It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Category 5 Cyclone to Hit Queensland Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Looks like it is starting to move up? Is it me or does the protrusion look like Florida, upside down?

Or is it right side up, trying to think Australian.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Cyclone Ingrid track and threat map

Stay safe all.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Cyclone Ingrid has been upgraded again to a category five cyclone and is expected to terrorise the Darwin area today.

www.abc.net.au...

It goes to show how unpredicable these cyclones are. This one has gone from a cat five down to a cat 2 and up to a cat five again, while travelling thousands of kilometres.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Cyclone batters NT's Croker Island

Northern Territory police have reported a large amount of damage on the remote community of Croker Island as Cyclone Ingrid continues to affect the Top End but there have been no injuries.

Police say early reports from the community 180 kilometres north-east of Darwin, indicate the roof of the school building has been blown off.

Some other buildings and several cars have been damaged and most trees uprooted.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The corporation's Bertram Birk says power lines and the power house that services Milikapiti and Pirlangimpi are damaged.

"We've got the planes all on stand-by, we just need clearances to get there, with both staff and contractors," he said.

"But we really need to do an assessment on the ground so we can clearly document what materials we need and make arrangements to get them over there."

Contact has been re-established with all remote communities in the Northern Territory's Top End.

Police were most concerned about the Milikapati community, which does not have a police presence.

The core of the cyclone passed close by, with winds reaching more than 200 kilometres per hour.

But Northern Territory police say that while the community has no power or water, it received minimal structural damage.

www.abc.net.au...

Clean-up operations are under way at the Tiwi Island community of Nguiu after Cyclone Ingrid ripped up trees and forced the closure of essential services overnight.

There have been no reports of injuries but trees have been uprooted, breaking communications and forcing the shutdown of power and water supplies.

Winds close to 200 kilometres per hour were experienced in Nguiu overnight.

Essential service coordinator Graeme Fregon says he has experienced eight years of cyclones but he has not seen anything like Ingird.

"The wind was howling, like really howling, the noise was just really, really loud, I was home ... and when I went out the back yard some time ago I found a garden shed in my yard that I didn't have yesterday," he said.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It has not stopped raining here since the cyclone was first announced. Roads are starting to flood and a man died after his car ended up in a ditch in waist deep water.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Thick cloud over the Top End and Kimberley, associated with Severe Cyclone Ingrid is generating heavy rain and storms. Cloud forming on the QLD coast in moist easterly winds is bringing showers. Cloud spreading across WA from Cyclone Willy is causing patchy rain and thunder.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by flukemol]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
news link

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Cyclone Ingrid brought down trees at Nguiu on Bathurst Island.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join