It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military checkpoints in Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You may have heard the news recently about an Italian Intelligence officer getting shot while driving to a US checkpoint in Iraq. The officer was saving an Italian journalist that was being held by insugents.

Not that I agree with negotiating with terrorists, but to each his own.

The early reports are that the officer was driving erratically towards the check point. A checkpoint I may add that has been the target of more than one car bomb.

Do you think the US was justified in shooting this car, killing the Italian officer?

I see it as a tragic set of events, but soldiers only have a few seconds to react, and seconds can cost their lives.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by TacOps Security]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Your thread was at the bottom of the list and much more important than any of mine.

It is war and you do what you have to, to survive. It is unfortunate. Many things happen in war that are unfortunate.

This man gave his life for another, what greater love is there?

I think he understands just like those that have lost their lives to friendly fire.

Did those benevolent terrorists threaten those at that gate before hand?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
these things happen in war - it is sad but true.

The thing is, I am more apt to say this is the "fault" of the Italian then of the American. If you are close enough to a checkpoint that you can see and accurately fire on each other, perhaps it was time to slow down.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I agree that the more I have learned of this incident the more it looks like the car wasnt just randomly picked out for firing upon.. "these things happen" when someone is being silenced for some reason.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

If you are close enough to a checkpoint that you can see and accurately fire on each other, perhaps it was time to slow down.

Thats the same idea the soldiers have.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
[edit on 12-7-2010 by ReeVeeR]

top topics

join