It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN......they keep on trying

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Jim Jordan has been temporarily moved to the Intel community prior to the so called impeachment hearings.

www.cnn.com...

Headline: Referee says he complained to Jim Jordan about sexual misconduct by Ohio State athletics department doctor, lawsuit alleges.

CNN runs this as one of their headlines. Obvious smear campaign is obvious. Checked a few other sites and didn't see this as a headline anywhere else but CNN and MSN news. The story is on NBC news, but you have to scroll down to find it...CNN runs it as one of their headlines

Hours after the move is announced, this story runs. Pure coincidence I am sure.

Discuss.

Please note that these allegations have been addressed repeatedly before, but now it's new news!
edit on 9-11-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I do not watch CNN and this story has been on and off for over a month on the news channels I do watch.

Its not new.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Lawsuit filed Thursday, Issue must have not been too bad!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
From the article on CNN:

The lawsuit, filed in Ohio federal court by 43 men who claim they were "sexually assaulted, abused, molested and/or harassed by Dr. Strauss," is filed against OSU alone and has no individual defendants.

hmmmm... no individual defendants....but yet Jordan's name is plastered all over it. Surely it is pure coincidence.....right?

A college wrestling referee says former Ohio State University athletic team doctor Richard Strauss masturbated in front of him inside a locker room shower in the mid-1990's, according to a new lawsuit filed against the school.

Lawsuit filed after approximately 25 years.......

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I deleted my CNN app months ago. I don’t need one sided news.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

CNN runs this as one of their headlines. Obvious smear campaign is obvious. Checked a few other sites and didn't see this as a headline anywhere else but CNN and MSN news.

It’s been well known for a long time that Jim Jordan covered up sexual abuse at Ohio State.

Am I missing something?

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
double post
edit on 9-11-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Who is Jim Jordan?

Honestly don't know.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

House Oversight Committee Ranking Member Jim Jordan has been assigned by Republican leadership to serve on the House Intelligence Committee so he can participate in questioning in the open Trump impeachment hearings starting next week.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

CNN runs this as one of their headlines. Obvious smear campaign is obvious. Checked a few other sites and didn't see this as a headline anywhere else but CNN and MSN news.

It’s been well known for a long time that Jim Jordan covered up sexual abuse at Ohio State.

Am I missing something?

High dollar University Athletics isn't about keeping your kids safe, justice or academics...it's about money and winning at all cost and that includes dopeing and steroids. College athletics is as much an industry as Professional sports. As a freelance media whore, I've worked the bowl games. The money is obscene even for us low level grips and perab ops.

www.espn.com...

edit on 9-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Seems to me that if Lori Laughlin and Felicity Huffman are in the news, I don't see why this college sports sex scandal, involving Jim Jordon, a US Representative, shouldn't be.

edit on 9-11-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

i will assume that you missed this from the report

Jordan has previously denied knowing about allegations of sexual abuse at Ohio State. And he did again Friday. "Congressman Jordan never saw or heard of any kind of sexual abuse, and if he had he would've dealt with it. Multiple investigations have confirmed this simple fact," a spokesperson from his office said in a statement Friday.

and this

The plaintiffs in the lawsuit do not list Jordan or Hellickson as one of the 20 named "OSU employees with authority to take corrective action to address it" who were notified about Strauss' alleged sexual harassment.

so the question is why bring his name ?

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Jordan has previously denied knowing about allegations of sexual abuse at Ohio State. And he did again Friday. "Congressman Jordan never saw or heard of any kind of sexual abuse, and if he had he would've dealt with it.

...Because, a witness just testified, under oath, that Jim Jordon not only knew of it, he was present for at least one incident.

Allegedly Jim Jordan was not only told about the sexual harassment of male athletes when he was a coach. One past student is saying on the record Jordan was present as the doctor and other male teachers showered, excessively soaped their genitals and masturbated in the presence of the young men. Jim Jordan saw it happening because he was in the shower as well.

www.dailykos.com...

Someone is lying.

“If Rep. Jordan knew that wrestlers at Ohio State were being sexually abused and did nothing, he is at some level liable for the abuse the victims endured. It is Jim Jordan’s word against several witnesses, and if they are telling the truth, Jordan’s political career should be finished.”

www.politicususa.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It's a case of he said...she said so to speak.

It has no merit in a court of law without collaborating evidence.....in other words...a written letter or something to that effect.

If you go to a legal court and tell the judge I told so and so at this time about this........ then so and so says that never happened.....without some sort of evidence, it gets tossed on lack of merit.

Now they could try and take it to a civil lawsuit.....but it would still be very hard to win a verdict based on simply what you claim with no evidence to support it.

In other words, you are correct, someone is lying......and no one knows who except Jim Jordan himself.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Allegedly

and

If

are no proof of anything

ETA: never forget The 14th amendment
edit on 9 11 2019 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It has no merit in a court of law without collaborating evidence.....in other words...a written letter or something to that effect.

It's in a court of law, right now. And, there are like 53 witnesses.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Are first hand witnesses "no proof"?

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

"If Rep. Jordan knew that wrestlers at Ohio State were being sexually abused and did nothing, he is at some level liable for the abuse the victims endured. It is Jim Jordan’s word against several witnesses"

IF is the biggest two letter word in English.

Several people said..... problem is they all making claims independent of each other.... they have no proof.

If you had 3 people who claimed that as a group, they made these claims at the same time together and could back each other up as being witness to the others allegations that they told Jim Jordan this or that ... you might get somewhere.

Innocent until proven guilty.....so easily forgotten.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It's not even that Jim Jordon is saying that he wasn't a witness to the incidents he's said to have seen. Now, he's saying that he didn't believe that those incidents were "abusive"!

Get that! His excuse, that he did nothing, was that he didn't think those actions equaled sexual abuse.

What if it was your son?

He deserves all the scrutiny this lawsuit brings him.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I didnt see any first hand witnesses, I might have missed that so could you please refer me to a link

and if you cant then again

The plaintiffs in the lawsuit do not list Jordan or Hellickson as one of the 20 named "OSU employees with authority to take corrective action to address it" who were notified about Strauss' alleged sexual harassment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join