It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama man arrested for slashing baby Trump Balloon .

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

I get it, but most of it is just internet echo chamber nonsense.

Most of it is, and I just shake it off. But this time it was in my state, a state that I already am seeing change before my eyes. Most of my original culture is gone when I step outside my property. People are more angry, more disrespectful, and more on edge. So when something like this happens n Alabama, I tend to take it personally.

Don't get me wrong. If you're heading to the game, and fools like AntiFa show up tossing milkshakes filled with concrete, or swinging bike locks, then whip out that shotgun and defend you and yours, but do you really need that shotgun to protect yourself from the horror of possibly seeing a balloon?

Oh, if I see a group in black wearing masks and and beating up people, there will be lead flying. There is no question about that; better tried by 12 than carried by 6.

But the thing is, I tend to look ahead; you have to out here to survive. Reactive gets one dead; proactive gets one a chance to stay on top of the dirt. If the sky is darkening and the wind starts circling, I batten down the hatches and make sure everything is secure. If I see a pack of coyotes, I don't wait until they are in the yard to get a gun. If I see a tree leaning, I don't wait until it is through the side of my house to cut it.

Likewise, if I see a Trump Baby balloon, I don't wait for Antifa or somebody similar to show up. I tend to nip things in the bud.

I don't expect others to understand that; I actually know they won't. I see it all the time, on the highway where someone races up to a red light and slams on the brakes, in a convenience store where people wander in with a glassy stare looking for something they don't need so they can buy it, like zombies oblivious to anything around them until it enters their frame of vision. I can't do that; it's not my nature. So I warn people, hoping against hope they will take the warning to heart and not cause trouble that I really don't want to put an end to... but will if forced.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thank you. I have come to expect fair responses from you as well.

Perhaps it is the speed at which things can happen and be reported today. But whatever the reason for the change, it still exists and is still a problem. There is a point too far, an uncrossable line, that everyone has. The problem is that too many either refuse to see that line approaching or don't believe it exists.

It does, and I see it being crossed.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Now his sister is free to date who ever she wants ! Win win situation !

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I understand there are some things that will make people irrational to the point they would do something illegal.

I mean if I ever meet Rian Johnson I will kick him in the balls. Jail will suck, but it would be worth it.

For others it is football. Well in a way it would be footballs for me as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

This is a question of where do your rights end, and mine begin??

Whose rights are being infringed by this balloon being flown?

Today, or last Saturday, it was a balloon, tomorrow, or next Saturday, it might be something else.

But it was a balloon in this instance, and nothing more. Hurting no one. Except perhaps some people's feelings.

but I am curious as to where people think the right to protest begins and ends, as regards my ability to live my own life and mind my own affairs.

Does a protest such as this affect your ability to live your life?

If a protest shuts down a street and prevents you from going about your affairs or being late for work, that's one thing. This is another.

I'm sure we all remember the riots in Seattle a few years back, well I just happened to have been downtown when that all broke out... I was less than impressed when I, an innocent caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, got a dose of CS Gas.

That sucks (sincerely), but not all protests are the same.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Liquesence

Kinda like equal treatment for equal actions.

TheRedneck

Except that it's not equal.

One destroyed property. The other didn't.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I've already stated on at least 3 occasions that this particular episode is, in a word, stupid.

I think the conversation should be about where your rights, or mine, to protest end, and your rights, or mine, to not be bothered begin.

Not all protests are equal, on that we are very much agreed.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

How much property as Antifa destroyed?

It's OK. You don't have to hide behind talking points. You are free to just come out and say you support Antifa because you like them and Hutchinson because you don't, and that Hutchins0on should be executed for popping a balloon and Antifa is above the law.

I won't agree, but you can say it. Be honest.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Antifa should be charged accordingly for their actions.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The right not to see a balloon I guess.

Like I posted earlier, protest can be inconvenient, kinda the point sometimes. I have been inconvenienced by it, I was irritated, but never felt the need for violence..life goes on. The cost of a free-ish society. I get it's perhaps being overdone.

As for ANTIFA, since Redneck has brought it up, never have I suggested they deserve a pass they especially should be accountable. It makes no sense to fight fascism by being fascists.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

I agree. But are they being charged?

Not that I see. Antifa has taken over streets and highways, attacked motorists, burned property, and beaten up people without so much as a single charge. A conservative pops a balloon that was designed to tick off off people, gets charged, I agree with charging him for the crime, and Liquesence still gets all bent out of shape because it happened.

I can't take someone like that seriously.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I have seen more than a few videos of antifa being arrested and charged. I would like to see more of them arrested, but they act like the Klan dressing alike and covering their faces.

Hoyt being charged isn't an inherent unfairness, it's that he didn't run fast enough and the cops caught him. He confessed on facebook beforehand so I am not sure what his thought were when he ran.

Maybe he knew he would be arrested and that's why he had his grandmother drive him there maybe he doesn't have a license.
edit on 14-11-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I have seen more than a few videos of antifa being arrested and charged. I would like to see more of them arrested, but they act like the Klan dressing alike and covering their faces.

I have also seen videos of Anita running wild while the police were told to stand down and let them go. 10 arrests per 100 acts of violence is not justice... it is a poor attempt at best.

Hoyt being charged isn't an inherent unfairness

I have never stated otherwise; I have actually stated over and over and over again that he did deserve to be arrested. I'm not sure how many times I have to say that for it to be acknowledged but there it is again. I am not playing the right vs. left game; I just want equality in the law and its application. I don't see much of that now-a-days. Might be a fun change of pace.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The way you brought up Antifa getting away with things along with Hoyt being charged it made you sound like you thought it was unfair.

I do agree with antifa getting away with too much, but it is a different situation for the police. If a large group of masked people showed up and slashed the ballon I don't think the cops would arrest all of them to sort out who it was. Same for antifa.

Antifa gets away with more because of their large groups and hiding their identity. Some states have passed laws against them being able to mask themselves. I am not sure if has had an effect or if it is being inforced.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I know a couple of them have been charged and convicted in some of the crimes which caused injury. However they do seem to have a free pass on destruction of property and it's ridiculous that the laws aren't being enforced properly.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The way you brought up Antifa getting away with things along with Hoyt being charged it made you sound like you thought it was unfair.

I do. It is.

Strength of force by pack is not justice; it is injustice. Let's apply that to this situation: say the game is over and 10,000 fans see this annoying, insulting balloon flying as they leave the stadium. They're already worked up over the game; say they all decide to charge the protestors and completely destroy the balloon, burn it to ashes, and beat the crap out of the protestors. Is it then proper for them to be allowed to get off Scot-free? Maybe two people are arrested, booked, and spend the night in jail. Is that sufficient justice?

I say no... arrest every one you can find, and charge them accordingly with their crime. But I also base that on how other groups are treated... if you're going to let one group go, then you have to let the other side go as well. I absolutely refuse to accept unequal treatment under the law. That is worse injustice than not enforcing the law at all.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I do. It is.

Strength of force by pack is not justice; it is injustice. Let's apply that to this situation: say the game is over and 10,000 fans see this annoying, insulting balloon flying as they leave the stadium. They're already worked up over the game; say they all decide to charge the protestors and completely destroy the balloon, burn it to ashes, and beat the crap out of the protestors. Is it then proper for them to be allowed to get off Scot-free? Maybe two people are arrested, booked, and spend the night in jail. Is that sufficient justice?

I say no... arrest every one you can find, and charge them accordingly with their crime. But I also base that on how other groups are treated... if you're going to let one group go, then you have to let the other side go as well. I absolutely refuse to accept unequal treatment under the law. That is worse injustice than not enforcing the law at all.

TheRedneck

You just described soccer hooligans, this is how hooliganism works, so probably best to start following soccer.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I've watched many a soccer hooligan videos for a psychology paper I wrote back in the day. What an absolutely pathetic example of "humanity"

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We call them "football fans" here.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I've never seen American football fans throw molitov cocktails at each other but I have seen soccer hooligans do it. It's a level of crazy unlike anything else.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50 >>

join