It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grassley Refers False Kavanaugh Accuser to FBI for Prosecution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I must have missed it... Did even a single witness validate even one of the accusations made against Kavanaugh??

I certainly don't recall hearing of one...and I certainly would have on ATS at the time--given the "Yes, he did"--"No, he didn't" attitudes here at the time.

Each of those "victims" managed to invalidate themselves quite handily. Nothing in the way of proof was ever brought forward. No criminal complaints were ever filed--despite the local sheriff saying they'd certainly investigate--what it would have proven after 30 plus years is another question.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: StevenCrowley

the real media

hahahah! The so-called "real" media are getting fakier and fakier everyday. Journalism...real investigative journalism...is dying in these old guard establishment media companies. Their "real" stories are so intermingled with fake "facts", biased descriptors, twisty turny pretzel explanations, that anyone with eyes to see have already caught on.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah. Nobody has. Its fake news.
Guys.... just think... if only one place is saying this it doesnt mean its the truth it most often means it's someone's imagination.
There is no story about this anywhere else.
who is going to be silly enough to believe this?

www.huffpost.com...

This is actually very old news. She was referred for prosecution last year.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: StevenCrowley
a reply to: Boadicea

And yet she was never charged...even though he requested it a year ago.....

It could be -- or not -- that she's been given a deal for information on others -- bigger fish -- in the whole sordid Kavanaugh affair. I'm not stuck on that, but it's a possibility.

It is almost like they do not want to set the precedent that an accuser can be criminally liable if the charges are not proven ...

Um... I don't think so. First, her crime was against congress critters, not Kavanaugh. So any criminal trial would seek to prove or disprove that she provided false information to congress, not rape charges against Kavanaugh. Second, she confessed to her "crime" before being charged with a crime, so I doubt it would even go to trial. More likely, there would be some kind of plea deal. Third, to best of my knowledge, no such report has been made to the the appropriate law enforcement officials who would be responsible for investigating, charging and prosecuting rape charges.

Because that would mean everyone who filed rape charges and the person was found innocent would then be criminally charged and/or sued...

Making sure everytime a rapist gets off the victim is then criminally/civilly charged is guaranteed to play out well long term..

Exactly the opposite. It will have disastrous results. Rape is one of the most under-reported crimes -- and under prosecuted -- because it is so difficult to prove. Rapes are not often committed in front of witnesses. Even with DNA evidence, one can prove a sexual act took place, but it cannot prove it was non-consensual. It is the ultimate "he-said-she-said" situation. So lack of a conviction based upon available evidence does not prove that a crime was not committed... it only proves that the prosecution lacked sufficient evidence to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt.

And you can bet that women would be increasingly reluctant to even report their rapes if they knew they would be charged for false reporting.

Not only would it be equally difficult to prove that a woman made false accusations -- and yes, she deserves the presumption of innocence also -- for those women who were brutally assaulted, it would be sadistic and cruel.

If a prosecutor has evidence that a woman lied, then by all means bring charges. But only then.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: StevenCrowley
a reply to: Boadicea

Also it is a conservative website that is the laughing stock of the real media. Who is quoting another conservative website that is the laughing stock of the real media..

So..... I think it is fair to assume that the story is not being told as it is in reality.

I posted a link to the letter Grassley sent earlier in the thread. It's real enough. There really isn't much of a "story" beyond that. It doesn't seem that any action has been taken since then, or it just hasn't been reported. And no one made an effort to update the story. And it seems weird that it's presented now as news when it's old news. So yeah, it is fair to assume that we're not getting the whole story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join