It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New San Francisco DA...we wont charge for soliciting sex...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
dailycaller.com...

Interesting article on San Francisco's new DA....

He is the son of the leaders of a radical home grown terror group called the weather underground?

His parents were resonible for the murder of 2 police officers and a security guard.

He vows for criminal justice reform, but also vows to continue in the non prosecuting of crimes such and public urination or the soliciting of sex.

Personally I believe its unacceptable to defecate in public and should be punished.

As for the soliciting of sex? I don't even know how that falls into the same category.

But liberals see it like this....in 2017 there were 4000 women arrested for soliciting sex.

Now in 2019 they can report a sharp decline in the soliciting of sex ..and when people see these positive results, they think its good policy.

But what they dont know is, just because you stop arresting them, yes it will lower the numbers, but it does nothing for the society.

Thoughts?

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Solicitation of sex shouldn't be illegal in the first place. Why is it the government's business what two consenting adults do? Plus, by legalizing and regulating the industry you'll get rid of the seedier elements and provide a safer environment for the workers.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Solicitation of sex shouldn't be illegal in the first place. Why is it the government's business what two consenting adults do? Plus, by legalizing and regulating the industry you'll get rid of the seedier elements and provide a safer environment for the workers.

I concur.

Government should not legislate what they perceive as morality.
edit on 11122019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

... but don’t miss a chance to further the narrative that CA is home to terrorists and criminals eh?

Like most things if you don’t want to pay for sex or be paid for it ... don’t.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Agreed, whether it’s free or pay for play, the government has no business in the bedroom of consenting adults.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Solicitation of sex has always been legal, just record it and it’s art.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I like how your thread title implies the DA office itself won't charge for any sex the office solicits.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

As for the soliciting of sex? I don't even know how that falls into the same category.

But liberals see it like this....in 2017 there were 4000 women arrested for soliciting sex.

Now in 2019 they can report a sharp decline in the soliciting of sex ..and when people see these positive results, they think its good policy.

Lol!!! Why is there any need for solicitation ....... as it seems from what

I hear theres *Tinder*?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

is that what going on here? By turning a blind eye to prostitution you think that will clean up the industry? LOL, you are a special one.

Population control. STD's, then plague. Well played San Fran. Do your part to bring down those numbers.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
No matter what business it is there needs to be rules. Prostitution shouldn't be illegal but it should be regulated.

It shouldn't be the DA making this decision. If the state wants to legalize it then do it by law. Doing it like this is simply inviting more problems.

And really defecating in public. That is just nasty. If they are not even upholding the basic rules of civilized society then what is the point of even having laws.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
There is absolutely no reason for prostitution to be illegal in the first place. Much like drugs, it's a personal choice in which both parties understand the risks. Prohibition only creates a black market, whit creates crime, trafficking, etc...

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Did I say that's what's going on here? I clearly said that it needs to be legalized and regulated.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I see what he is doing by allowing and encouraging going to the bathroom on the streets. It's genius , he wants to address the housing issue in San Fran and lower property values.

People wlll shortly be getting out of that sh1thole and property values will diminish while inventory increases. That or the zombie apocalypse starts.

edit on 471130America/ChicagoTue, 12 Nov 2019 06:47:46 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
SF just became Cali's official toilet!!

Will never visit again it would ruin my wonderful memories of the past more civilized time.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Of course urinating in public should be a criminal offence, if not on moral grounds then simply for hygienic reasons.

As for soliciting for sex?
Legalise regulated prostitution in licenced premises then it will massively reduce numbers of people soliciting for sex in public.

It also has numerous other benefits.

Prohibition of anything very rarely works.....prostitution and drugs are two classic examples.

It's never ceases to amaze me how 'society' forges peoples opinions on these two subjects.
Any reasoned discussion on how current drug policies DO NOT WORK or how they are anachronistic leftovers of more restrictive and even dictatorial times is strictly verboten.....even on a relatively 'free thinking' platform like ATS.

And I find it quite bizarre that many of those who oppose any relaxation of current restrictive legislation are self-proclaimed 'libertarians'.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I see what he is doing by allowing and encouraging going to the bathroom on the streets. It's genius , he wants to address the housing issue in San Fran and lower property values.

People wlll shortly be getting out of that sh1thole and property values will diminish while inventory increases. That or the zombie apocalypse starts.

More and more is coming out on this guy....he worked for hugo Chavez, one of his reforms is to no longer add charges for being a member of a gang.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That's now how laws are supposed to work. It's not the job of whomever is in charge to pick and choose what laws to follow. This is not a legal trend and should not be allowed to continue.

Get the laws in your state changed legally. And follow the laws.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Yes and no.

It's a public health issue just like charging people for crapping on the streets is.

In the Old World cities for many years, stuff like crap on the streets and no real infrastructure enabled the incubation of diseases and plagues that ensured the death of the Natives when the New World was reached. We're intentionally recreating those same conditions in many of our cities with this permissive attitude toward behaviors that promote disease all over again.

So while the Natives had no America Pox for the Europeans to take home with them, we're well on our way to working on a version in our major cities right now.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Prostitution should be legal and regulated. Total waste of public resources to prevent two willing adults from engaging in consensual sex for money.

Legalizing would also significantly reduce the market for crackheads turning tricks as it would dry up customer supply who can then get willing and relatively affordable women with all their teeth.

Allowing public urination and dumps is not going to help clean up San franfeces. They should be prosecuting these folks to the fullest extent of the law to get them off the streets.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You did not read the post. Never said turn a blind eye.

The post says to legalize and regulate. When you regulate and mandate medical screenings for STD's then the STD rate goes down. This has happened in the past and it's been documented that STD rates do go down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join