It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Impeachment Articles Against President Trump. Republican Strategy will be Operation Boomerang.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thursday, November 7, 2019

Since the current Impeachment inquiry against President Trump is based on a Democrat fabrication (aka "a lie"), this thread is being placed in the Mud-Pit, instead of a serious ATS forum.

So..here we go. The Democrat-controlled U.S. House has narrowed down their potential Articles of Impeachment to:

1.) Abuse of Power by President Trump.
-and-
2.) Obstruction of Congress by President Trump.
-and-
3.) Obstruction of Justice by President Trump.

House Democrats are considering as many as three articles of impeachment against the president as the inquiry moves along.

Top Democrat lawmakers could reportedly charge President Trump with an abuse of power for allegedly pressuring Ukraine to investigate the Bidens.

They’re also looking into an obstruction of Congress charge for the administration’s refusal to comply with subpoenas for records and witness testimony.

An obstruction of justice charge in relation to the Mueller probe is also being considered.

“What the president did, vis-a-vis the president of Ukraine, just removed all doubt that we had to act upon that,” stated Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi. “This is about the Constitution — this is about defending our democracy!”

SOURCE: www.oann.com...

House Intelligence Committee minority leader DEVIN NUNES said today that Republicans first witnesses will be able to discredit House Intel Committee Chairman ADAM SCHIFF, and expose the JOE and HUNTER BIDEN Quid-Quo-Pro, along with Joe Biden corruption in general.

The Republican list of witnesses will be submitted before the Saturday 11/9/2019 11:00am deadline, given by chairman Schiff. Schiff will then either approve or deny them on a witness-by-witness basis, before the public Impeachment Inquiry hearings begin, on Wednesday 11/13/2019.

Personally, I'm hoping Rudy Giuliani will be one of the witnesses requested by Republicans. But IMO, there's probably a +90% chance that Adam Schiff will not allow Mr. Giuliani as a witness. He has tons of evidence against Joe/Hunter Biden.

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/7/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Trump doesn't care and why should he. Raised large bags of coin off this thing and Biden and Hunter are now an over flowing dirty diaper. It's not even seeping out the elastic. It's a bull blown busted diaper. No way they recover from it.

One of the craziest political maneuvers I have ever seen. Go after a President while also shooting your own front runner (and his son) in the back and then tazing them in the back of the head for good measure.

I have no idea how this strategy is even a strategy. I imagine it is like power breaking your car until there is no tread left then getting out and blaming it on Firestone.
edit on 7-11-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Theater of the absurd- particularly since removal has zero chance.

But the left will think they've done something meaningful, other than waste the public's time.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Let's "see" what Schiff actually "does" with the Republican witness lists ....

Adam Schiff says Republicans must justify impeachment hearing witnesses

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff on Thursday released a tightened set of guidelines over what potential witnesses can be called in the impeachment hearings, saying Republicans must justify their relevance according to a three-point criteria.

The California Democrat, in a letter to Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the ranking member of the committee, formally asked for the GOP members’ requests for witnesses they would like to call for next week’s public hearings.

The narrowed-scope of the questions, first obtained by Politico, are:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

But the left will think they've done something meaningful, other than waste the public's time.

The right would do exactly the same thing. This is hardball politics. What do you expect the left to do roll over and die.

This whole thing is Trump's own fault for doing his quid pro quo open for all to see. This is what happens when you have an non-professional politician pretending he can be as politically savvy as the professionals.

edit on 7-11-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
Oh the senate will

And now the barr is so low and precedent has been set for bs whistleblowers

😁

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They have to prove abuse of power and obstruction... to the Senate.

Buhahahaha!!!!

That's all they have now?

All three charges relative to the political bias of the Congress.

I'm actually amazed at how far the Democratic party has sunk.

The charges coming must be really damning against them if THIS is their hill to die on.

I look forward to a Republican majority in the House in 2020 so we can finally get actual legislature that is good for Americans started up again.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Let's "see" what Schiff actually "does" with the Republican witness lists ....

Adam Schiff says Republicans must justify impeachment hearing witnesses

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff on Thursday released a tightened set of guidelines over what potential witnesses can be called in the impeachment hearings, saying Republicans must justify their relevance according to a three-point criteria.

The California Democrat, in a letter to Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the ranking member of the committee, formally asked for the GOP members’ requests for witnesses they would like to call for next week’s public hearings.

The narrowed-scope of the questions, first obtained by Politico, are:

Hahaha
Biden and son are in #1
Schiff is an idiot.
The dems are boobs

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The right would do exactly the same thing. This is hardball politics. What do you expect the left to do roll over and die.

This whole thing is Trump's own fault for doing his quid pro quo open for all to see. This is what happens when you have an non-professional politician pretending he can be as politically savvy as the professionals.

Trump's quid pro quo is only obvious to leftist partisan hacks... what he really did is called diplomacy, which as been done by every other President since we started foreign aid.

Hard truth... do you know why we pay other countries money?

Answer... do get them to do what we want them to do.

Period.

As for the left, they are not rolling over and dying, true.

They are committing political suicide instead.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Are you saying this is stronger than the Mueller investigation. That was suppose to be the Taj Mahal of takedowns.

I think you are saying it is absolutely going to be much grander. Are you saying this? I don't care either way but I will probably mock you if it is not. I'm going to go with yes. You have already convicted him with your statements. I don't like Obama but even he deserves a fair trail. You kinda do to ya know....

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
I would trade trump for no more foreign aid ever.
That would be great for the usa.
Pres pence and NO foreign aid is still a win win.

At this point the dems couldn't even beat pence.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Bitter jealousy is dangerous especially for over zealous Democrats that hate 😃

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
When do we get to the I was told by "reliable surces" Comey forged papers to get a fisa warrant whistleblower?
Or the i was told Rosenstein wanted to wear a wire whistleblower?
Or the brennan is a traitor whistleblower?

Or the barak was born in kenya whistleblower?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The right would do exactly the same thing.

Another "I know you are , but what am I ?" post using pure conjecture .
One should leave that gambit behind when they left the 4th grade at the latest....

Learn US history and you will know different.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well, #2 is a non-starter. The Department of Justice's Office of Legal Counsel determined in the 80s that executive privilege precludes Congress ability to find the President in contempt. Contempt of Congress is the proper legal term for "obstruction of Congress." Congress *could* compel cooperation via civil courts, but it would take them far too long and the results would likely be muddied at best.

The abuse of power argument is one they could manage to pursue, but it's doubtful they'd be interested in handcuffing every president that follows Trump... not to mention potentially opening every one of his predecessors up to criticism for doing, and getting away with, everything they're trying to bring Trump down on with that particular accusation.

The third one will be the one they ride the furthest, and the final vote on it will be a partisan circle jerk with most Democrats voting in favor and all Republicans (alongside a handful of Dems) voting against it before the Senate slogs through the process and drags it out long enough to fully inconvenience every Democrat Senator trying to conduct their presidential campaign while handcuffed to the Senate, as required by law, for the impeachment hearings.
This is working out exactly as planned and, frankly, no one who supports this president should view it with anything other than vigorous hand rubbing and an ear to ear smile.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

You're right. The more crazed Dims become, the more money flows in to the Trump 2020 coffers. And the $$$ coming in to Biden and Warren shrinks.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This sure as hell could boomerang on that piece Schiff. The Senate could expose his meticulous planning and deception behind this fiasco . They could not only knock his house of cards down but possibly expose him to criminal charges .

Good times!

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

How many times did Congress begin impeachment proceedings on Obama, again?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We'll see early next week if Adam Schiff really is the equivalent of a "dirty tampon", as one commentator called him today.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

As far as I know, trump can call any witnesses he wants in the senate hearing. Although he might not be able to turn his impeachment hearing into a public trial of the bidens.. I think it will be up to the chief justice just how far hes gonna want to let it go..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join