It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama man arrested for slashing baby Trump Balloon .

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Fallingdown

Good for him!
Modern Day Hero!

And though I'm not sure we're supposed to be posting GFM links here - I know where I'm off to.

45-2020

peace

Nice!!

So, open season on destroying stuff that's not yours based on your opinion of said stuff.

Interesting.

If you have not noticed, right or wrong, it moved beyond that point quite a while ago thanks to anti-Trump representation. Hell some Democrat Leaders have called for it. It's a thing now.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Wa wa wa what the left????? ( your whataboutism in case that went over your head )

Whataboutism say what?

Here’s a list of 624 attacks or hoaxes perpetrated on Trump supporters .

Again:

What makes his actions patriotic?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Listen - I asked you some reasonable questions. The amount of squirming you did trying to avoid them?

Totally not worth it. For any of us here

Maybe if you think about it you'll want to give it a try?

You think what this guy Hoyt did was brave? Patriotic? Necessary?

It was nothing but a scene out of Idiocracy

This is our country now. And you here defending this drivel like our lives depended on it

:-)

Well - they kinda do. That's why it's important for you to participate in your own thread

Night then Falling

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

That’s it in a nutshell . ( Avatar pun) lol

And pushing back is patriotic from my point of view .

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The protestors with the balloon weren't trashing anything, weren't breaking anything.

They were just (stupidly) anti-Trump.

Which is fine and legal.

Popping their balloon wasn't.

I agree, but with BAMN being their actual message against Trump, what do you think is going to happen?
You can only slap a sleeping bear so many times before he wakes up.
There are idiots on both sides of the equation, but if you rate it as a tolerance issue the right is still winning. How much tolerance do you recommend?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I gave my position on why I considered it patriotic two pages ago.

If you can’t follow along it’s not my problem .

And I feel absolutely no need to repeat myself to someone beneath me .

When I enter a conversation I try to know what’s going on. I don’t jump in the middle of one insult somebody and ask them to repeat questions they’ve already answered .
edit on 10-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Props DB.

I admire nothing more than conviction, especially when it's complimented by defense of everyone's rights.

We'll all lose them if we fall to celebrating the attacks on the rights of others.

If people are getting too thin skinned to hear or see other people's perceived grievances, we're on the path towards society not just allowing, but cheering the erosion of rights.

There is no lack of intolerance from most ideologies now. We should all call it out.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Do I really need to link the mail-bomber living in the Trump van, the guy shooting up the east coast newspaper offices to get back at the evil anti-Trump media, the El Paso shooter echoing "invasion" talking points, and a host of other lesser/simple assaults?

Sorry, bub, but this isn't a "the left", or a "the right" thing. There are extremists on both sides, and if one fails to acknowledge that fact, then they are a part of the problem. The only goal in trying to focus or shift blame to one side is in misguided attempts to justify the other side's wrongdoings.

There's no excuse for violence, or destruction of others' property from either side. Both need to stop pointing the finger and focus on cleaning their own houses because both are filthy.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
So the big question is, how much did trump pay this numpty to pop the baloon

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

That’s it in a nutshell . ( Avatar pun) lol

And pushing back is patriotic from my point of view .

Some people like to draw a line in the sand, and then another, and then another. It all depends on where they stop drawing it.
Make no mistake about. There is a political war for this Nation right now, it has been spilling over into the street for more years than Trump has been President, they just use his Presidency to condone it at the moment.

They have always hated it when their own tactics are used against them.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

a reply to: vonclod

Unoriginality and weakness of position .

Apparently for the group here.

If you’ve only got one point to make it worth repeating 100 times .

Sometimes it simply boils down to the truth..nothing elaborate.

Anyone who destroys anyone elses stuff should be held accountable, I don't give anyone a pass.

The guy is free to believe whatever he like's, just can't wreck other peoples stuff in the name of his belief. If he want to push the envelope of free expression to do what he did, he should face the consequences.

Like when hippies chain themselves to a tree, against a court injunction(as an example)..they will get arrested, go to court and pay a fine..they accept that is the cost.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Anyone who destroys anyone elses stuff should be held accountable, I don't give anyone a pass.

And the guy is being held accountable at this very moment. How many Atifa are being held accountable?

The guy didn't hurt no one. He destroyed property. He will pay for it. He didn't try to run, or hide behind a mask. That is more than I can say for Antifa.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Do I really need to link the mail-bomber living in the Trump van, the guy shooting up the east coast newspaper offices to get back at the evil anti-Trump media, the El Paso shooter echoing "invasion" talking points, and a host of other lesser/simple assaults?

Bernie supporter shooting up the congressional softball game targeting Republicans .

Dayton shooter ANTIFA fan boy .

Sorry, bub, but this isn't a "the left", or a "the right" thing. There are extremists on both sides, and if one fails to acknowledge that fact, then they are a part of the problem. The only goal in trying to focus or shift blame to one side is in misguided attempts to justify the other side's wrongdoings.

There is far more extremism on the left. You’ve got 624 instances to match yet. We wouldn’t have the mess were looking at now if it wasn’t for the anger on the left and the complicit main stream media fanning the flames .

There's no excuse for violence, or destruction of others' property from either side. Both need to stop pointing the finger and focus on cleaning their own houses because both are filthy.

Of course there’s no excuse for violence if you didn’t know that you must be from out of town .

I got angry with the left when I saw them chase down a 14-year-old boy and scare the hell out of a woman while egging her after a Santa Fe Trump rally .

Do you approve of that ?

Americans get angry after being called Nazis, white supremacist and fascist for three years plus .

Do you approve of that ?

“ words matter “ apparently not if they’re being hurled at the right .

In all and I repeat all violent confrontations there’s an instigator and a victim .

Tell me which side instigated this current civil unrest ?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If someone, anyone is infringing on your rights, then defend it.

With a throat punch or using the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It has been defended. The guy is in custody. He is going to pay for this crime.
I guess my question is are you shocked that it happened?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Of course there’s no excuse for violence if you didn’t know that you must be from out of town .

Really? Then why does it seem like you're arguing that you have "624 instances" to make up for?

There is far more extremism on the left. You’ve got 624 instances to match yet.

It really seems like you think this guy Hoyt is a patriotic hero and justified in destroying someone else's property. If you really feel that it's ok to destroy someone else's property, then complaining about misdeeds from the left is beyond hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I’m really beginning to wonder if anybody reads my OP‘s ? Lol

Hat’s off Hoyt do what needs to be done and be willing to take the consequences!

Nobody’s responded to this reply but ....

Yes he committed a criminal act.

Does that mean everything he stood for should automatically be ignored?

Because that’s all that everyone on this thread has done . Repeatedly over and over pushing the position that he committed a criminal act while ignoring everything else .

Rosa Parks broke the law should we censor her act of civil disobedience from the history books ?

The myopic view being reinforced on this thread that in my opinion is only a attempt to be in “the in crowd “.

It’s been like watching Jim Jones being followed around by groupies agreeing with him .

There’s a much larger point .

Sometimes this place really disappoints me .

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
He is being held accountable..hopefully the punishment reflects(light)

I have never said ANTIFA should get any kind of pass, they have gotten a few of them in court..but not enough.

edit on 10-11-2019 by vonclod because: poorly worded

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

It has been defended. The guy is in custody. He is going to pay for this crime.
I guess my question is are you shocked that it happened?

No.

People do stupid things all the time.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Really? Then why does it seem like you're arguing that you have "624 instances" to make up for?

Could be Projection.

It really seems like you think this guy Hoyt is a patriotic hero and justified in destroying someone else's property. If you really feel that it's ok to destroy someone else's property, then complaining about misdeeds from the left is beyond hypocritical.

He is not justifying his actions. I think you know that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join