass muster.

Then you have the same problems you always have - the same ones that are why you outlaw it now. And because there are and will be legal sex workers then, you'll still outlaw them and it will still be criminalized. Just like selling cigarettes is a black market business in New York thanks to overly high tobacco taxes.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Solicitation of sex has always been legal, just record it and it’s art.

Or just buy dinner and a movie. Some are cheaper than others.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you think that sometimes in life there are situations for which there are no easy solutions?

Sex is one of those categories which creates problems nobody can solve

The trafficking, sex slavery, underage girls and boys - the abuse, the doping - all of it. It's impossible to accept or tolerate. I know that I can't

I also know that it's going to happen with or without my approval. I would rather that it not happen under the radar.

I understand what you're saying. But this isn't Afghanistan and we won't tolerate a Taliban. Consenting adults have different opinions about all of this (seriously - consenting adults, not children or slaves)

Prohibition creates more problems than it solves. Our prisons are full of people who aren't moral the way the law would like them to be

But, morality is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think you will agree with me, but nonetheless - prostitution shouldn't be a crime

Trafficking in humans, children - abuse - those are crimes. Why not just focus on those?

edit on 11/12/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Aren't the promise keepers christian men who are trying to remain "pure" in the eyes of "god"

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: FredT

Aren't the promise keepers christian men who are trying to remain "pure" in the eyes of "god"

They would some 45000 strong and confess their sins publicly then go forth and sin some more

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It does create those problems doesn't it which is why it's so funny that there is such a push on to over-sexualize everything and everyone from the time you can barely toddle out of your crib.

But then creating problems is how politicians make jobs for themselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Solicitation of sex has always been legal, just record it and it’s art.

Or just buy dinner and a movie. Some are cheaper than others.

Box of chocolates or a thin line of snow could also possibly get the you there.
I always refer to valentines day as international prostitution day.
It’s smashing!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Your spot on ! Thanks for the thread ! If I had a mother like Nancy she would be in a home with a dish of buttermints next to her state spoon collection ! Oh did I forget the trangender Hummel kids ? Oops how brutish of me ! Well back to work ! Taxes dont pay themselves !

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't disagree with leaving the government nose out of people's business... but not prosecuting crime is different than regulating an industry... nothing is safer in fact further from it... a reply to: Xcalibur254

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

So you have to pick up your dogs poop but not your own in this city. But there's a new question now: Do you have to pick up your prostitute's poop?
edit on 14-11-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Bloodworth

So you have to pick up your dogs poop but not your own in this city. But there's a new question now: Do you have to pick up your prostitute's poop?

What a parody...imagine a person getting a ticket because their dog poops on the sidewalk.

Then across the street you have a man doing the same.

Now that I think about it i see those fines for dog poop all around and hey have been around forever.

Something very wrong with the whole thing

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join