It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama man arrested for slashing baby Trump Balloon .

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
It’s the perfect comparison.

Not even close. Hoyt's actions do not even remotely resemble civil disobedience.

You consider Hoyt a evil no good criminal without constitutional rights. That should be ignored because he popped a balloon.

You have this backwards. Hoyt's actions denied the constitutional rights of others'. He felt that since they had different political views than his own that it was ok to destroy someone else's property and infringe upon their 1st amendment right to peacefully protest.
edit on 11/10/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Hat’s off Hoyt do what needs to be done and be willing to take the consequences!

Nobody’s responded to this reply but ....

I did. In my first reply, on page one, being ok with destruction of property.

Again:

Why are his actions patriotic?
edit on 10-11-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Do we really sympathize Trump supporters as much as those who fought for equal rights?

Just seems silly to me.

I think you're doing your argument a disservice just by implying such.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Or maybe by some freakish glitch in that "holographic universe" program some seem to believe...
Somewhere back in the late 1940s, or early 50s. Little baby trump has been found with an unexplained knifewound in his back and this strange electronic device in his hand and the shockwave of the sudden reality shift will hit any moment now. Maybe I will wake up tomorrow in a world where our advancement in electronics will be 70 years more advanced and no one knows who trump is or that some loon popped a trump baby balloon..

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The guy that slashed a balloon broke the law doesn’t matter how he broke the law he broke it .

Rosa Parks broke the law . A completely unjust law but it was still a law at the time .

Was Hoyt denied equal rights?

Is the law Hoyt violated unjust?

Are you seriously equating civil disobedience and the civil rights movement with a butthurt Trump supporter who wanted to cause a scene by destroying the property of a lawful protester?

Are you seriously equating colonists rebelling against a government for taxation without representation with a butthurt dumbass destroying property to "cause a scene?"

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I didn’t imply anything. You implied racism by trying to scold me ..

Why are you concentrating on Rosa Parks and not the Boston tea party it was another example. Or does it make you feel better to treat me like a racist over a innocent comparision.

I’m asking is someone‘s position unworthy to be heard because they broke the law ?

Does breaking the law make your act of defiance null and void ?

Please don’t give me the same tired comparison I’ve been hearing from the peanut gallery because it’s a cop out .

“popping a balloon is horrendous when compared with civil disobedience” !!!!!😱

The law is the law and if someone need’s to make exceptions they don’t have a position they have a sermon .

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Lol

Thank you that was the first laugh I’ve had this whole thread . 👍

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

But when I got my paper if he got in my face and screamed Nazi for three years!!!!!!

I would have no problem knocking his teeth down his throat consequences be damned.

Out of curiosity, over the last three years, how many people have walked up to you, got in your face, and actually screamed NAZI? Has even one person done this at all to you?

Out of curiosity how many people over the last three years have popped your baby Trump balloon ?
edit on 10-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I’m asking is someone‘s position unworthy to be heard because they broke the law ?

Does breaking the law make your act of defiance null and void ?

Quoted Here:

If his actions were because he was butthurt Trump was being made fun of and wanted to "make a scene" by destruction of private property, then yes, his position or statement are, by default, null and void.

The law is the law and if someone need’s to make exceptions they don’t have a position they have a sermon .

Correct. He broke the law, he was charged. If you try to make an exception for his criminal behavior based on his "position" or supposed "statement" it's not a position. It's your sermon on why you think his criminal behavior it right.

Because stickin' it to the lefties or something.

Again:

Why are his actions patriotic?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Not even close. Hoyt's actions do not even remotely resemble civil disobedience.

You’ve said that before twice I think . 🤦‍♂️

So your sermon is that it’s OK to break some laws but not others and your first amendment rights apply . I addressed that position in one of my above replies . Take a look .

BTW didn’t deny anyone their constitutional rights. They got the chant they got to raise their balloon. You deny constitutional rights by preventing someone to speak or protest in case you didn’t now .

Here’s how constitutional rights are silenced. Show me some right wingers doing this .

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Dbl

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Except that civil disobedience is quite at odds with criminal destruction of property.

Here’s how constitutional rights are silenced.

There is no Constitutional right to destroy private property.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Your failure to answer implies that over the last three years no one has walked up to you, got in your face, and actually screamed NAZI. That's what I was guessing, but your inability to answer confirms it.

You’ve said that before twice I think . 🤦‍♂️

Yet you still keep making the same illogical comparison attempting to justify illegal activity.

So your sermon is that it’s OK to break some laws but not others and your first amendment rights apply . I addressed that position in one of my above replies . Take a look .

I saw that, "The law is the law and if someone need’s to make exceptions they don’t have a position they have a sermon.", and yet you keep trying to make exceptions for Hoyt so you admit that you don’t have a position; you just have a sermon, so again you have things backwards with your accusations.

BTW didn’t deny anyone their constitutional rights. They got the chant they got to raise their balloon. You deny constitutional rights by preventing someone to speak or protest in case you didn’t now .

The right to peaceful freedom of expression comes in many forms: speech, a MAGA hat, a baby Trump balloon. They all apply, and Hoyt infringed on their 1st amendment rights when he destroyed their property which was a part of their peaceful protest. Sorry, but your understanding of the 1st is mistaken.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Half post

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Your failure to answer implies that over the last three years no one has walked up to you, got in your face, and actually screamed NAZI. That's what I was guessing, but your inability to answer confirms it.

No my failure to answer is from overestimating your abilities by thinking that you would be familiar with the term analogy .

My bad

Yet you still keep making the same illogical comparison attempting to justify illegal activity.

They were both illegal activities that’s why they both got arrested .

I saw that, "The law is the law and if someone need’s to make exceptions they don’t have a position they have a sermon.", and yet you keep trying to make exceptions for Hoyt so you admit that you don’t have a position; you just have a sermon, so again you have things backwards with your accusations.

🤦‍♂️

Are you drunk ?

My whole comparison is they both broke the law but they still should be listened to .

^^^^ in the last quote you tried to make exceptions. Which is prove positive you’ve got a sermon along with no idea on earth what you’re talking about .

The right to peaceful freedom of expression comes in many forms: speech,

Which is worse popping a balloon or chemical assault ?

a MAGA hat,

Yeaaah about that .

a baby Trump balloon.

The balloon has been flown many many times in France, Argentina, Ireland, America and Denmark. And to have been popped . And you treat it like the Hindenburg . “ oh the humanity “!!!!

They all apply, and Hoyt infringed on their 1st amendment rights when he destroyed their property which was a part of their peaceful protest. Sorry, but your understanding of the 1st is mistaken.

By your standard everytime an American flag is burned or a MAGA hat is snatched that’s a violation of Trump supporters First Amendment rights ?

Correct ?

The difference between you and I is.

I don’t feel so needy and desperate to make a point like that .

Because it’s not really a point.

That guy stole my hat or that guy popped my balloon !!!!

Doesn’t meet my standard of violating anybody’s first amendment rights.

The only standard it meets is being a asshole.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

quote]The right to peaceful freedom of expression comes in many forms: speech,

Which is worse popping a balloon or chemical assault ?

a MAGA hat,

Yeaaah about that .

a baby Trump balloon.

The balloon has been flown many many times in France, Argentina, Ireland, America and Denmark. And to have been popped . And you treat it like the Hindenburg . “ oh the humanity “!!!!

They all apply, and Hoyt infringed on their 1st amendment rights when he destroyed their property which was a part of their peaceful protest. Sorry, but your understanding of the 1st is mistaken.

By your standard everytime an American flag is burned or a MAGA hat is snatched that’s a violation of Trump supporters First Amendment rights ?

Correct ?

The difference between you and I is.

I don’t feel so needy and desperate to make a point like that .

Because it’s not really a point.

That guy stole my hat or that guy popped my balloon !!!!

Doesn’t meet my standard of violating anybody’s first amendment rights.

The only standard it meets is being a asshole.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The right to peaceful freedom of expression comes in many forms: speech,

Which is worse popping a balloon or chemical assault

Assault is not protected speech or free expression.

Neither is destruction of property.

Again:

What make his actions patriotic?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Are you drunk ?

Judging by your track record of projection when it comes to accusations in this thread, and the formatting of these last two posts, I can only assume that this is an admission of your being intoxicated at the moment.

I'll give you time to sober up, and/or fix your formatting to something comprehensible.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You must be a liberal. Because that was a joke and you didn’t get it .

You’ve been crying violated there first amendment .... first amendment !!!

Evil orange man supporter violated there First amendment...... first amendment

Here’s 10 instances of violent not petty violation of first amendment rights all in one night.

Will you admonish these actions? I want to get you on record.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Here we go this guy was hit with a stun gun and almost dragged out of a McDonald’s drive-through window . Because he voted for Trump .

He couldn’t even ask customers what they wanted for dinner !!!

McFirst amendment rights violation !!!

Eat mor chikin

Does everyone who was so adamant earlier condemn this violation of his constitutional rights ?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join