It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private school vs. Public (re: specifically Wayland Academy)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Note to the Mods, I have no intentions of violating t&c by asking about a specific place. This is a global forum and the school I am looking at has students from 26 countries. Given the wide berth of ATS, I am hoping to connect with other parents that may have experience with this school.

Hello Moms and Dads! I just had a fantastic visitors day at Wayland Academy and was looking for any advice or guidance for our family and expectations moving forward. I mostly lurk here, but I have been part of the ATS community for several years and respect the opinions here more than my own community(sadly to say). It is a global private school. Perhaps someone has an experience that could help us connect.

We are starting a little early, with the oldest enrolling in fall of '21, granted he gets accepted. Our children will be day students. We live close enough to the school to do that and also host boarding students for holidays. So, I suppose I was just sending a random shout out there to the ATS family to see if anyone was sending their kids or Knew anyone.
Thanks!

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: frayedknot

On paper it looks good 220 students,1 teacher for every 7 students and an average class size of 13,the alumni tend to be mostly in government/pubic service so if thats their calling Id say it looks ok.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thank You! I know! I am so excited for my kids!!a reply to: khnum

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Maybe try to connect with the parents at the school.

a reply to: frayedknot

edit on 10-11-2019 by hombero because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2019 by hombero because: (no reason given)

top topics

join