posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 12:39 PM
We've been putting it off for a while, procrastinating I guess, but today was the day to clean out our office in the house.
So far we have hauled out (3) contractor grade 55 gal. garbage bags of stuff, and it doesn't even look like we've made much of a dent! I swear, I
feel like we're hoarders or something! We have managed to neatly stack, pack, pile, wedge, cram, and stuff all manner of things into the office.
You see, I have a confession to make; I have an affliction called "Flat Surface Syndrome". If there is a flat surface somewhere, I will put
something on it, and I will continue to put stuff on it until it is no longer a flat surface. My wife, on the other hand, has Serial Neurosis about
keeping the kitchen counters, island and hutch free from 'stuff'. And, the kitchen is a wonderland of flat surfaces for someone like me. So, she
has this habit of picking everything up off the counter and sticking it, randomly, in a box, and then sticking the box in...the office.
So the office winds up being the dumping ground for all the stuff cleaned off the kitchen counters. BUT, then periodically, we will attempt to clean
the office, which is an overwhelming chore, and wind up neatly stacking all the random stuff in a very efficient pile of "CRAP". After a while, the
office becomes this mammoth junk pile, but it's NOT junk!
Today was the day. Roll up the sleeves and start digging, sorting and most importantly trashing stuff. I did find some interesting stuff though.
- a whole box of RS-232 serial cables
- about (25) rolls of undeveloped film (hmmmm...wonder what's on them?)
- about (17) different key rings, all with keys on them...which I have no idea what they go to.
- about 23 miles of RJ-45 patch cords
- an entire shoe box full of 3.5" floppy discs
- about (25) CD's marked "Do not throw away" (but no indication of why)
- some crap I don't even know what it is
- about 900 screws, bolts, batteries, chargers, pens, pencils and more stuff I don't know what it is.
- (4) laptop computers
- (12) old hard drives
- (2) SCSI tape drives and boxes of tapes
Well, you get the idea.