It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First thread! Questions about stars and flags...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Wut? no wonder you don't have any dang stars,answers like that not many morea reply to: entermemo

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
They are all about pumping up someones ego. The more they get, the more they post to get more. I was guilty of this back before this reincarnation.

Just post good, quality stuff. Don't go for the general chit chat to get them , if that is what you want. Alot of star and flag whores around here.

Most of them posted on here. LOL !

That's me !!

I still do it. it's the only way I can live with myself.

lol

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I guess I am weird in that almost everyone in a thread I post will get a star just for their effort. I even go through other people's threads and star people I agree with for their intelligent comments.

Flags are a sign of appreciation to me for posting something I was unaware of..

There are Ops on this site that never star anyone...if you will look at their threads a smaller number take the time to post a reply to their threads... There is no right or wrong just how you want to manage your time here and show appreciation for others.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
my std answer is this :

thread

too

read the above threads - and tell me that flags // stars are of any use ?

the certainly do NOT indicate quality veracity or merit

but hey - some people like them

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlecHolland
So.....Do stars serve a purpose other than saying you "like" something? Can you go somewhere to see what posts got starred, how many, and by whom? What determines what thread goes to the hot page, or home page? Is it a certain number of flags? If so, how many? If that's how flags work they seem important to get your thread out there to be seen by more eyes and discussed more. Are the stars meant for something similar or just to boost self esteem or make a user feel good watching them add up? Lol....might seem silly, but I wanna make sure I understand.

Don't worry about it. If you're here for stars, flags n "likes"...you're here for the wrong reason. Means zip...
All your questions about everything here links, pics, quote credit etc etc...can be found in the BOARD Forum/older threads

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Guys thank you for the responses! Ive lurked around these parts for years, just recently decided to join and participate. So far Im glad I did.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

😅😂🤣

🌟

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Stars create a feedback loop for devising what other members actually "like". I would rather make people happy, than blather about my own issues in an inappropriate style.

I think often stars are awarded on the basis of members actually liking the subject instead of the content of the post. I try to consider how interesting a post is, also the relevancy, and mostly the style of delivery itself. That being said, I only deserve about half of the stars I receive.

It's kind of weird when long time members with tons of stars haven't earned any flags by starting threads. My account was deficient in multiple ways before I decided to tighten-up my posting. When I visit other forums that don't have feedback, it seems lame to have little idea if your effort went to waste. I know I post solid info, like tech on car forums, but it's kinid of lost in the wind unless someone answers me specifically.

So, imo stars are an important part of this forum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join