It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama man arrested for slashing baby Trump Balloon .

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Insults... disqualified.

Have a nice day.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I admit being unwilling to let a bunch of clueless protestors disrupt my day. Call that whatever spin you will.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Awwww, diddums get upset about duh Tide Pods? Funny coming from the guy acting like a smartass who cannot even read a map and thinks a building is there when it's not.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You really have to ask that?

Then let me be clear:

BECAUSE I PAID MONEY TO SEE A BALL GAME AND NOT SOME BUTTHIRT ACTIVISTS!

You need to get it through your head that these constant protests over nothing are really getting on people's nerves

Yes, I have to ask, because if people are so triggered by these things that it genuinely affects their ability to watch and enjoy a simple freakin ball game, well, they have some serious personal issues themsleves, and it ain't the other person's fault.

Get it through your head that these protests are protected, whether you like them or not.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

To each his own. Had I been there, it would be because I paid a lot of money to watch the Tide Roll.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Yes, I have to ask, because if people are so triggered by these things that it genuinely affects their ability to watch and enjoy a simple freakin ball game, well, they have some serious personal issues themsleves, and it ain't the other person's fault.

Get it through your head that these protests are protected, whether you like them or not.

It appears to be affecting their ability to read a map or look at an image too.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Perhaps, or perhaps you're putting the cart before the horse. At this point the question is akin to, "which came first, the chicken or the egg?".

originally posted by: TheRedneck
After all, if someone cannot go into a restaurant... who in their right mind would want that job? Not anyone with the American people at heart, because by taking it they are automatically excluded from being part of the American people!

I don't think anyone in their right mind would want the job, and the last person that I believe truly had the interests of the American people at heart was Ron Paul. I wish the apple (Rand) had fallen a bit closer to the tree.

Personally, I don't think Trump ever really wanted to be a part of the American people (at least not the common folks like us). From all accounts he's always wanted to be in the "in crowd" of old-money elites, and their rejections have been his driving force throughout his life in things like starting his own football league, buying his own golf courses, etc. because they wouldn't let him join their country clubs, or buy into the NFL, etc..

edit on 11/13/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Nope, sorry... poke a dog with a stick long enough and it will turn vicious. Poke a rabbit with a stick long enough and it will try to bite you.

I hope that protection includes Kevlar.

That's not a threat; it's a warning. I won't be on the other end of that situation. I'll be right here watching you cry as others burn everything down to get some peace.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Have a nice day.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

If anybody’s curious about the football field next to the park. It’s a high school facility .

Just saying

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Are those the Junior Tide Pods?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Have a nice day.

I'm will since my reading ability remains unimpaired.

Once that ceases I'll become crotchety and miserable, particularly when it concerns meaningless college sporting events attended by useless politicians protested by anonymous people I get emtionally invested over.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Awwww, diddums get upset about duh Tide Pods? Funny coming from the guy acting like a smartass who cannot even read a map and thinks a building is there when it's not.

And people have been calling me a troll .🤦‍♂️

😂

link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

Do you stop at car sales lots when they inflate huge balloon animals and such to draw attention without ever flying them to express your concerns about how they are not flying?

No, but I have also never seen a car lot inflate a balloon a half mile from their car lot either.

TheRedneck

Just like to point out you have gone from

"this "protest" was being used to destroy the enjoyment of thousands upon thousands of people"
and

"it is an illegitimate protest"
to

protestors allowed to force people to listen to them by 'ambushing' them in a non-political sporting event to there was no permit issued for a protest against Donald Trump to certainly have the right to be afforded reasonable protection from anything that would reasonably interfere with my peaceful enjoyment of the game to Both parties had violated the law; both parties should face punishment for their violations equally. to he protestors were trying to do: create a public spectacle to interfere with those attending the game.

to

The University of Alabama campus is scattered throughout Tuscaloosa; it is not continuous. There is a shopping center also at that intersection, and if the protestors were simply protesting there I would have no issue with their activities. However, they were planning on launching a balloon designed specifically to cause political disrest into the air where it would clearly be visible from Bryant-Denny.

and

Firstly, the location specified is closer to a half-mile away. CNN got their geography wrong.

That is a silly point to make, but out of stubborn curiosity I pulled up a map and used the scale to measure. Just under a mile as the crow flies for accuracies sake

Wait... it was earlier shown that the protestors paid $4000 to rent the balloon. And you don't believe they intended to fly it?

You have been shown that it was a legal protest almost a mile away not on school property and that the balloon was not even flying.

Your argument has been whittled down to "it is a ballon so they must plan to fly it."
edit on 13-11-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

link   

To each his own. Had I been there, it would be because I paid a lot of money to watch the Tide Roll.

TheRedneck

Do you want Alabama to be seen in the same light as Berkeley though? A safe space? One where intolerance is accepted?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

TheRedneck

That's football, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Not sure.

But it looks like it was a hoax anyway .

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Do you want Alabama to be seen in the same light as Berkeley though? A safe space? One where intolerance is accepted?

Too late. Once the Pods are involved all bets are off.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

poke a dog with a stick long enough and it will turn vicious. Poke a rabbit with a stick long enough and it will try to bite you.

Poking is physical. Assault/violation of personal space. A balloon or a protest is anything but, and is protected.

To liken to two is a disingenuous. But if protests trigger a person enough to physically act, again, that's a personal issue within themselves.

I hope that protection includes Kevlar.

That's not a threat; it's a warning. I won't be on the other end of that situation. I'll be right here watching you cry as others burn everything down to get some peace.

Cool story bro.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Perhaps, or perhaps you're putting the cart before the horse. At this point the question is akin to, "which came first, the chicken or the egg?".

A fair question, but then again, why continue the spiral?

I disagreed with a good much of what Ron Paul suggested, not in theory, but in practice. Still, I could see myself voting for him. I agree with your assessment of Rand Paul as well, not my favorite politician by any means. Sometimes I agree with him, sometimes not. A lot more not than with his father.

As for Trump, he has had a hard life socially and I do agree that those experiences drive him. However, I have watched him on numerous occasions long, long before 2016 expressing severe reservations about the state of the country. I think he is likely one of those people who simply don't get social interaction, but who craves it. it's not just elite that he wants acceptance by; it is everyone he comes into contact with. He is a megalomaniac, granted.

I just happen to think that megalomaniac is what we need right now. He is completing campaign promises at a rate that shames every President in memory.

I understand that position may be at odds with others, and that's fine. If we all agreed on everything, this would be a boring world. I only desire frank, open, honest debate on the policies. "Orange man bad" and insults are getting very old very fast.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join