It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I did it.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not into unshaved pits I see....

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not even Brad pitts. . .

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
LOL good for you enjoy it!!!

My hubby is working out of state. I took Monday off. 3 day weekend of doing nothing but reading, watching movies and eating whatever I want.

Well, and dealing with the devil puppy, so that kinda sucks a little, but otherwise, the perfect weekend!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ketsuko

Kets, take care of that shoulder!

As for my reading this weekend?

Dr. Sleep by Stephen King
Blue Moon by Lee Child
Target Rich Environment by Larry Correia

Ah ... I'd love to spend my time reading. I just need to figure out how to hold and read the book left handed only. I can hold it with the left, but turning pages is what has me stumped.

Anyhow ... take care of yourself. Working 12 hours with pneumonia is a fool's errand. It won't just go away, not even when you're young, and we all know you're not a spring chicken. So take your time, get plenty of sleep, and just relax. Let your body spent 12+ hours killing the bad buggers instead of keeping you going for the corporate overlords.

We are getting my computer set up with the peripherals left-handed. My time here will be limited. I just don't enjoy typing hunt and peck with my left that much, but I can play RimWorld and Planet Zoo pretty much exclusively with my mouse, and I've been working left-handed for a couple of months now. It just hurts my right arm too much to mouse right-handed. So I'll be dropping by and making short and clunky replies, but mostly I'll be playing computer games and binge watching The Last Ship, Babylon 5, and FarScape.
edit on 9-11-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

How were you injured?

I had a bad shoulder for years before doing any PT. As soon as the therapy started to "take", I realized how much of a handicap it had been, and the extent to which ancillary muscles were compensating.

Best wishes in healing.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

How were you injured?

I had a bad shoulder for years before doing any PT. As soon as the therapy started to "take", I realized how much of a handicap it had been, and the extent to which ancillary muscles were compensating.

Best wishes in healing.

Honestly, our best guess (mine and the physical therapists') is that it's a combo of my athletic wear and tear in my youth (softball, basketball, throwing in track and field for pentathlons and heptathlons, and the attendant weight lifting, plus any falls and injuries I wasn't aware of) possibly one bad fall as a small child that might have damaged the joint, and me being generally double jointed across my shoulders. Then I spent years being ill with chronic migraine, being a mother, and generally letting myself go to seed. I recently started light calisthenics in the mornings with my kiddo in a bid to get back in some semblance of shape, and it just went bad on me.

So best guess is that the joint was weak already and the activity caused it to sort of fall apart and nope on out of there.

I didn't have to get all the work done on it, but if I gave up some of what I was doing, I was back to doing nothing which really isn't much of an option.

So we repair it.
edit on 9-11-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Dr. Sleep by Stephen King -Just starting it. . . .

Blue Moon by Lee Child - another great Jack Reacher book! Finished it!

Target Rich Environment by Larry Correia - shorts by Larry Correia, a great book, ties in with the Monster Hunters Universe.
edit on 9-11-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I always found Stephen King to be a bit wordy. He tends to meander around and them suddenly get to the point and go actiony at the last third.

It only works if he can hook you with the words early on. The only books of his that have managed that for me are The Stand and It.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

My bride read the book before I did, she said it was worthy of his older work.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join