It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock movie review.... The Hitman's Bodyguard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I actually have had this one sitting around for a while(a movie I got on disc from a christmas or two ago, yes I have actual real people in my life that give me gifts).

Anyway, finally got around to watching it.

Typical action movie, buddy flick with a mismatched pair. The real draw to me is of course the leads, Sam J and Ryan R. I find those two to have great(individual/general) on screen presence so it seemed like a decent pairing for a popcorn action flick.

In the end, it was pretty average, but delivered. While not the best pairing, or story, it held it's own with plenty of action scenes and of course the banter between the two leads being amusing enough to get you through the 2 hour film.

A rent or stream recommendation for sure, don't know if there is much rewatchability to it though. I've seen better pairings from actors I like less(The Nice Guys, with the other Ryan and I'm NO Crowe fan).

Overall, it's good entertainment, just what a movie is supposed to be. If you haven't seen it and like EITHER of the leads it's something worth catching. If you are just an action fan it's storyline is written well enough to actually care about the outcome.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Definitely a movie worth watching IMO.

New movies have been preety few and far for quality... And this one is nothing spectacular, but it was entertaining and worth the view.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Definitely a movie worth watching IMO.

New movies have been preety few and far for quality... And this one is nothing spectacular, but it was entertaining and worth the view.

I agree, hollywood has exponentially # the bed over the last few years.

People just want entertainment, with the actors they "like".

I like these actors and the film is entertaining. I don't have to make flow charts after watching it and figure out all the hidden messages and political/social relevance.

It's actually a simple formula, that social media has ruined.

Like I said, if you like sam, like ryan and like action. It delivers a solid bit of entertainment.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I saw this in theatre with my Mom and we both thoroughly enjoyed it for exactly what it was. Entertaining schlock.

It was mindless entertainment through and through.

And I'll go back to see The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard expecting the exact same thing and will laugh my ass off at it and the wonderful Salma Hayek who was the hidden gem of the first movie

new topics

top topics

join