It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new dem charges: Extortion and Bribery (no more quid pro quo)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Quid pro quo is not a crime..

Bribery and/or extortion are the crimes that one is charged with when they do an illegal quid pro quo...

Man, I sure hope this is out of your head and not some garbage conservative media spoon fed you..

I will find it hilarious if I see Sean hannity and the other trump boot kickers making this same argument..

I mean who thinks there is a law against “quid pro quo”?!?!

That would literally make all trading of goods and services a crime!!!

Man y’all put very little thought into your political beliefs lol

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because receiving millions of dollars for doing nothing and going along with is totally above board.

You’re against people earning money?

What are you, a communist?

Hunter Biden was paid a salary for his participation on the BOD of Burisma. The matter was vetted through appropriate channels by the State Department, so it’s not like it was an unknown or hidden fact.

You don’t like it? Gosh.

What you don’t like isn’t illegal.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Sort of like President Trump investigating corruption involving the 0bama Administration and Ukraine isn't illegal because you don't like it?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Thing is...is it bribery or extortion when conducting foreign policy? Have we not withheld funds before? Yes...yes we have.

a reply to: shawmanfromny

Remember the BRIBERY staute is SPECIFICALLY targeted toward US government officials and US citizens. OP posted its Scope Above. If we applied this to OTHER Governments We would have to stop using Sanctions,or aid money or making deals.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

the State department is corrupt though itself so......

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Conservatives know that if you don't provide something to someone to offer as a bribe, there is no bribery...Apparently Democrats ain't quite that smart and can't figure it out for themselves but will believe anything their lying politicians and news media tells them...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If the entire impeachment was based on Trump pushing to investigate Burisma then I would say it is total BS and the Dems are crazy.

If it was also shown that he withheld congressionally approved funds to pressure Ukraine to investigate then I would be a little concerned but not by much.

If it was shown that the Trump administration didn't notify Congress of holding funds with a good reason I would be even more concerned.

If it was shown that the Trump administration also wanted Zalenski to publicly announce there was an investigation into Burisma I would be questioning the motives of the Trump administration.

If it was shown the Trump administration was insistent that Zelenski publicly go on microphone and say ‘investigations, Biden, and Clinton’ then I would be pretty sure that Trump was abusing the power of his office for political gain.

At the very least all those things would need to be substantiated for me to think he was deserving of impeachment.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

The military funding was the bribe..

Bribe= military funding

Payout= announcing a fake investigation into Biden..

This is not rocket science.

The OP is super silly, pretending like there is a law called “quid pro quo” you can break.. lol

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Because receiving millions of dollars for doing nothing and going along with is totally above board.

You’re against people earning money?

What are you, a communist?

Hunter Biden was paid a salary for his participation on the BOD of Burisma. The matter was vetted through appropriate channels by the State Department, so it’s not like it was an unknown or hidden fact.

You don’t like it? Gosh.

What you don’t like isn’t illegal.

It is illegal if it involves kickbacks to the Biden family for allowing the gift of millions in American taxpayer's dollars provided by Obama and Biden...Ukraine has a new President who wants to root out embedded corruption and since Biden and their own corrupt regime squashed an investigation into that very thing, a new investigation is certainly legitimate...

It's really sad that Democrats will try to protect potential criminals as long as it helps get rid of Trump, or any Republican politician...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I read somewhere there was an investigation reopened into Burisma after all the Obama administration in 2018 but it couldn't substantiate anything.

So what's the narrative if the investigation that happened during the Trump admin found nothing?
edit on 11-11-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: StevenCrowley

The military funding was the bribe..

Bribe= military funding

Payout= announcing a fake investigation into Biden..

This is not rocket science.

The OP is super silly, pretending like there is a law called “quid pro quo” you can break.. lol

You don't know what you're talking about...Unlike Biden, President Trump never said, 'I will give you cash IF you give me something'...So your entire premise is a lie...

But beyond that, asking or requiring something in trade for cash is SOP for all politicians, and it is not illegal...Lobbyists do it, Presidents do it...Employers do it...

Someone gives you cash, they want something in return...Perfectly legitimate...And in the case of Ukraine, they were never put in that position by Trump as far as THEY knew...And they ultimately were given the money without anything in return...
So even tho quid pro quo is not illegal, it never even happened...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Update on FISA-Abuse report. From Sara Carter. Impeachment push will be severely damaged.

saraacarter.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Update on FISA-Abuse report. From Sara Carter. Impeachment push will be severely damaged.

saraacarter.com...

"According to sources ..."

AKA Fake News.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

There has not been an investigation...into the Bidens...It has to be done by the DOJ...That's why the Republicans want to have the Bidens as witnesses at the fake impeachment investigation...But Shiff won't allow it...

There's billions of dollars missing that went from Obama/Biden to Ukraine...There's talk of a lot of that money being kicked back to some American Congress critters (how else do they get their millions)...So Biden got rid of the Ukrainian attorney general who was investigating all that corruption, and then bragged about it at the Council on Foreign Relations...

Trump wanted to find out if the reports of corruption between the Ukraine gov't and the Obama administration were true before he sent Ukraine additional American money to be squandered among the crooks...The fact that the Biden family is tied into that has nothing to do with Biden's aspirations to become President...In fact, this issue started before Biden announced he was going to run for President...So there's that...

The other issue the Democrats are trying to link to their phony impeachment scheme is the investigation of Crowdstrike...The now proven fake Dossier...Supposedly the Gov't is investigating this but since Trump, as a private citizen is carrying on his own investigation with his own private attorney at his expense believes he was harmed as a private citizen...Perfectly legitimate...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

I haven't said it's illegal.

Have I?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Everything but Trump is corrupt according to you guys so....

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

They haven't updated their spiel yet.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: yuppa

Everything but Trump is corrupt according to you guys so....

And why do we say that??? Because that's what the evidence shows...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Wait wait wait.... You guys said there is an ongoing investigation of the Bidens because allegedly that's what Trump was asking Zelensky for ... Right ?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Exactly. The way I am reading it...Obama could have been impeached for withholding 800 mil in aid funds from Pakistan....if of course..a Bush operative had been privvy to that presidential conversation.

a reply to: yuppa

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join