It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama man arrested for slashing baby Trump Balloon .

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I never called you a racist or implied that you're one... That term gets overused.

I was just saying the comparisons don't work. They're two very different things.

As far as popping the balloon... Thankfully it was violence. Is it the biggest deal in the world? No, it's not. I don't think it should be a felony as some suggest... Give the dude a suspended sentence for a year, make sure he's a good boy, and make him pay for the balloon.

Destroying property over politics isn't cool. It's an asshole move for people who can't tolerate opinions other than they're own.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Will you admonish these actions? I want to get you on record.

You must not have been paying attention. Such was already addressed by my earlier post.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
O

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What Hoyt did was akin to censorship.

I can't abide that. You counter speech you disagree with, with more speech, not less.

Hoyt was wrong and is no better than the Antifa morons who silence others with their acts of violence.

What the idiot did was act on a misplaced belief what slashing a balloon would somehow change anything. But by all means, High Chancellor, tell us how this man is the devil for it.

Seriously, people have been relieved of their senses. It's a joke that any of you believe a word Trump says, but even more so that you act like he is someone your best friend because you've added him on Twitter. All he has done is DIVIDE the country and place blame in the party system just to get away with lining his constituents pockets and doing whatever the hell he pleases with immunity.

He left allies to DIE and ABANDONED THEM!

Then claimed it was all part of some piss ant plan. Perhaps the French should have done the same to us when we begged them to help us in our revolution. Sadly, however, we've become the nation of whores and liars that our enemies claimed we were.

Until now, Now we have the greatest form of liar and whoremonger leading us right to our own decline as a nation by giving up that which made us who we were. Brother against brother, father against son you will all bear witness to what your ignorance reaps when harvest comes. There are far more reasons for the rest of the world to destroy this country and rebuild it than to allow the madness to continue.

I pray our children's children will be merciful, because they will most likely be the wretched raiders you see in every futuristic expression of the Apocalypse.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots, and tyrants.

That is, until big business comes along and cuts down the forest.

edit on 11-11-2019 by Knightshadowz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
What the other side won't admit here, is that if we in the previous administration and someone had flown "baby Obama" balloons... they would have been arrested themselves for "breach of the peace". Also they would have been assaulted and the balloon destroyed, and their attackers would have been lauded by the Left and the Press.

Hypocrites just can't have it both ways!

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: pyguy
they would have.... they would have... their attackers would have...
Hypocrites just can't have it both ways!

Would have. Would have. Would have.

That's not how hypocrisy works. Ya can't just project a bunch of hypothetical predictions on someone, and then declare them a hypocrite based on things that you just make up on the spot.

This absurd projection tactic and severely flawed logic seems to be becoming the norm from both sides in recent years, and it's quite a disturbing trend.
edit on 11/11/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Nope those are attacks against people and personal property.

Wasn't the balloon someones personal property?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

popping the balloon made it much more famous.

I didn't even know about it till this happened.

This guy just did the left a favor.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The sad thing is that this guy got so emotionally by the insane political rhetoric that a ballon pushed him off the edge and did something this stupid.. and, it will probably affect the rest of his life.

In the old days, before average people could obtain huge parade balloons or had the internet to give them a nationwide voice.... they resorted to editorials in their local newspapers and probably the closest thing they would come into contact with to the baby trump would have been the political cartoons in the newspapers. And the baby trump would probably be considered mild to some of those political cartoons.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

You haven’t been paying attention. I’ve repeatedly admitted it was a criminal action. My point is that just because laws were broken doesn’t mean the message shouldn’t be heard .

The Boston tea party was a criminal act at its time. Would you have wanted their message ignored in the participants locked up yes or no ?

Your other sermon has been that Hoyt denied peoples first amendment rights . I could use the word denied but I will use the word attacked .

Does that automatically censor any point he was trying to make ?

Now we’re back to where you avoid answering a direct question over the very position you’re taking .

Ten violent attacks on first amendment rights in one night . Can you condemn them as aggressively as you do Hoyt’s actions ?

Or are you going to blow it off and say that’s been addressed to try and slink out of your own righteous views ?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What Hoyt did was akin to censorship.

I can't abide that. You counter speech you disagree with, with more speech, not less.

Hoyt was wrong and is no better than the Antifa morons who silence others with their acts of violence.

I agree 100%

Destroying someone elses property because you are prtesting is wrong. End of story.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I have already admitted that countless times .

How many times are you people going to keep pushing the same point that I’ve already ceeded ?

You also avoided the essence of that post. Seems to be a lot of that going around .

edit on 11-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don’t even think you know what point I’v been trying to make for the last 12 pages . In fact there’s only been one or two people on this thread that understood it .

Describe to me what do you think my position is ?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I agree 100% destroying someone else’s property is wrong .

Now what about the statement he was trying to make. Does destroying someone else’s property automatically make that statement null and void ?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agreed.

He was a censoring idiot. Or actually, I suppose, still is a censoring idiot.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

My point is that just because laws were broken doesn’t mean the message shouldn’t be heard.

His message was heard loud and clear. Listen again for yourself if you missed it.

He went down to make a scene.

He doesn't appear to think other republicans have balls.

Watch the news.

He's fixin' ta get rowdy

He's so triggered that he's "shaking".

He's fixin' to destroy others' property.

There's your hero's message. If you "have balls", then prove it by destroying other peoples' property.

He made his point, and his message was heard so I'm not sure why you keep resorting back to claims that his message wasn't heard. His is simply a message that I can't condone, or agree with.

Ten violent attacks on first amendment rights in one night . Can you condemn them as aggressively as you do Hoyt’s actions ?

I've already condemned all violent partisan acts, but this thread is about, "Alabama man arrested for slashing baby Trump Balloon", so the focus in this thread is naturally going to be about that.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

His message was heard. Listen again for yourself if you missed it.

I’ve heard it already, now answer directly for a change. Does he have the constitutional right to make that statement despite his actions ?

Yes or no ?

I've already condemned all violent partisan acts, but this thread is about, "Alabama man arrested for slashing baby Trump Balloon", so the focus in this thread is naturally going to be about that.

Again give a straight answer not a generalization.

Did everyone who stole a Trump supporters Red Hat violate their constitutional rights yes or no ?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Does he have the constitutional right to make that statement despite his actions ?

Of course he has the right to say what he said in that video. No one has denied him that right. His actions afterward were where he went astray.

If he wants to say that to prove you "have balls" you need to destroy other peoples' property, then he can surely say it, but that doesn't make him correct, or a hero.

Did everyone who stole a Trump supporters Red Hat violate their constitutional rights yes or no ?

I've already addressed this.

originally posted by: redmage
The right to peaceful freedom of expression comes in many forms: speech, a MAGA hat, a baby Trump balloon. They all apply...

The answer is still yes.

Your partisan blinders are so thick that you can't even see occasions when someone agrees with you.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Of course he has the right to say what he said in that video. No one has denied him that right. His actions afterwords were where he went astray.

That’s been my point the entire thread . So why exactly were you debating me ?

I've already addressed this.

You vaguely addressed it. I ask you for a direct answer. Would you spend 12 pages condemning this guy’s actions like you did Hoyts ?

Remember I spent 12 pages agreeing with everyone that it was a criminal act.

Can you actually type similar words with the same clarity ?

Don’t call me partisan if you can be straight up and honest on a particular incident .

Speak out against this man if you truly hold the moral high ground .

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ignore please.
edit on 11-11-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

That’s been my point the entire thread . So why exactly were you debating me ?

Because that hasn't been your point this entire thread. You've already admitted you were trying to justify his illegal actions.

I feel that Hoyt’s action was justified because I’ve had enough of the left’s bull# .

There is no justification for his illegal action. Nothing in any of the videos that you linked make Hoyt's behavior ok. Hoyt is simply another misguided fool who is no better than any of those that you've linked.

You vaguely addressed it. I ask you for a direct answer.

There's nothing "vague" about me specifically mentioning "a MAGA hat" in that list. It was direct, but you simply glossed over it seeing only what you wanted to see.

Would you spend 12 pages condemning this guy’s actions like you did Hoyts ?

If there were a thread dedicated to it, I had the time, and someone was misguided enough to repeatedly attempt to justify that criminal activity... then it's quite possible that I would.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join