It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has a much larger worry than the USA!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're missing the point.

Here's a clue: fiat vs. intrinsic.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Here's a clue: fiat vs. intrinsic.

I know the difference, there isn't enough gold to do an intrinsic currency. Also, a gold backed yuan is still fiat as you need to exchange it for gold if it were actually backed by such.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The scary thing is some are willing to loose the odd a hundred million humans in a skirmish

You build it up then knock it down

330 million + 500 Million in Europe 90% would die within a week in a shtf ,so a war makes perfect sense to the movers and shakers of this world and it enriches the economy all at the same time .

China has some Crazy Nuke Neighbours no matter what way it looks and we have not been spending big bucks in war materials for nothing .

winters coming China

edit on 11/11/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Then you're familiar with consumer confidence.

Excessive printing = devaluation.

Debts that can NEVER be paid back.....

Consumer confidence will fold inevitably.

Then what will you have?

Nada.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

None of that address the inability to do a gold backed currency or an intrinsic one no less.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Well then I agree to disagree.🤷‍♂️

Eventually, enough countries are going to ban together and cover the majority of the more than 8.96 trillion dollars of gold in existence so far.

With the dollar being nothing more than printable coupons, and the world economies realizing the printing will never stop, a market correction and a return to gold backed currencies will go without saying.

Look at the Fed buying Treasuries and stocks to prop up the market, over a trillion dollars a year since 2008.

The money is worthless.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Eventually, enough countries are going to ban together and cover the majority of the more than 8.96 trillion dollars of gold in existence so far.

That isn't enough to even cover the amount of dollars, euros or yuan in circulation. You're also forgetting that number includes cosmetic and industrial gold which will not be converted to currency.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
So I won't reply or argue about currency, gold, etc. That stuff seems like high pie sky to me. I just keep it simple. Supply demand, and the country who controls both.

China does not have the resources to keep up with the good ole USA. I'm actually laughing because we now surpass OPEC in oil production. That is just crazy to think about. God blessed this country with amazing resources. There is not a single resource that we need that cannot be made or produced domestically.

China has one good home grown resource - They are excellent liars cheaters and thieves of technology.
While there are some amazingly talented engineers over there, they got everything they know from us both legally and illegally. What happens when that well dries up? When they have to innovate on their own?
Don't tell me that new versions of laptops and cell phones are innovative. The newest and most exciting technologies are coming out of the USA, and always have.

There is something magical about the USA. Nobody can rightly put their finger on what it is that makes us so productive and vibrant. And we allow technologies to transfer to other markets when it benefits our own. That is plain to see in every way except car manufacturing, which is now going back in our direction.

History is cyclical. We brought Japan and Europe out of 3rd world status. Now we have raised China. Who is next?
I'm telling you to bank on it. India is the next BIG TO DO, GONNA TAKE OVER THE WORLD, country.

I thought that may happen with South Korea about 15 years ago, but China stole that thunder. Maybe Malaysia or Burma will steal the India thunder. But I doubt that.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
"The empire, long divided, must unite; long united, must divide. Thus it has ever been."

Those are the opening lines of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. One of the four classic novels of Chinese literature. Ranks right up there with The Iliad or The Odyssey when trying to understand Western literature. Water Margin is more interesting in my opinion, but probably because I am more familiar with those stories.

Bottom line is that Communist China has held the country whole for awhile now, but China is very cyclical in nature. Providences form and breakup throughout its history. Confucius sounds like a modern philosopher when translated into modern English. And he predates the Shaolin Temple by nearly a thousand years. The country will not be held together under communism. We see this now with Hong Kong.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

Communism Destroys " Middle Classes " , they do not Tolerate them .Good Luck with that Chinese SHEEP .........

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Communism Destroys " Middle Classes " , they do not Tolerate them .Good Luck with that Chinese SHEEP .........

Your statement makes no sense at all. I really wondered wth you tried to say.
And for your information, China has a bustling and thriving middle class at the moment.
Too bad you can't delete comments after people quote reply to them.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Really ? And you cannot Comprehend the Difference between a Totalitarian form of Governance compared to a Free Democratic Republic . Saying China has a " Middle Class " is just an Admittance of your Ignorance . My Condolences.......

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think China has a larger, long range problem that hasn't been spoken of in this thread yet.

Americans tend to view china as a Monolith. Which it never was, even when Mao was alive.

There is an autonomous region in Northwest China, the 8th-largest country division in the world, called Xinjiang. (pronounced shing-shang by the inhabitants.

It borders Russia and Mongolia, but also many of the most turbulent/failed states in Asia

Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, autonomous (china controlled) Tibet, and the Kashmir province of India.

Xingjian has most of China's oil; but it is so remote that the coastal cities find it cheaper to import oil from abroad than build the pipeline network required by the coast.

Part of the reason is the minorities that inhabit Xingjiang are either a) Mongolian and causcasoid Buddhist, or b) Turkic-speaking Islamists in the southwest.

There are large number of ethnic minorities (non-Han) who make up the whole population of Xinjiang. And while the Eastern part of China is seeing declining birthrates (the one-child policy is relaxed in the east), there is a population explosion of "foreign" minorities who are fervently devout in "foreign-religions."

The Chinese leadership has recurring nightmares that any kind of pan-Islamist movement in the Middle East will try to detach Xinjiang from China. It doesn't help that the region is surrounded by rivals who are Islamist, Indian, or European. The area has no natural boundaries to the west, and the lack of infrastructure would favor invaders or a peasant uprising.

There have been terror bombings of government installations in Xinjiang, and it where human rights abuses are reported of Concentration camps containing tens of thousands of detainees. There are unconfirmed reports of Han-Chinese genocide of non-Chinese ethnic and religious communities.

And now the neighboring Indian state of (Islamist majority) Kashmir is on total lockdown....

China is extremely vulnerable right now, from the west. And the situation will only get worse over the next 20 years, as the minority population becomes old enough to join a military...

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Really ? And you cannot Comprehend the Difference between a Totalitarian form of Governance compared to a Free Democratic Republic . Saying China has a " Middle Class " is just an Admittance of your Ignorance . My Condolences.......

Nominally communist china does have a massive middle class. It is the fastest growing consumer market in the world right now. Most of the luxury automakers are totally focused on their Chinese sales right now. China is a weird-mishmash of communist hypocrisy and unbrideled mercantilism. If that is news to you, you. might enjoy reading about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Bro. You are speaking hateful nonsense. Just go away. This is not reddit.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
I think China has a larger, long range problem that hasn't been spoken of in this thread yet.

Americans tend to view china as a Monolith. Which it never was, even when Mao was alive.

There is an autonomous region in Northwest China, the 8th-largest country division in the world, called Xinjiang. (pronounced shing-shang by the inhabitants.

It borders Russia and Mongolia, but also many of the most turbulent/failed states in Asia

Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, autonomous (china controlled) Tibet, and the Kashmir province of India.

Xingjian has most of China's oil; but it is so remote that the coastal cities find it cheaper to import oil from abroad than build the pipeline network required by the coast.

Part of the reason is the minorities that inhabit Xingjiang are either a) Mongolian and causcasoid Buddhist, or b) Turkic-speaking Islamists in the southwest.

There are large number of ethnic minorities (non-Han) who make up the whole population of Xinjiang. And while the Eastern part of China is seeing declining birthrates (the one-child policy is relaxed in the east), there is a population explosion of "foreign" minorities who are fervently devout in "foreign-religions."

The Chinese leadership has recurring nightmares that any kind of pan-Islamist movement in the Middle East will try to detach Xinjiang from China. It doesn't help that the region is surrounded by rivals who are Islamist, Indian, or European. The area has no natural boundaries to the west, and the lack of infrastructure would favor invaders or a peasant uprising.

There have been terror bombings of government installations in Xinjiang, and it where human rights abuses are reported of Concentration camps containing tens of thousands of detainees. There are unconfirmed reports of Han-Chinese genocide of non-Chinese ethnic and religious communities.

And now the neighboring Indian state of (Islamist majority) Kashmir is on total lockdown....

China is extremely vulnerable right now, from the west. And the situation will only get worse over the next 20 years, as the minority population becomes old enough to join a military...

Interesting post. I have read reports that China is worried about their western border, but having a population possibly empathetic to other entities within said border makes China a much smaller country if true. And I don't doubt it is true. China instituted its one child policy because of a lack of resources, primarily food and water.

Their economy prevents them from starving or dying of thirst, for now.

India is slowly getting its proverbial s**t together, and is currently poised to take China on in any military skirmish and in some economic sectors. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pakistan join them if there were to be a skirmish.
Tibet is still hotly contested.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

China owns its own debt, they can write it off whenever they need to. Don't let that mislead you, especially if they break away to form their own reserve currency.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masisoar
a reply to: Irishhaf

China owns its own debt, they can write it off whenever they need to. Don't let that mislead you, especially if they break away to form their own reserve currency.

China's economy is on the brink, and has been for some years. Their economy is an absolute farcry from ours.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

I Deny Ignorance , do You > ? You and Mr. Graysen are talking Nonsense on this Thread . Check your Facts before you put them in Writing SONNY . COMMUNIST Countries do Not have " Middle Classes " , they have Slaves .......

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

I Deny Ignorance , do You > ? You and Mr. Graysen are talking Nonsense on this Thread . Check your Facts before you put them in Writing SONNY . COMMUNIST Countries do Not have " Middle Classes " , they have Slaves .......

Sonny? Are you serious? That is what a super old fart calls his grandson. lol...
Listen. Go type China Middle Class into your google browser. A middle class has nothing to do with Communism or Capitalism.
You are very confused I can see. So why not move onto another thread. Maybe one about the Civil War.

China is NOT what the media and Obama have made them out to be. They are teetering on the fence and have been for some time now. The greatest President Ever, Donald J. Trump, has been chiding them and forcing their hand into a corner to make a deal that benefits the USA. Flash in the pan I tell you. China is the new Japan. I welcome India with open arms.
edit on 14-11-2019 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join