It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new dem charges: Extortion and Bribery (no more quid pro quo)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Abuse of authority, that's what this is about. As far as i understand, the American Constitution is unclear here. But he is undermining it. And that alone is alarming. Trump is not a leader, he is not a role model, he is just a man hungry for power, for whom all this is just a game to win. And he is a crook who surrounds himself with crooks. A few Christian radicals also get involved. A gang of hypocrites. Trump is a racist, like many others (probably every person is sometimes racist). But if you are rich and powerful, he doesn't care about your skin color. How can someone fall for one like that?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

...I posted the statute... I'm sorry to burst your bubble. It is neither bribery nor extortion. As unequivocally proven in the op. Also, seems the house is aware of this as they're not considering either crime for impeachment. They're trying for abuse of power (LMAO), Obstruction of justice (Another hefty reach), and obstruction of congress (for trying to defend himself, LMAO).

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

Abuse of authority, that's what this is about. As far as i understand, the American Constitution is unclear here. But he is undermining it. And that alone is alarming. Trump is not a leader, he is not a role model, he is just a man hungry for power, for whom all this is just a game to win. And he is a crook who surrounds himself with crooks. A few Christian radicals also get involved. A gang of hypocrites. Trump is a racist, like many others (probably every person is sometimes racist). But if you are rich and powerful, he doesn't care about your skin color. How can someone fall for one like that?

Trump has certainly abused his powers of office, but not in regard to Ukraine.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Of course, there is no such abuse. There is plenty of evidence to think there should be an investigation. Rudy has it. Barr has it. It's going to be hilarious to watch them double-tap biden while thinking it's trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: oloufo

Of course, there is no such abuse. There is plenty of evidence to think there should be an investigation. Rudy has it. Barr has it. It's going to be hilarious to watch them double-tap biden while thinking it's trump.

Plenty of evidence against the Bidens?

What is it? What’s the crime? What’s the evidence?
edit on 11-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Corruption. Biden being given a 50k/month board job in a country where the average income is $200/month. In an industry he had no experience in. In a country he had no experience in. A month after his dad got put in charge of ukraine's affairs w/the US. Hell, john kerry's son stopped doing business with hunter and devon because it was so shady.

Maybe there's not enough for a conviction, but without an investigation we won't know. There's enough for an investigation.
edit on 11-11-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Corruption.

LOL ... you mean like Sauron in the Lord of the Rings? Cthulhu? Zombies?

What’s the reference from US Code you want investigated?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

18 U.S. Code § 1961
edit on 11-11-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
wondered when they would change the language, just further under cutting their incompetency.

No honest guys we didnt mean that we meant this... really this time 3 years later we got it right.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'm sorry but the definition of bribery does not say it has to be a US government official.
Please stop treating us like we are stupid.
The Ukrainian PRESIDENT...is a member of government.
This is bribery and extortion. I have been saying it all along.
Nice to see MSM catching up with me.

Ok! How come Joe is not being charged with multiple crimes by the DNC?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

18 U.S. Code § 1961

Racketeering? LOL

Okay. Aside from the obvious comment that you should start with Donald J. Trump on that one, what specifically?

Let’s take a look at the first article:

(1) “racketeering activity” means (A) any act or threat involving murder, kidnapping, gambling, arson, robbery, bribery, extortion, dealing in obscene matter, or dealing in a controlled substance or listed chemical (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act), which is chargeable under State law and punishable by imprisonment for more than one year;

18 USC § 1961

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
We haven't had a chance to listen to Joe Biden's conversation with the Ukrainian officials yet. Maybe we need to see that transcript before we just say that everything was perfectly legal.
For all we know, he may have threatened to bomb them.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Extortion and Bribery is a non starter just like 'quid pro quo' or campaign violations.
The dems are going for abuse of power.
For it to be abuse of power, Trump would have had to have zero reason for wanting Biden investigated. THAT is what the Dems will have to prove and they are not doing a good job of that considering they are refusing to have the Bidens testify.
They don;t even want to discuss the reasons for the request to investigate, but they will have to at some point.
The President just needs to make it clear that he has the constitutional power to order investigations and highlight the reasons why he did. At that point it's game over for the Dems.

edit on 11/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Quid Pro Joe and his son Kid Pro Quo need to pay for what Beijing Biden did during his time in office.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Okay, something has been bothering me for a while now, and you guys seem to be subject matter experts so maybe you can help me out.

In the phone call, Trump asked Zelensky for help investigating two of the President's favorite conspiracy theories ... So that strongly suggests that there is a legitimate DOJ investigation currently underway right?

Why do you guys keep suggesting that the Dems are trying to ignore that, block it, deny it, etc.

It's ongoing right? According to a poster above for ... ahem ... Racketeering.

So you guys are all good right? Why all the crying?
edit on 11-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Quid Pro Joe and his son Kid Pro Quo need to pay for what Beijing Biden did during his time in office.

Hunter needs to pay for the sins of the father ?

My goodness, how Old Testament of you.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Because receiving millions of dollars for doing nothing and going along with is totally above board.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Okay, something has been bothering me for a while now, and you guys seem to be subject matter experts so maybe you can help me out.

In the phone call, Trump asked Zelensky for help investigating two of the President's favorite conspiracy theories ... So that strongly suggests that there is a legitimate DOJ investigation currently underway right?

Why do you guys keep suggesting that the Dems are trying to ignore that, block it, deny it, etc.

It's ongoing right? According to a poster above for ... ahem ... Racketeering.

So you guys are all good right? Why all the crying?

Don't think there is any crying - just a recognition that the Democrats are trying to block any link between their impeachment effort and what the Bidens were actually doing. I would have thought that getting to the bottom of that would be important in determining whether Trump abused his constitutional power.

Yes, the DoJ is actively investigating the origins of the Russian collusion scam and that includes the Ukraine. Why are Dems, trying to actually remove a sitting President, not actually interested in the circumstances that led to the request to the Ukraine?

edit on 11/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Let's be honest, the Dems know they don't have a solid case otherwise they would have a clue as to why they are actually impeaching. You don't change your main charge mere days after starting the Impeachment push if you really had a solid case.

The Left as we have seen, will stoop to any means to try and remove Trump.

......meanwhile Trump and the Senate keep confirming more and more Judges.

By the time November 2020 rolls around, the DNC will be shell of it's former self.

They chose to go down this path, they will pay the price for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Really no crying?

I see it in every in discussion about impeachment.

So, DOJ *is* investigating Biden? Good to know.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join