It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama man arrested for slashing baby Trump Balloon .

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: TheRedneck

I've never seen American football fans throw molitov cocktails at each other but I have seen soccer hooligans do it. It's a level of crazy unlike anything else.

I can see a distinct likeness with political hooligans, none of it's good, at least with soccer though it's understandable.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

OK, you've got me there... no molotav cocktails so far as I know. But before the State Troopers began stationing a contingent at the Iron Bowl, there were a few deaths every year. Mostly people being beaten to death.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I can see a distinct likeness with political hooligans, none of it's good, at least with soccer though it's understandable.

I can see a distinct likeness with political hooligans, none of it's good, at least with football though it's understandable.

I think we're in some agreement here.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Well fair go sport can bring out the hooligan in all of us, politics however should be in the realms of diplomats, or we risk the burning of rome 2.0.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Wow killing people over a football team.... That's just something I'll never be able to wrap my head around.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Agreed. That's why groups like Antifa have to be stopped in their tracks.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

People can go overboard on any number of things. I know you have heard how uber-religious the South can be, but some people are more into football than religion. I tend to joke that my son is in a mixed marriage... he married a Georgia fan.

Hopefully, any children will be Tide fans...

Storming the field doesn't happen any more, but the fervor is still there. When someone tries to come into this state knowing so little of the culture we live by and start making trouble, it's easy to find oneself on the wrong end of an angry mob... really no different than traveling to some parts of India and publicly slaughtering a cow for meat. They can be sacred over there, while over here they're just hamburger on the hoof.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think the conversation should be about where your rights, or mine, to protest end, and your rights, or mine, to not be bothered begin.

I'm trying to understand whose rights were violated (and what those rights might be) by this particular protest, as mentioned above.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

How much property as Antifa destroyed?

What does that have to do with this instance?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

What does that have to do with this instance?

Nothing exists in a vacuum. We have all seen what happens with these protests; Antifa is just the worst offender. They turn into riots more times than not, and no one opposes the riots... not the police, not the citizens, nobody.

This time they tried it in Alabama and someone opposed them. Good. They can drag their widdle tails behind their widdle legs in the way out and not come back. We don't need their chaos and we don't want their chaos down here. As I said earlier, be thankful Hutchinson was alone and that he targeted the balloon. They might not be so lucky next time.

You have made your position crystal clear in this thread: unlike most other posters, you seem to believe that anything goes as long as it happens in a "protest." It doesn't. You don't get to interfere in others' lives, beat people up, destroy property, or even disturb the peace with immunity. Around here, we tend to fight back, and we don't fight by slapping hands. When we have to fight, we fight to win.

Don't start no protest, won't be no dead balloons.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

y.

This time they tried it in Alabama and someone opposed them.

They who tried what?

You have made your position crystal clear in this thread: unlike most other posters, you seem to believe that anything goes as long as it happens in a "protest."

Excuse me? Where have I said or even alluded to "anything goes" insofar as a protest in concerned? I defend the right to peacefully protest, of which this was one, and condemned destruction of property, which you seemed to condone.

When we have to fight, we fight to win.

Don't start no protest, won't be no dead balloons.

Case in point. So you're cool with destruction of property, as long as it's your guys, even in the event of a peaceful protest.

Got it.

You don't get to interfere in others' lives,

Again, if you think a protest balloon interferes with your life, that's a personal problem.
edit on 15-11-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Excuse me? Where have I said or even alluded to "anything goes" insofar as a protest in concerned? I defend the right to peacefully protest, of which this was one, and condemned destruction of property, which you seemed to condone.

Condone? No. I have said enough times that the arrest was proper. I'm not repeating it again because you didn't get it the first fourty-eleven-dozen times.

I understand why he did it. That's not condonement.

Case in point. So you're cool with destruction of property, as long as it's your guys, even in the event of a peaceful protest.

Read above.

Again, if you think a protest balloon interferes with your life, that's a personal problem.

It is until someone flying that balloon gets too close. Then it's their problem.

You keep saying it was a peaceful protest. That is true because their precious widdle balloon got popped. What would have happened later, though, had that not happened? Maybe it would have been peaceful, but chances are pretty darn good it wouldn't stay that way. And in Tuscaloosa after the biggest game of the year? I really think those "peaceful" (aka defeated) protestors should be on their knees still thanking God Almighty that Hutchinson stopped their plans when he did.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

a reply to: redmage

a reply to: Grambler

Redneck for some reason I can only get about a quarter of my text to post .

I had to improvise but do you have any idea why that’s going on ?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Condone? No. I have said enough times that the arrest was proper. I'm not repeating it again because you didn't get it the first fourty-eleven-dozen times.

You did say destruction of property is wrong; however, the arrest being proper does not mean the action behind it was warranted. You said they got what they deserved, and had it been you you might have shot it. That's condoning it.

Read above.

Ditto.

It is until someone flying that balloon gets too close.

Too close to his knife, or too close to your bird shot? Or to your game?

You keep saying it was a peaceful protest.

It was.

What would have happened later, though, had that not happened? Maybe it would have been peaceful, but chances are pretty darn good it wouldn't stay that way.

Irrelevant. "I stabbed it because what might have happened later" is not a defense.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You did say destruction of property is wrong; however, the arrest being proper does not mean the action behind it was warranted. You said they got what they deserved, and had it been you you might have shot it. That's condoning it.

Nope, not condoning anything. If I were to fill it with bird shot I would expect to face the legal consequences. It would still be wrong, but I'm not perfect and I know it.

You just don't get it. Do you really think you can just keep taunting people and then hide behind some idealistic mumbo-jumbo? I sincerely hope not, because life has a way of slapping people down who believe that, just like it does all bullies.

Too close to his knife, or too close to your bird shot? Or to your game?

Take your pick.

Irrelevant. "I stabbed it because what might have happened later" is not a defense.

I don't go around expecting leopards to change their spots. The true purpose behind these protests has been made perfectly clear over and over again: domestic terrorism.

There, I said it. I called them exactly what they are. The entire purpose of these "protests" is not to demand anything... not to convince others to make a change for the better... it is to drive the egos of those "protesting" and make them feel somehow superior to those they can attack and bully. They're not Martin Luther King, Jr., or Susan Anthony, or anyone else in that proud class... they disgrace the very name of those heroes by trying to claim some higher moral ground that doesn't exist. That won't fly down here, law be damned, perverted ideas of "right and wrong" be damned, public opinion be damned.

And the sick people who are stroking their egos at the expense of everyone else, especially, be damned. They have been warned.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Do you really think you can just keep taunting people and then hide behind some idealistic mumbo-jumbo?

I mean, if you take a protest as a personal taunt...

The true purpose behind these protests has been made perfectly clear over and over again: domestic terrorism.

And there we have it.

There, I said it.

You did.

The entire purpose of these "protests" is not to demand anything... not to convince others to make a change for the better...

They might disagree. Plus, it's a right.

it is to drive the egos of those "protesting" and make them feel somehow superior to those they can attack and bully.

Or to make a statement for what they feel is wrong? As is their right.

That won't fly down here, law be damned

I see. So, law be damned, because if we don't like the message it's fair game, even if it's a....right?

Sounds like you're blinded by emotion.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Or to make a statement for what they feel is wrong? As is their right.

Bull-hockey.

What exactly is it these people want? I dropped two distinguished names from history above: Martin Luther King, Jr. wanted equal rights for all people regardless of skin color; Susan B. Anthony wanted the right to vote for women as well as men. What is this protest wanting? Trump gone? They already have the right to vote him out.

If that's their demand, it is nothing short of a demand for certain people's votes to not count. Yeah, I consider that something worth fighting for. If not, then they apparently have no demands and just want to make an ass of themselves. That's worth fighting over as well.

There is no right to make an ass of oneself... and there is no right to protest. The word is not even in the Constitution.

Sounds like you're blinded by emotion.

Maybe I am... maybe a lot of people are. How badly do you want to find out?

Hint: you also have every right to walk up to a bear and slap it. It would be perfectly legal.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Redneck, people have a right to say things you (or I) may disagree with.

It's the freedom thing.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Redneck, people have a right to say things you (or I) may disagree with.

Absolutely they do.

They don't have the right to get in my face when doing it.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

"My right to swing my fist ends at the tip of your nose."
-anon

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50 >>

join