It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three articles of impeachment currently being considered

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Here are the three:

First one:

""This quid pro quo, which several witnesses have already documented, could provide the basis for an article of impeachment for abuse of power by Trump. "

"The committees are investigating a July 25, 2019, phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. In that call, Trump made $400 million in military aid, Javelin missiles and a meeting between the two presidents all contingent on Zelensky investigating the 2016 hacking of the Democratic National Committee and digging up dirt on Joe Biden and his son, Hunter."

Second one:

"The cover-up of the call, which was attempted by moving the records of it to a secret server, could be the foundation for a second article of impeachment for obstruction of justice. "

Third one:

"And the presidential orders to witnesses to disobey subpoenas to testify in the impeachment inquiry could constitute a third article of impeachment for obstruction of the impeachment inquiry."

"The Constitution gives Congress the “sole Power of Impeachment.” Yet President Donald Trump has ordered all of his current and former senior advisers to defy congressional subpoenas to testify in the impeachment inquiry. Trump is claiming the subpoenaed witnesses have “absolute immunity” against civil or criminal liability for refusal to provide testimony. However, “absolute immunity” is a creation of the Department of Justice’s Office of Legal Counsel. No court, statute or constitution has ever recognized it."

The Republican Response:

1. Denial. It's all made up by the Democrats and none of it is true. Nothing to see here.
2. Some Republicans acknowledge the quid pro quo but then go on to say it does not rise to the level of an impeachable offense
3. Democrats are the ones who really are corrupt breaking federal laws (but no evidence is given other than mud-slinging opinions)

Trump’s Order to Defy Subpoenas Is Itself Grounds for Impeachment

I think Trump broke federal laws. I think Trump's problem is his disdain for all things related to government and his belief as president he has “absolute immunity” caused Trump to be so reckless with his behavior.

Maybe Trump is innocent and we just haven't heard the right testimony that would clear him. Although Republicans have stated their upset by not be able to choose their own witnesses to testify this doesn't prevent anyone from being quoted in defense of Trump.

I agree with the Republicans we can't trust the media not to spin a story in either direction. This why I think it is so important witnesses are forced to testify under oath with thread of jail time form perjury.

What happens if you lie to Congress

Well, whatever happens, it will be up to members of the Senate to decide assuming the House passes an impeachment vote in a couple of weeks.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Only the liberal left is looney enough to say

"We want Trump impeached for quid pro quo!!!!"

( a THEN VICE president Biden has clear case of quid pro quo and brags about it, also clear that he and his son were recieving money)

"We want Biden to run for president!!!!"

you cant make up this sort of stupidity.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
( a THEN VICE president Biden has clear case of quid pro quo and brags about it, also clear that he and his son were recieving money)

I would not expect the Democrats to roll over and die. If Trump is stupid enough to give the Democrats this much rope its his own damn fault!

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So foreign aid can never be contingent on anything ever again.

The retarded pants-pissing attempts to impeach over "quid pro quo" just goes to show the utter lack of anything that the leftist assholes have.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The democrats are going to need more than Trump using presidential powers to successfully convict him in the court of public opinion.

-Everything we do with every foreign power is a quid pro quo. Whether it is refueling a coast guard cutter in Gibraltar or letting the Dutch train with our OPFOR crews, it is all a quid pro quo. When is it NOT? When we are at war with someone.

So, Prove it was a quid pro, or that the Ukrainians took Trump up on his offer. It doesn't sound like they did, and still got their aid. So if he never stopped the money, even when the Ukes defied him, how did trump actually commit a quid pro quo? Did his son get paid $85,000 per month for it????

-Trump is the President. His persons of hench can classify phone records any way they want. for any reason they want. It's what 'chief executive' means. The dems are going to need more than that Trump keeps acting like he's the president or something.

"Trump is guilty of acting like he thinks he's president."

"Also in the news: There's a place six feet down, that you go when you die. Details at eleven."

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

FYI, your thread is a duplicate of one I started, a couple days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, by all means, carry on!

We'll have another impeachment thread to rub Democrats faces in, when the Senate acquits the best President America has had since Ronald Regan.

edit on 11/9/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Nope, not even if 100% justified by some very juicy blackmail material.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I would not expect the Democrats to roll over and die. If Trump is stupid enough to give the Democrats this much rope its his own damn fault!

he gave em enough rope alright lmao

To hang themselves!

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Why not mention your heroine and give her credit !!!! 🤣

Halaaalaaalaaa 🤣

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The retarded pants-pissing attempts to impeach over "quid pro quo" just goes to show the utter lack of anything that the leftist assholes have.

Quid pro quo to server American interests is not the same thing as a quid pro quo for a politician's own personal benefit.

RE; assholes

You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

FYI, your thread is a duplicate of one I started, a couple days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, by all means, carry on!

You are right.

edit on 9-11-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
DNC/Crowdstrike is the real QpQ 🤣

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Can you say Dunham report?

Game up

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Quid pro quo to server American interests is not the same thing as a quid pro quo for a politician's own personal benefit.

Oh Bull spit!

If a foreign policy is successful, then it serves in the politicians own personal benefit because they can use that to campaign.

JESUS!

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Can you say Dunham report?

I'm not familiar with the Dunham report.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Still waiting for proof Joe has won the not yet held primary you know the one that would make him Trump's rival for the presidency and making qpq legit. Currently all he does is talk to walls sniff hair and forget where he is at, throw in the fact that he has been rejected before from being the candidate it makes this nothing more than an "Orange man bad" thread with no substance. PERIOD Sorry Hilliarhea has turned into TDS there are cures available but big pharma will not tell you how much they cost

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Well said!
edit on 9-11-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Oh Bull spit!

If a foreign policy is successful, then it serves in the politicians own personal benefit because they can use that to campaign.

I can see your point. But I'm not 100% convinced. But I do see your point.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Oh Bull spit!

I can see your point. But I'm not 100% convinced. But I do see your point.

We really do like your perseverance, and we like you too.
Don't go away after Trump smokes the left. We will miss you!
edit on 9-11-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyFox

Still waiting for proof Joe has won the not yet held primary you know the one that would make him Trump's rival for the presidency and making qpq legit.

This has nothing to do with why this is a controversial. The phone conversation has the appearance of a shake-down and a quid-pro-quo type political corruption. Many people say it doesn't. But many people think it does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join