It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new dem charges: Extortion and Bribery (no more quid pro quo)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Nah.

That's what some of you believe.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Oh, and PS, I know you admire truth so much.

The Biden deal was for LOAN guarantees not "taxpayer dollars."

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe, because our constitution is not written in Latin? I mean, could that be the simple explanation?

I know you kids want your daily stars and flags but guess what... your opinion does not matter.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Wait wait wait.... You guys said there is an ongoing investigation of the Bidens because allegedly that's what Trump was asking Zelensky for ... Right ?

I don't know if there is an investigation going on...I don't believe so...If there is, it's under the radar...And Ukraine already received there money regardless of any investigation...

Trump told Zelensky (according to the transcript) if he had any information to contact the DOJ so THEY could investigate...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I don't know if you realized it but if what you are claiming is true then what Trump did is an impeachable offense.

He pushed for an investigation into a US citizen and that US citizen would be a political adversary simply because he is the former vice president on top of which had been talking about running against him. That is a political rival even if you don't want to admit it. You claim he was pursuing an investigation as a private citizen which is not legal. As the president of the united states, he is immune to prosecution from the DOJ. He can't play both sides of the fence like that. Not only that if he was pursuing a private investigation he didn't keep it private when he used the powers of his office to pressure a foreign government to make announcements on mic into his political rival.

The very thing you are describing is what the US has been trying to clean up in Ukraine. They used to always go after previous administrations using the powers of their office.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So there wasn't an investigation? Nah.

Trump wanted Zelensky to help BARR.

You know the AG?

How can you not know if there's an investigation?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I don't know if you realized it but if what you are claiming is true then what Trump did is an impeachable offense.

He pushed for an investigation into a US citizen and that US citizen would be a political adversary simply because he is the former vice president on top of which had been talking about running against him. That is a political rival even if you don't want to admit it. You claim he was pursuing an investigation as a private citizen which is not legal. As the president of the united states, he is immune to prosecution from the DOJ. He can't play both sides of the fence like that. Not only that if he was pursuing a private investigation he didn't keep it private when he used the powers of his office to pressure a foreign government to make announcements on mic into his political rival.

The very thing you are describing is what the US has been trying to clean up in Ukraine. They used to always go after previous administrations using the powers of their office.

Biden did not run in the race the last time...That means he was not a political rival...And he's not a rival until he signs his name on the dotted line...

Of course it's legal for a politician to bring a private lawsuit against someone, even if it's the president...

And of course the US has NOT been trying to clean up the corruption in Ukraine...The US has been part of the corruption, or all of it...It is Trump and their new President who are trying to clean it up...That's why Trump put a hold on the money (unknown to Ukraine) until he became confident that the money wouldn't be stolen again...

And any honest, decent American citizen should be proud how Trump is trying to protect American taxpayer's interests in Ukraine, but no, not Democrats...You guys are like the Palestinians who hate Israel more than they love their own children...You'll let the corruption slide if it will help get rid of Trump...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

So when Obama sent Iran a billion dollars not to build nukes, that wasn't extorsion or bribery.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Oh, and PS, I know you admire truth so much.

The Biden deal was for LOAN guarantees not "taxpayer dollars."

Really??? Well who paid for the 7 billion bucks that came up missing??? Here's a clue: The American taxpayers...

If Ukraine borrowed money from China and we promised to pay China if Ukraine faulted on their loan, that would be a loan guarantee...But when Ukraine gets the cash from the U.S., that is NOT a loan guarantee...And since the U.S. doesn't have any of its own money, it's the TAXPAYERS...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Bribery refers to the offering, giving, soliciting, or receiving of any item of value as a means of influencing the actions of an individual holding a public or legal duty.

The entire Never Trumps party platform.

Vote for me and we'll give you free education, or healthcare or whatever.

Virtually all extortion statutes require that a threat must be made to the person or property of the victim. Threats to harm the victim's friends or relatives may also be included. I

Sanders and Warren tax plans.

I love how never Trump pulled those two out of their rears.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

So there wasn't an investigation? Nah.

Trump wanted Zelensky to help BARR.

You know the AG?

How can you not know if there's an investigation?

Apparently you do then...so tell us, is there an investigation??? If you think there is, you have more faith in Barr than I do...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: StevenCrowley

Quid pro quo is not a crime..

Bribery and/or extortion are the crimes that one is charged with when they do an illegal quid pro quo...

Man, I sure hope this is out of your head and not some garbage conservative media spoon fed you..

I will find it hilarious if I see Sean hannity and the other trump boot kickers making this same argument..

I mean who thinks there is a law against “quid pro quo”?!?!

That would literally make all trading of goods and services a crime!!!

Man y’all put very little thought into your political beliefs lol

Yea, What moron decided to even make a big deal out of a "quid pro quo"? any idiot knows it's not illegal.

Democrats beginning public hearings next week with three key witnesses are focused on whether Mr. Trump engaged in an inappropriate quid pro quo.

www.wsj.com...

Oh wait, it was the left who started all this. Damn, that kind of makes your post look a bit silly.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Looking through A Definitive Timeline of The Trump-Ukraine Story ( Admittedly, a very thorough and concise timeline last updated now on nov 5th) I can only see where Barr became involved with regards to the 'Black Ledger' issue.

There was talk about Barr becoming involved with other investigations, but nothing concrete on whether Barr actually began to investigate or involved with any investigations regarding the Bidens nor Burisma.

Check out the link above, it is possible, I completely missed something. Far as I can see, the DOJ is not investigating the Biden's or Burisma nor have they in the past.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You guys have been crying for an investigation.

Trump asked Zelensky for help with that investigation. Are you saying it doesn't exist?

If not why not?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's a darn shame that the US can no longer give money to any foreign nation any more for anything, because it may look like bribery or extorsion.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: StevenCrowley

Quid pro quo is not a crime..

Bribery and/or extortion are the crimes that one is charged with when they do an illegal quid pro quo...

Man, I sure hope this is out of your head and not some garbage conservative media spoon fed you..

I will find it hilarious if I see Sean hannity and the other trump boot kickers making this same argument..

I mean who thinks there is a law against “quid pro quo”?!?!

That would literally make all trading of goods and services a crime!!!

Man y’all put very little thought into your political beliefs lol

Yea, What moron decided to even make a big deal out of a "quid pro quo"? any idiot knows it's not illegal.

Democrats beginning public hearings next week with three key witnesses are focused on whether Mr. Trump engaged in an inappropriate quid pro quo.

www.wsj.com...

Oh wait, it was the left who started all this. Damn, that kind of makes your post look a bit silly.

That why they are dropping the quid pro quo charge and changing it to bribery and extortion...And then obstruction of justice...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's a darn shame that the US can no longer give money to any foreign nation any more for anything, because it may look like bribery or extorsion.

Nope, don't be silly! we can still give our money away...we just cannot have any stipulations placed on it anymore!

Edit add: What is a damn shame for Democrat politicians is that they are going to have to come up with a new election platform. They can't be bribing and extorting the American voters any longer just to win elections...the free benefits for a vote will be impeachable!
edit on 11 11 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Nope, don't be silly! we can still give our money away...we just cannot have any stipulations placed on it anymore!

Ummm, so we can't even ask for nations to stop human rights abuses, or cleaning the environment contingent on getting US funds?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You guys have been crying for an investigation.

Trump asked Zelensky for help with that investigation. Are you saying it doesn't exist?

If not why not?

I was going to ask Don the status on that when I talked to him this morning but Melania kept insisting she talk to me so I didn't get the chance...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Ummm, so we can't even ask for nations to stop human rights abuses, or cleaning the environment contingent on getting US funds?

Yeah, don't think they are truly considering all the precedents they are setting, but then again, as we have seen, precedents are meaningless nowadays.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join