It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama man arrested for slashing baby Trump Balloon .

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

If that's the case in that local jurisdiction, then they must have been pretty peacefully assembling because it's pretty simple to shut something like that down if they were disturbing the peace.

I would use the terminology "relatively peacefully." There is a lot of back and forth banter among fans here. Years ago, State Troopers began attending the games en masse because every Iron Bowl inevitably led to a few deaths as fans stormed the field after the game.

When I say football is serious in Alabama, I mean football is serious. It's not life and death serious, of course... it's much more important. Yes, that's an old joke, but it actually comes close to applying.

The area outside the stadium is a literal madhouse. Even with State Troopers keeping the peace, there are still brawls on a semi-regular basis. Most are broken up quickly, the Troopers let the participants know they will spend the night in jail and miss the game if they don't straighten up, and things return to normal... but that means that someone could have smuggled in the balloon folded up, inflated it, and started to fly it before anyone noticed (and that is apparently what they tried to do). As long as they weren't rolling on the ground beating someone else in the face, no one would have noticed.

Had they managed to get that thing above the top of the stadium, though, there would likely have been a complete riot.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
So I just spent 12 pages trying to speak rationally to someone playing semantics .

No, you've spent 12 pages ignoring simple answers and easy explanations.

Which explains why she can’t give her real thoughts.

For the same reason she couldn’t answer any other question I asked .

I've answered your numerous off topic questions honestly and straightforward, along with many other posters who were also pointing out the numerous flaws in your arguments.

She can’t give an honest answer .

Again, you were the one here with honesty issues. Not I.
edit on 11/12/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I disagree completely

Then we will simply have to agree to disagree.

If a homeless person is caught bothering the patrons, they are removed from the premises. If someone planning an illegal political protest is found, shouldn't they also be removed?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

“ by anyone even the people that considerate their right to hear the position “

Meaning some people considerate there right to hear it.

Are you denying the people that think it’s the right to hear it their rights ?

Your little word game has been shut down .

Thanks for playing .

Now is this your position ?

So is it your position that if someone breaks a law in the process of expressing their self or giving their opinion.

Their position/opinion/ expression shouldn’t be acknowledged by anyone even the people that considerate their right to hear the position “?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

If it’s illegal, sure

I have not seen evidence this was illegal

And even still, whose authority does the outside parking lot belong to? Was it a protest in university owned land, or public land?

If you wanted a refund, I suppose you would have to go up to the stadium before the game, hand in your ticket and demand a refund

If it was in there property and they allowed the protest, you are not entitled to a refund, as the product they they were selling you, or wing a football game, was in no way impeded by the protest

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Did you hear about the nba and it’s star capitulating to China?

I’ll assume you did, but if not let me know and I’ll discuss it

No, I am not a fan of basketball. Thank you for bringing me up to date on what is going on, though. I had wondered.

If I go to an nba game, and a person is allowed to stand there with a sign making this political protest, am I entitled to my money back?

I would demand it, yes. And never attend another game. I haven't watched an NFL game since Kaepernick or whatever his name was started trying to make a political statement. I have laughed at sales people trying to sell me a subscription service for the NFL.

There is a place for politics, like here. There are also places to put it aside and be human for a change.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

The only person playing word games here is you

I have not seen red mane or anyone else say Hoyt doesn’t have the right to speak, and others don’t have the right to listen to him if they chose so

No one has said that

You claimed people in this thread violated his rights. Then you changed your stance and said you were wrong

Then you claimed he had a right to be heard, arguing that in post after posts as several people, myself included said he did not have that right, but only a right to speak

Then you said what you meant was that he had a right to be heard, but not listened to

Now you are saying it was people twisting your words, and you really didn’t mean he had a right to be heard

So now what is your stance, you’ve changed it so much I can’t follow

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

“So is it your position that if someone breaks a law in the process of expressing their self or giving their opinion.

Their position/opinion/ expression shouldn’t be acknowledged by anyone“.

Again with this convoluted mess. I've already answered this numerous times.

Again, no. That is not my position.

When you ask again on the next page my answer will still be no, and the page after that, it will still be no just like when you asked on the pages before this.

If someone breaks a law in the process of expressing themselves or giving their opinion, then whoever wants to listen to them is still welcome to listen to what they say, but you can't force anyone to listen to them.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I guess I just disagree

And my feeling is that you would find a hard time getting a court to agree that you are entitled to your money back because someone held up a balloon or a sign that you disagreed with during a game

But it’s really only a minor point as we both agree even if you hate the protest you have no right to destroy personal property, which is the bigger issue

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I have not seen evidence this was illegal

Read some of my previous replies. I understand other places do not think of football like we do, but trust you me, this was not a permitted protest.

And even still, whose authority does the outside parking lot belong to? Was it a protest in university owned land, or public land?

Bryant-Denny stadium is on the University of Alabama campus... which might actually have a larger area than the rest of the City of Tuscaloosa. There are two things in Tuscaloosa: the University of Alabama and a state mental asylum. Everything else supports one of those.

If it was in there property and they allowed the protest, you are not entitled to a refund, as the product they they were selling you, or wing a football game, was in no way impeded by the protest

Then there would be a fight. I might not win, but before I allow any entertainment company to allow me to be a forced participant in something I did not wish to be a part of, and expect me to pay for it, there will be a fight.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

“ by anyone even the people that considerate their right to hear the position “

Who are you quoting with your quotation marks? It certainly isn't anything I said.

Thanks for playing .

You're just playing with yourself, and the only word games are yours.

Many are just amused watching you spin yourself in circles over and over and over again. LOL

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

The only person playing word games here is you

So you didn’t know what I meant when I use the term heard ?

I have not seen red mane or anyone else say Hoyt doesn’t have the right to speak,

Yes you have i’ve showed you repeatedly here’s one example .

And you’ve never seen me agree with the position that people don’t have to listen . If you answer no you’re a liar .

For christ sake including you I’ve been the only honest person on this thread .

Then you said what you meant was that he had a right to be heard, but not listened to

Because that’s what I meant can you read my mind ?

I have dyslexia and problems with grammar if you didn’t notice which you couldn’t miss .

You feel fine exploiting that don’t you ?

Does the usage of the word “heard” apply in any other fashion other than the literal sense .

He does have the right to be heard by people that want to listen . I’m one of them are you denying me my rights ?

You moved my point to another position and then argued it against me .

My initial position is right and none of you have the balls to admit it .

All you wanna do is play word games .

I really got under your skin didn’t I ?

Good I’m going to make a mission out of it .

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

And my feeling is that you would find a hard time getting a court to agree that you are entitled to your money back because someone held up a balloon or a sign that you disagreed with during a game

It's a little more than just holding up a sign or a balloon in this case. It's injecting politics into a place where people go to get away from politics. It's like going on vacation and having the owner of the condo pipe a lecture from your boss onto every screen around so you can't get away.

There would be a fight over that, too.

But it’s really only a minor point as we both agree even if you hate the protest you have no right to destroy personal property, which is the bigger issue

Of course not. However, I doubt he'll receive very severe punishment. Even if he is charged with a felony, I doubt I could send him to jail if I were on the jury... I'd go for a small fine, just to ensure he knew it was illegal. There were extenuating circumstances that, while not justifying his actions, minimized them.

Had he done this at a political event, different story completely.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

He does have the right to be heard by people that want to listen .

That is a true statement.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Who are you quoting with your quotation marks? It certainly isn't anything I said.

I’m quoting me. But you know that because I’ve asked you this multiple times .

So here we go again

“by anyone even the people that considerate their right to hear the position “

Thanks for playing .

Now is this your position ?

So is it your position that if someone breaks a law in the process of expressing their self or giving their opinion.

Their position/opinion/ expression shouldn’t be acknowledged by anyone even the people that considerate their right to hear the position “?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This thread has the most convoluted argument over the first amendment I have ever seen.

And it is over the message that.

Republicans don't have any balls! (unless you destroy a balloon)
He is so mad he is shaking!
And... he's gonna git rowdy!

LMFAO

There is apparently a new right now that you can be heard. Just how does the government fit into that?

edit on 12-11-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I really got under your skin didn’t I ?
Good I’m going to make a mission out of it .

Ah, there it is!

The open admission that all you're trying to do is troll people. LOL

The problem is that you're not really getting under the skin. It's just amusing watching you make yourself look foolish spinning yourself dizzy in circles.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

“by anyone even the people that considerate their right to hear the position “

It doesn't concern me if people mistakenly think they have rights that don't exist. LOL

I can't deny someone something that doesn't even exist in the first place. LOL

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I know!

Too hilarious! LOL

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

No you didn’t get under my skin

You are the person claiming I am making fun of your dyslexia, making fun of my YouTube channel, saying others are ganging up on you and have a personal vendetta against you

The post you quote from liquscience is still not him saying Hoyt didn’t have a right to speak, or people who want to listen to hour don’t have the right to do so

It’s just saying to him, hoyts reasoning for his crime is null and void

I feel the exact same way

If you chose to listen to Hoyt, fine

But those who chose not to are not violating his first amendment rights

edit on 12-11-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join