It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A closer look at Trumps next war and the history behind it

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: byteshertz

A war that will never happen, not his next war. He hasn't started a single conflict in office and he wont. It's against how he runs his presidency. With the amount of drama, problems, and strength of opposition that's only going to get worse in 2020, why and how could he start a war on cartels in Mexico?

U.S. troops violating Mexican sovereignty? Mexico's President already said no war, war doesn't work on the cartels. That statement is likely bs but it is what it is. There will be no war, I thought that was obvious. Then again, if you go by his every word, you might think it's going to happen but if you do, you haven't been following his statements well enough because he talks alot and it's impulsive influenced by emotion and personal beliefs.

Not saying it isn't necessary, not saying it wouldn't solve the problem, I'm saying you won't see it happen. Much like the wall that only a tiny amount has been built of and is entirely dependent on his re-election. If he wins, a wall. If he doesn't, no wall.

I have no idea who will win the election and not surprisingly, I have no favorites. Trump supporters are convinced he will and liberals are convinced he wont. They're all very confident in that 1-3% difference in the result though. They'd present a detailed argument as to why it's in the bag for their side.
edit on 10-11-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

They would probably be the ones that should stay the heck away from narcotics, to be honest.

I'm in that bracket myself, i could not go back to that existence, i would simply go nuts again, or worse.

Humanity's mental issues are not just going to miraculously disappear should we remove drugs from our shelves all the same.

You're not throwing money at anything, you taking away a worldwide criminal enterprise and replacing it with one that generates revenue via Taxation.

You're also removing the monies that go to on fund far more horrendous acts of depravity like Human trafficking for instance.

It's not a complete solution, but if some people could lose the moral high ground, its a better deal than the one that's currently doing the rounds.

Gaols will be half empty to boot, with no drug dealers to grace their halls, that's another plus point.
edit on 10-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Gaols will be half empty to boot, with no drug dealers to grace their halls, that's another plus point.

What are gaols ?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Jail, penitentiary, the big house.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I did not disagree with your points, just the genres.

Mexico's president can not openly accept help from the US.

Does not mean he has not...politics. That said, the US military will not, as I stated, become involved overtly.

mg

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Alcohol not devastating? Thats a freaking joke. More familys have been split up by alcohol than any other drug but since it's legal it can't be that bad right.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nuke em all!!! Wow the audacity to think you can solve problems with bombs.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Personally, for several years I've firmly believed that we should take on the cartels. This one family has little to do with that opinion. Mexico is one of the world's most violent countries.

As a country we love to talk about our humanitarian military interventions, but here we leave our neighbors to rot in their own violent filth. Why have we neglected those people for so long if we truly care about our humanitarian missions?

I don't think we'll be "standing up to them". I think it'll be more like punching down. However, in case I'm wrong, and they are a contender I'm a little nervous how it'll go for those of us who live in border states.

Either way, it needs to be done. All the mass graves that are found, the kidnappings, the corruption, the killing of innocents, the human trafficking, the slaughtering of entire families to prove points... even the occasional IED found in America, not to mention their operations deep inside the United States.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just want to apologize to those of you who were waiting for the rest of my post. I have it saved on my computer, which has officially kicked the bucket (almost a dog ate my homework excuse, I know).

It is a real shame too, because I can see a few of the crowd already have their internet warrior vests on.. and I had so much more to offer. There I was with a well researched and detailed post ready to go, but I didn't even need to bother, because the worms already came out of the woodwork!

Funny how many hang out on a conspiracy site to be informed but all they listen to is their own view. Haha, they seem to miss the part where I simply said, both sides have blood on their hands (fact) then said I will leave it to you to make up your mind. Anyway, I don't really care about snowflakes and trolls.

But, just for the record: I don't like cartels, I don't like religious nuts, I don't like left, I don't like right, I don't like things about the US and I don't like things about Mexico.
I hate you all equally...

With love,
byteshertz

PS: Thanks to all who shared their view in a constructive way, whatever view it was.
edit on 10-11-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

hey good idea , then can we just build a wall around america since its a threat to everyone else in the world ?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

WMD's in Iraq, eh? Well, this time it's Mexico. Why don't you end the War on Drugs and dissolve the CIA for good? That might actually be a real blow dealt to the cartels. Pun intended.

The “logistical coordinator” for a top Mexican drug-trafficking gang that was responsible for purchasing the CIA torture jet that crashed with four tons on coc aine on board back in 2007 has told the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in Chicago that he has been working as a U.S. government asset for years. Jesus Vicente Zambada Niebla is the son of Ismael “El Mayo” Zambada Garcia, one of the top kingpins of the Sinaloa drug-trafficking organization.

I. Top Mexican Drug Lord: 'I Trafficked Cocaine For the U.S. Government'

Juarez, Mexico - The US Central Intelligence Agency and other international security forces "don't fight drug traffickers", a spokesman for the Chihuahua state government in northern Mexico has told Al Jazeera, instead "they try to manage the drug trade".

Mexican official: CIA 'manages' drug trade

Allegations of CIA drug trafficking

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

has it actually been that long since 9/11 and Iraq that the public have collectively forgotten about the yellow cake scandal ?

is there yellow cake in mexico now ?

or have they got intel on a dirty bomb ?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Tricky question, treacherous highlander!

Is there any scandal that hasn't been ignored for cheap political gains, the politics of fear and this nice Forever War we've got on our oh-so civilized hands?

Yellow cake and dirty bombs or not. This looks like good old populism to me after those Amerians died in Mexico. Plus it's somewhat of a solid second episode of The Refugees from Oz, only this time it's about saving Oz from "itself". Pretty much the good old supreme, supreme paternalist Bollocks I'd expect.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

yeh , I mean we think the world leaders arent friends by the way they all diss each other on twitter hahah
thanks to donald trump we have them all getting into twitter now , dont know if thats good or bad.
But doesnt it strike you as weird that they always pretend they are enemies just to make us pick a side and remain divided
yet they are all probably planning it all out like some really elaborate game of thrones end game writing stuff
I dunno , but I think there are no natural enemies just created ones to keep us from uniting as one species.

In any case , yes you are 100% right , they never miss an opportunity to turn a scandal into a win for them
any scandal comes up they keep hold of it and when something even worse happens they drop a scandal to make us scoff or gasp at how bad it is and we are like yeh what was that you were saying about war , disease, famine
there are celebs on tv eating each others breast implants (something wild like that)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join