It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama man arrested for slashing baby Trump Balloon .

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We said the same pretty much, just worded differently. I can't be forced to listen, but he is free to speak.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yeah, he's a bit confused about the 1st amendment, and keeps equating/conflating freedom of expression with being "heard" by others.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage
Yes, it's confusing because no one said he cannot speak, just they might not be receptive to his message. And you can't force someone to listen.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Given that it's Veterans day I'd imagine quite a few vets would laugh Hoyt out of the room if he had the nerve to claim "republican's have no balls unless they pop someone else's balloon" to them.

Most vets I know wouldn't even claim that they have balls for their active duty wartime service, but instead would say it was all the guys and gals they fought alongside who had the real balls. An overly humble bunch who know the true meaning of sacrifice and service, yet Hoyt want's to claim that the real test of a man is by popping someone else's balloon.
edit on 11/11/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Haha, I'm sure you are right.

Memorial Day for you, and Remembrance Day here.

I am truly humbled by the sacrifices our parents and grandparents made. Both my grandfathers were in the airforce, one a mechanic, the other flew Lancaster's over Germany.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The problem seems to be you are arguing against a point no one made;

You’re wrong

On the front page I told DC I viewed Hoyts actions as his expression. From that point forward no one would address my position they just want to talk about the crime .

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

So you’re saying expressing yourself isn’t a way to be heard ?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I'm saying that you're confusing two very different concepts as being one and the same. Speaking is an action that one does on their own. Being heard requires the participation of others. They are not one and the same, and no one has the right to force anyone else to listen to them.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The problem seems to be you are arguing against the point no one made

No the problem is everyone is ignoring my position and substituting their own .

This is off the front page. You should remember the post you applauded it .

Here’s my position for the entire thread. It’s kind a hard to miss because it was on the first page too.

I even brought up the Boston tea party as an example of breaking the law but doing something good.

Let me make this clear I don’t care about anybody’s opinion on whether it was a good statement or not. I’m talking about constitutional rights not feelings .

Everyone after this point that wanted to argue about the criminal action was either .

A: saying his action cost him his first amendment rights by making his expression of believes irrelevant .

Or

B: decided not to address my point but create their own and slide the topic in another direction .

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Sorry, but denying other people their right to freedom of expression does not qualify as freedom of expression for the denier.

If he wanted to slice up a baby Trump balloon as "freedom of expression", then he's free to buy one and slice away, but he doesn't get to destroy someone else's property and then claim the crime itself is protected under his freedom of expression.

You can buy and burn as many flags as you want to, but you can't go around committing arson by burning down other peoples' flag poles.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
He did not lose his 1st amendment rights, nor has anyone suggested that. He has his right to speak, people have a RIGHT to listen..or not.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

A action not words that resonates in peoples minds is being ‘heard’ . (< metaphor )

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

There you go gambler she just denied his rights .

Sorry, but denying other people their right to freedom of expression does not qualify as freedom of expression for the denier.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No, you simply don't understand the 1st amendment.

Again, you can buy and burn as many flags as you want to, but you can't go around committing arson by burning down other peoples' flag poles.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

nor has anyone suggested that

Wrong

That shows what you know about what’s going on in this thread .

You can’t even speak for yourself try not to speak for everyone else .
edit on 11-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I even brought up the Boston tea party as an example of breaking the law but doing something good.

So lets just say for an example, someone see's your vehicle with a MAGA bumper sticker on it... Then gets all triggered and decides to slash your tires. That would be a good thing right?

Because, you know... The Boston tea party.

edit on 11-11-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
You should just admit that your analogy was terrible in comparison to the others likening this to AntiFA shenanigans.

Mine was a perfect comparison, or, maybe you were under the false impression that the mediocre comedian shtick was just a cover, and KG is really a highly trained assassin who was delivering a legitimate "threat" instead of delivering a dumb form of political protest with an edgy photo shoot.

Hey, take it up with the Secret Service.

The fact of the matter is that they both sliced fake Trumps, but only one vandalized someone else's property in the process.

And they were both punished, despite that difference.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
His position is null and void to Liquisence..his/her right..right?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Let’s just say what I’ve been saying for pages. I might not like it if they did that to my car. But they can choose how to express theirself as long as they’re willing to except the consequences. Did you miss the OP and all the First Amendment stuff ?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
And they were both punished, despite that difference.

Yup, one simply got interviewed and a little media "talk of the day", and the vandal was arrested.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join