It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama man arrested for slashing baby Trump Balloon .

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Except they weren't at the event, target or not, so all the handwringing about this being university property is meaningless. You also claimed they were at a street corner where there was a university building but that wasn't the case.

The target was the event; the President was obviously the target because the balloon was a political caricature of Trump and Trump was at the event. Please quit trying to tell me these people protesting were brain-dead. That does not help your argument.

As for the location, it was reported as the intersection of 15th Street and Hacksaw Lane by another poster. The northeast block of that intersection is the University of Alabama Athletic Department campus. I also clearly stated that another block adjacent to that intersection was a shopping center, specifically the southwest corner.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Grimpachi

How can you contend with facts? The protest was in full swing the balloon was not flying and the videos posted show no indication of it being prepared or capable of flying.

As I pointed out it may be because of the power lines which can be seen in the video link I posted. You did look, right?
If you argument is it doesn't seem logical to you then that is a weak argument.

No, it's not weak to assume that people who spend large sums of money for specialized equipment intend to use it as much as is possible. No one rents a crane to park it in their driveway. The fact that it was intended to be flown at some point is beyond obvious.

TheRedneck

Do you stop at car sales lots when they inflate huge balloon animals and such to draw attention without ever flying them to express your concerns about how they are not flying?

link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Wow something must be screwy with one of our computers ?

The screwy part is you assumed I was talking about the protesters since you interjected yourself into a conversation where Redneck was discussing the football game and referring to it as the 'event'.

link   

Too bad they didn't fly it. Hoyt would have had a hard time slashing it then.

That's why they make shotguns.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The target was the event..

That's nice, but they never made it there so it's kind of hard to disrupt the event when they never made it to the event.

As for the location, it was reported as the intersection of 15th Street and Hacksaw Lane by another poster. The northeast block of that intersection is the University of Alabama Athletic Department campus.

There is no 'Hacksaw Lane' in Tuscaloosa and the northeast corner of the intersection in question is a bowling alley, I posted the images.

edit on 13-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

TheRedneck
So you agree with what Hoyt did?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Huh? I never said only one person would see it, just that it was directed towards one person.

I felt it was insinuated.

Otherwise, you are advocating interfering with thousands of people who are otherwise enjoying a ball game because you want to tick off a man who is obviously unmoved by the continual insults. I would like to think you are not that callous and shallow.

Is he still president while in attendance?

Otherwise, you're being dramatic and ridiculous. And you know it.

Is he never allowed to attend an event for simple enjoyment?

If so, you are being pretty despicable. Why not waterboard him while you're at it?

This is exactly why the left is losing supporters right and left. Normal people do not do that and do not like people who do do that.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

TheRedneck

I don't think Hoyt has the balls to go that far. lol

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Otherwise, you are advocating interfering with thousands of people who are otherwise enjoying a ball game

As stated earlier:

How does their right to protest infringe on your enjoyment of a game?

How?

f so, you are being pretty despicable. Why not waterboard him while you're at it?

This is exactly why the left is losing supporters right and left. Normal people do not do that and do not like people who do do that.

You liken flying a balloon to waterboarding someone?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

And perhaps that continual hounding is one reason why we have such problems in government and it is so unresponsive to the people. After all, if someone cannot go into a restaurant without every other diner being bombarded with hate, if they cannot attend a simple football game without having the hatred toward them bleeding over to the experiences of every other fan, who in their right mind would want that job? Not anyone with the American people at heart, because by taking it they are automatically excluded from being part of the American people!

Think about that... the very thing you are using to try and justify this disgrace is what is causing all the anger and injustice.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Do you stop at car sales lots when they inflate huge balloon animals and such to draw attention without ever flying them to express your concerns about how they are not flying?

No, but I have also never seen a car lot inflate a balloon a half mile from their car lot either.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Protest can be inconvenient, thats just a fact.

If people cant handle themselves in such a situation..maybe move to North Korea.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I saw your images and agreed with them even double checked it myself .

The only interference with the events I could see. Is that one block east from Monnish Park is where the free parking was at University Mall .

* Country block east lol
edit on 13-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

That's nice, but they never made it there so it's kind of hard to disrupt the event when they never made it to the event.

Oh... so if someone tries to kill you, it's OK because they didn't succeed. And we should arrest anyone who stopped them, too, right?

There is no 'Hacksaw Lane' in Tuscaloosa and the northeast corner of the intersection in question is a bowling alley, I posted the images.

My bad; I meant to say Hackberry Lane. That was the location stated earlier. 15th street is a very long road, so I suppose at some intersection there is a bowling alley on the northwest corner. I would assume that at others there is a gas station on the northwest corner. Still others might have a bail bondsman on the northeast corner.

But the intersection of 15th Street and Hackberry Lane has the University of Alabama Athletic Department on the northwest corner.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Had I been there and saw it flying, I would likely have been the one to shoot it down.

Clear enough?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I saw your images and agreed with them even double checked it myself .

The only interference with the events I could see. Is that one block east from Monnish Park is where the free parking was at University Mall .

I'm not certain of the permitting policy for the city, nor do I feel like looking it up. If they needed a permit they should have gotten one, however contrary to any claims they were not disrupting the Crimson Tide Pods football game.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Oh... so if someone tries to kill you, it's OK because they didn't succeed. And we should arrest anyone who stopped them, too, right?

Did they try to get to the Tide Pods game? Do you know this for a fact? Either way, comparing a protest to attempted murder is showing that your being an emotional hysteric about the subject.

My bad; I meant to say Hackberry Lane. That was the location stated earlier. 15th street is a very long road, so I suppose at some intersection there is a bowling alley on the northwest corner. I would assume that at others there is a gas station on the northwest corner. Still others might have a bail bondsman on the northeast corner.

But the intersection of 15th Street and Hackberry Lane has the University of Alabama Athletic Department on the northwest corner.

Wrong, it's a bakery. Try actually looing at the image, it has the business names on it.

You know what, I'll post it again for you.

And for the record, the university's athletics department is inside the campus at 323 Paul 'A Blind Man Picked My Hat' W Bryant Dr, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401.

edit on 13-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a sasquatch stole it

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

How?

You really have to ask that?

Then let me be clear:

BECAUSE I PAID MONEY TO SEE A BALL GAME AND NOT SOME BUTTHIRT ACTIVISTS!

You need to get it through your head that these constant protests over nothing are really getting on people's nerves. Keep it up and there will be worse incidents. You are acting no differently than every single dictatorship that has ever existed and been disposed by force of the people when they had enough.

No one cares anymore about your protests. We just want them to stop. And they will, one way or another.

You liken flying a balloon to waterboarding someone?

I liken your absolute lack of concern for anything resembling humanity to waterboarding.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Had I been there and saw it flying, I would likely have been the one to shoot it down.

Clear enough?

Pretty clear.

Why?

At least you admit condoning destruction of private property.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Clear enough?

TheRedneck

I would have ignored it, had a beer and a nice ribeye somewhere.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join