It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Editing the word of god

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
But who decides the standard.

And how should they be enforced.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   

There has to be a standard or humananity would run rampant and lawless..............

and if it did?

fixx

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The true question is not if it is ok, but are you really altering the religion itself or are you altering an already altered version of that religion.
Ask yourself this:
Who wrote the bible?
The answer is people did. God instructed them to.
Then you also have to ask yourself, did they really write exactly what God wanted them to write, or did they add or remove parts to suit themselves.
The truth is that people can be corrupt, and what better way to make things go the way you want them to go than to have the chance to write what you want into the Book?

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel191159
The true question is not if it is ok, but are you really altering the religion itself or are you altering an already altered version of that religion.
Ask yourself this:
Who wrote the bible?
The answer is people did. God instructed them to.
Then you also have to ask yourself, did they really write exactly what God wanted them to write, or did they add or remove parts to suit themselves.
The truth is that people can be corrupt, and what better way to make things go the way you want them to go than to have the chance to write what you want into the Book?

I suppose this is where ones faith in God to be what He says He is comes in to play. If you questioned every word in a book for validity, you must ask yourself - why am I reading this then??.

I imagine any sacred book can not be immune to scrutiny of this kind.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcana imperii
In ceratin Islamic religions and governments it�s amoral for woman to show any amount of her skin to anyone but her family (by blood or marriage). to a person living in such circumstance it�s a basic moral value.

That's a good thing. Because of that, men would sin less, especially in mind.
And then because of less sin, God would not punish us so much, and there would be more peace.

[Edited on 11-7-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Certinaly everything is relative in some respects, but there are values that transcend all belief systems. Basic laws of humanity, like murder is wrong.

That it's frowned on by a vast majority doesn't make it Wrong, unless wrong is simply defined by public opinion.

As well, you are assuming that everyone is equal. What if morality was defined by a being that is greater than yourself, a being that has the ultimate insight as to the best way for you to live because he created you and has a plan for your life?
Now that kind of morality is superior to mere 'human' derived morality.

Is my creator truly dealing with cosmic Rights and Wrongs, or is he merely presenting me with rewards and punishments?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Netchicken

Could you please complete your account of the Ten Commandments (Information Age/NWO Edition)?

I was finding it most entertaining...

Thou shalt not kill, unless sanctioned by the government, punishing a criminal, or deciding not to be a parent, or....

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The bible was edited by a freemason. Sir Francis Bacon.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Nonsence, and easy proved by going back to the latin and greek versions.

Even if a FM did edit (as so many were FM's at that time it is likely there were some incolved) it does not make any difference to the content.

Originally posted by cainecrawford
The bible was edited by a freemason. Sir Francis Bacon.

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What's greek and latin versions got to do with it? Latin is a dead language to begin with. Did you miss the part in the bible that says that christ is he who came to destroy him. The son came to destroy the father. Jesus was the mornin star. Which is venus and has been given the name of Lucifer. The bible has a great amount to do with satanism. Even the Pat from the Christian channel said the god of the bible is Lucifer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join