It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Jr. leaves stage after boos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

There's a republican student group in UCLA, and have been known to stir the pot many times.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: dfnj2015

You'll believe anything if it supports your bias, huh?

Or disbelieve anything if it doesn't support your bias (see replies above)

This game is two sides of the coin that can only be seen if you don't care which side it ends up on. If it's CNN, its wrong. If it's Fox, it's right (right wing reader). If it's CNN, it's right. If it's Fox, it's wrong (left wing reader).

Trump was touring for his book “Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us” when he was silenced by conservatives.
www.gq.com...

At a campus visit to promote his book about how conservatives are silenced by the Left, the conservative was silenced by far-right podcast fans.
www.vice.com...

Donald Trump Jr. and girlfriend/Trump campaign senior adviser Kimberly Guilfoyle were at the University of California at Los Angeles on Sunday, ready and probably hoping for liberal protesters to join them at the promotional event for Trump Jr.’s new book, Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us, per The Washington Post. They got dissenters alright, but just not the kind they expected.

The couple were being drowned out by protestors who fell under the same party as them: a number of conservatives in MAGA gear were shouting at Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle for 20 minutes after they found out the question-and-answer session had been canceled. The event was moderated by Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk, The Guardian reports.
www.pastemagazine.com...

Maybe the MAGA gear threw bias CNN off. I could keep going because the search results are endless. Perfect example of how this works: You see something negative Trump related, you see the source was CNN given, you automaticly say it wasn't true and get more stars than the OP. The OP doesn't care about stars, if he did, he wouldn't have posted something that happened with Trump Jr. that wasn't good. You perceive bias in the OP because, why would someone have the intent to post such material? He becomes the oppositon in your bias hyper vigilance.

Ignorance unpopularly denied. You can save your stars, I know how this works. If I wanted them, I wouldn't have looked into it and posted truth, instead I'd just defend Trump Jr or make a joke about CNN. Throw Clinton in for good measure.
edit on 11-11-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

There's a republican student group in UCLA, and have been known to stir the pot many times.

Oh, it's just them. They're a fringe group and extremists, don't matter anyways. They might as well be wearing Yes We Can blue hats and all they did was make themselves look bad. California conservatives are more liberal than some liberals are.

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

are they never trumpers?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Is Smollett pimpin out people in MAGA hats again ...

edit on 11-11-2019 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is why they booed him....

A group in attendance who has been critical of Turning Point USA became furious when it was announced about 20 minutes into the event that Trump would not be taking their questions, furiously chanting “Q and A! Q and A!” and “America First!” They reportedly wanted to ask about “Christianity and immigration,” and felt that the Trump administration’s draconian border policy wasn’t harsh enough.

Source

Yawn

Draconian border policy? That doesn’t sound like something someone would say if they were supporting it.
Who are these “extreme right wingers”? How do you prove that other than to tell a reporter you are?

edit on 11-11-2019 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Hence why it was called a 'far right booing'.

It's not really a yawn, it's actually rather alarming to be honest. This is exactly what far left students do to even moderately right leaning speakers. The polar opposites are either being focused on or gaining steam.
These people heckling Trump Jr, wanted blood, wanted to put him in his place. And he wasn't going to give them any wiggle room.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I said save your stars! Why I get so many? I was having a rebellious soapbox moment. There must be liberal lurkers in this forum.. jk 😊

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The article said " they wanted to ask about “Christianity and immigration,” and felt that the Trump administration’s draconian border policy wasn’t harsh enough." Where does it imply they wanted blood and to put him in his place? It doesn't, only the headline and innuendo does.

He was there about his book, those questions are for his father, what do you expect him to do? These people never intended to listen to him about his book so why hang around?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Because he's directly affiliated with Trump.

It's called zealously. Fanatic loyal supporters of Donald Trump expect his son to be the same.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi
Donald Trump Jr walks out of Triggered book launch after heckling – from supporters

Don Jr. Can’t Stop Getting Booed

Donald Trump Jr. Booed Off Stage During Book Tour By…Angry Trump Supporters

Trump Jr. Walks Out Of Event Promoting His Book After He’s Heckled, Booed By Conservative Audience

Trump Jr booed off stage by supporters of his father amid apparent split in US far right

This really happened. Don Jr got booed off stage by an alt-right crowd who felt he wasn't far enough right for them. Talk about radicalization.

When Trump isn't Trump enough.

Despite the entire premise of Jr.’s book being about liberals shutting down free speech, it was the extremely excitable far-right attendees who ended up drowning him out. A group in attendance who has been critical of Turning Point USA became furious when it was announced about 20 minutes into the event that Trump would not be taking their questions, furiously chanting “Q and A! Q and A!” and “America First!” They reportedly wanted to ask about “Christianity and immigration,” and felt that the Trump administration’s draconian border policy wasn’t harsh enough.

Got any mainstream publishers that did not take their "news" from CNN ?
And , got to love when folks use UK websites to link to for US news
The Guardian and The Independent.

Dig deeper .
Perhaps you will find some originality somewhere
Or not.

edit on 11/11/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

Hey! Thanks for the link-work here! Welcome to ATS!

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This was real and it happened. It has to do with the feud between the Groypers and Turning Point USA. This feud has also led to some Turning Point USA college chapters disbanding.

Funny responses though. Deny, deny, deny. It is almost like both sides have been brainwashed.

For those that don't know. Groyper is a term that has to do with Pepe the Frog. It is a term that some of the younger members of the alt-right have started to use to label themselves. It is basically an alt-right faction that has spawned from the chans. Turning Point USA is a more mainstream conservative youth movement. Or at least trying to be. Which is what caused all this.

The Groypers believe that anything that is not ultra ultra conservative, as in a Christian isolationist ethno state, is not conservative at all and should be shut down with the same anti-freespeech tactics the extreme left uses. It is the right starting to play identity politics.

This all came to a head when Turning Point USA had black gay conservative Rob Smith as a guest speaker. The event did not go as planned.

LINK

This has started to cause a split on the Right. It started online and has now come into real life. Turning Point USA sponsored this QA with Trump JR. Groypers were the hecklers booing.

I wonder what happens when adults can't be civil while discussing politics. When every response is the dehumanization of the "other" side. When everything is about trolling and the lulz. All the while, the children are watching and learning.

This has been going on for awhile. Children become adults. I wonder if Dr. Frankenstein had these type of thoughts.

edit on 12-11-2019 by karmicecstasy because: These are interesting times

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Oh oh oh Clinton news network yadabadahooo.... are these threads generated by an algorithm.

AI it;s finest. Trumping around. Gotta love or hate that Goldstein. Looking up and out of the abyss. A light high above them , spiritual enlightment.

Messages from the the political mudpool that love every thing that's above the top , of the top , of the top of the head it come.

Of with the head , alice in wonderland , hell no Not wonderland. Well maybe wonderland , if it's called the units of america. Little npc's talking head and then CNN again. Her name was alice , and she ran for office. Cute guys love her. Now go find her e !

So what does it mean ? absolutely nothing ! and that's what I want to share , my 2 cents. 4 years of left right left. A dog and pony show without end. Furthermore nothing Above Top... frozen beetles.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Noted....with the exception of your assumptions about my intent. A little bias of your own?

Generally speaking, I guess that's just what happens when for years we've seen one story after another materialize into something completely different. The media is a joke. And whether one is left or right leaning, that should concern everyone.

Not every citizen has the time to research or run to ground everything they read. It used to be that the media for the most part could be broadly trusted. In my view that is no longer true. It's why we are less free than has ever been true before in my lifetime. We are all being manipulated.

I will make this final observation about the incident itself. Story after story ir comment I've read creates heavily the impression that 'conservatives' are losing their support for Trump or that conservatives are so crazy they are even further right than he is. Neither is true.
edit on 12-11-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join