It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's next lefties?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

I have seen posts from people saying if Trump is impeached they would take up arms.

If Trump is impeached in the house, the Senate will shut it down. So this is a mute point. Now the question what will the left do when they loose the house and Trump is reelected?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Judging from the last few years they will be just as ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: vonclod

I'm not trying to ditch this conversation, but I have to go to work. Later I might try and find the examples.

I said that I do agree, some of the left have taken it too far..I just think at this point, if the tables were turned, it would be the same.

That's fair. Regardless of your beliefs...I respect your right to your opinion and your right to say what you want, whether I agree with it or not.

Appreciated, and I return the same respect to you

The post that was made in this thread I referred, to was removed by the mods.

Some of the other simular posts have been made, in the few "civil war" threads.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

I have seen posts from people saying if Trump is impeached they would take up arms.

If Trump is impeached in the house, the Senate will shut it down. So this is a mute point. Now the question what will the left do when they loose the house and Trump is reelected?

You mean reeeeelected surely...

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Just like the last guy who said that. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Your words are merely an expelling of breath without evidence.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BarcsI generally agree, but you are ASSUMING fabrication. If the investigation finishes and they find nothing and it turns out the whistle blower lied and the dems made it all up, then I'll agree with you, but Pelosi put off the impeachment inquiry for a long time despite being pressured to do it much sooner, because she wanted to be sure there was something that could stick and specifically did not want to risk looking bad and getting Trump re-elected. I highly doubt they have nothing.

I'm not so much assuming so much as looking at everything they are showing and evaluate it in a perponderance of the evidence kind of way. I just don't see what they do. I didn't see it with all their Russia "Evidence" either. So it really does look like a long running con against Trump to me. To me, that is THEIR Fault, if they wanted me to believe them, they should have gone about this a different way. Because I did believe some things along the way, here and there that have since been discounted and so I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I'm not a Trump can do no wrong guy. I believe he has made some bad decisions and I suspect he's done the same bad thing prior presidents all have in the name of running the country. Get him for something he's done that isn't a mirror of what other's have. I am just not a fan of an uneven justice.

and I still think Pelosi was pushed into the impeachment before she was ready, if she ever would have been and I'm opposite to you, I'm highly doubtful at this point they have anything, but I'd be interested to see if they do.

What laws did the last administration break, and why were they not held accountable? If Obama broke the law, I'd be arguing to investigate him as well. Also don't forget Trump hasn't actually been impeached yet, they are doing their preliminary investigation. It could come up empty and they might not have anything to impeach him on, but I'm at least going to wait until the investigation is done before judging. When Nixon was forced to resign they called it a witch hunt and everything else, but the Dems were right.

I'm on my phone and I can't go google anything for you, but you can read threads here, you can google and you can find all the things the previous administration did that broke laws. Clinton s a great example of lawbreaking, flounting it in public and still getting away with it. I never liked Clinton, but I did like Obama, at least in his 1st term, but it was in his 2nd term I think he went off the rails for the most part.

The problem is, they are being partisan and this isn't a fair investigation. It really has looked like a witch hunt to me. It really does look like they have been out to ge thim from the moment he was elected and they've made no secret of it. Actions speak louder than words and their constant accusations and "found evidence of wrong doing" from the get-go has made them lose credability to me. Nixon was apples to organges compared to what is going on here and his involved was much more in the "caught with your hand in the cookie jar" then we have yet seen.

Yeah, both sides do it, not just Dems, not just Repubs. Partisanship is one of the biggest problems we currently face as a nation. Both parties are super polarizing. The last 2 presidents were attacked nonstop by the opposing parties. Don't forget Trump was one of the biggest advocates of that whole nonsensical birth certificate witch hunt, so maybe karma is coming back around.

Yeah, we do agree with that - both sides do it and it's a big problem in our nation today. And oh, I know, Trump IS reaping what he sowed when he kept opening is big mouth over Obama. Trash talk is a part of politicians and hollywood and I don't think it's healthy for them or us. Our leaders are supposed to be a step above us, lead by example. We know they are people and fallable, but they are suppoed to try harder. They haven't for a long time and I think Trump is a bit of a symptom of that.

A large amount of democrats are basically moderate Republicans now. Even Obama & Bill Clinton leaned a little right fiscally based on their policies. Bush / Trump were both very far right and very authoritarian. If you look them up on the political compass, you'll see that they are barely left and how the spectrum has been shifting to the authoritarian right since Reagan. The actual people who are on the left are Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Jill Stein etc. Repubs aren't pandering to moderates they are sticking with their base, while Dems have failed to do that. When they ignored the will of the people and made Clinton the nominee last election instead of Bernie, it bit them in the ass and got Trump elected because they didn't vote in protest. I just hope they don't make the same mistake this year, although it seems like they fixed that problem with super delegates, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not a fan of either of these groups that lean towards the far edges of their political beliefs. I'm not a fan of Republicans pushing for an end to abortions, I'm not a fan of Democrats trying to disarm us of free speech and guns. I like the group that is more moderate in the center, no matte which side they are on, but to me it seems like the Republicans are being better about than than the Democrats are. You illustrate it pretty well in your answer though how things shift over administrations and time...I'm just hoping we can find more modeate shifts betwen the two, vs wide ones. It's not good for either side to be in power too long.

I couldn't agree more with this. Both parties need to move past championing all the divisive polarizing issues and work together for a better tomorrow. This is why I hate the 2 party system, they are extreme opposites and as a result barely accomplish anything. IMO they should have 4 parties instead of 2 mega parties that are mostly corporate funded. I'm tired of voting lesser of 2 evils every election.

I'm with you on this, I'm not a fan of the 2 party system either. It was workable when there were more modeates in the center but as that spreads out, it shows the fractures in the system. I agree, I think 4 parties insead of 2 mega parties would have a much better chance of respresenting the people instead of corporate, hollywood, special interests, etc.

And you and me both, I'd much rather be able to vote for a candidate I believed in.
edit on 15-11-2019 by Thanatos0042 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If the republican controlled senate refuses to impeach IF evidence shows he's guilty, they will look very bad and you can guarantee the republicans lose both the house, the senate and the presidency, because the American people might be dumb but not that dumb, where they will look past criminal actions by our president.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

If the republican controlled senate refuses to impeach IF evidence shows he's guilty, they will look very bad and you can guarantee the republicans lose both the house, the senate and the presidency, because the American people might be dumb but not that dumb, where they will look past criminal actions by our president.

So you think the left is holding on to some aces and hasn't released the real reason for impeachment yet? Because if that isn't the case, then how people feel about third hand information, might not be the silver bullet you seem to think it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So you think the left is holding on to some aces and hasn't released the real reason for impeachment yet? Because if that isn't the case, then how people feel about third hand information, might not be the silver bullet you seem to think it is.

I'm not claiming that. I'm saying that IF it is legit and senate ignores it over party lines, then it will be a very bad optic for them. You are the one assuming it's got no substance while the investigation is still going. You can't imagine your godlike savior of Trump being wrong about something or doing an illegal action. It's just unthinkable to you because you are so deceived.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I'm not claiming that. I'm saying that IF it is legit and senate ignores it over party lines, then it will be a very bad optic for them. You are the one assuming it's got no substance while the investigation is still going. You can't imagine your godlike savior of Trump being wrong about something or doing an illegal action. It's just unthinkable to you because you are so deceived.

Please tell me what else I think. Damn, you must be super at mind reading and all that.

Is there a class you leftovers take to learn how to be this dense, or is it natural?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Please tell me what else I think. Damn, you must be super at mind reading and all that.

Is there a class you leftovers take to learn how to be this dense, or is it natural?

You got no substance bro, you are the equivalent of a religious zealot for conservatives and just rant. How about that testimony yesterday? Still think Trump didn't withhold aid over making a public statement? Is quid pro quo not illegal for a president? Or is everyone lying except Trump? LOL.

When Trump gets removed from office, what's next, righties? When the republican party is dismantled in front of our eyes, then what?

edit on 11 21 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

you really aren't worth this reply, but I'll offer anyway. I think Trump says some really dumb things and steps on his own dick more often than not. I cringe when he talks without a teleprompter. But I don't think he has evil intent, I think he believes in what and why he is doing this. He is making changes I like, so even without you telling me how much I worship him, Yea, I appreciate the job he's doing. And I thought Obama was an ass, and weak, and didn't like him much, so I get why you might not like Trump.

And being perfectly and completely honest, I'm just fine with what happened on the phone call and am not worried about the Schitt show. It was a joke and quite sad. I don't think Trump is trying to do bad things, I think he's trying to clean up some messes that have been left on his doorstep. If you think Ukraine is the bastion of honesty, you really need to rethink your spare time.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
The United States is clearly in the midst of a massive constitutional crises and an ongoing coup d'état. If we the people let it happen and do not resist, we deserve whatever we get.

edit on 24-11-2019 by Deplorable because: and your first in-thread comment deserved more stars than you got!! LOL

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Oh. A meme.

How cute.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Oh. A meme.

How cute.

Yep. I love the Mud-Pit. Suck it.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Suck what?
(I'm a man, in case you didn't know.)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Nope I don't think Ukraine is the bastion of honesty, but neither is Trump or his administration. I wasn't a big fan of Obama, and I'm even less of a fan of Trump, mostly because of his appointment of incompetent people to run government agencies like EPA, and the constant pandering to religious fundamentalist interests. I don't want Trump removed from office unless it's guaranteed that Pence is gone as well, I feel Pence is far worse. Trump is just a blowhard, who talks a strong game, and can't admit mistakes.

I'm just tired of the far right constantly bashing the left as if their position isn't just as extreme, if not worse. Obama was at least close to the center, Trump is FAR right and yet he bashed Obama as if he was far left when he wasn't even close to that. Even Obamacare, the thing he was most known for, was a republican devised plan.

edit on 11 26 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9   >>

join