It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock Scotch review.... Macallan Gold Double Cask

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Macallan really does have a pretty signature taste, atleast of the half dozen I've had.

Other than the, now defunct IIRC fine oaks, they are usually pretty bold. This one is really no different. I always prefer Highland Malts, but Macallan is always on the "heavier" and "smokier" end.

This one is pretty comparable to their standard 12 year old sherry that's pretty much a staple in most stores. Though not labeled(for age) I'd assume it's at the minimum legal requirement for scotch(10 years, maybe 8).

It's a cheaper bottle(for them) so I'm giving it some room given that.

Overall not bad, not the smoothest i've had from the highlands, or for the price but for the distillery it's a decent point of entry for what seems to be(to me, locally) the most overpriced brand when it comes to age or quality. I think most bourbon drinkers would like it, as they usually have a bit fuller flavor to them.

I'd buy it again, I'm sure, but I wouldn't seek it out too hard.

On deck I have another highlander(when it comes to scotch, I, "keep my ass in the highlands"). Glenfiddich 15 year Unique Solera Reserve.

I'm sure I'll get to that one by Saturday.

As for this one, I do like it and it's a good one, but I find it odd how I often times seem to "love" the macallan line while often times finding it(rightfully) overpriced and somewhat underwhelming. I guess that's what some consider some sort of bias and it likely is. For whatever that's worth.
edit on 7-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Dude, I've got a half bottle (well almost) of some Clan MacGregor and a couple Swisher Sweets - Grape flavor left.

I tried to party with Auggie, but he blew me off with all the big-cheddah' scotch 'n' stuff at his crib. Heck, I even brought some wine, like Wild Irish Rose (I forget the year) and a half a pack of Kools I found in the couch. Dude's doggin' me I tell ya!

I think I could prolly score some gizzards down at Popeye's, and a couple burritos from 7-11 on the way over if you want.

Better hurry though, cuz this MacKreggor S# is some good hooch!

Hit me up, Bro!

edit on 11/7/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

A decent Macallen is about $1,200 a bottle.

Though you can get a lesser one for under $100.

Reflection? Is what I was thinking about... I've tried it.

It's a big thing out where I work because they are all alcohol snobs with too much spending money and if I remember right, it is the most sought after scotch in the world.

Probably not what you are playing with in your hood.

What was the point of your post?

~confuzzled~~

edit on 7-11-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

What about this, have you tried it? Aldi have it for $75 , I'm betting it's gonna be good and I should buy it.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Dad?

Mom said you died.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

He wasn't you real dad, your mums memory was affected by the MacGregor

Then again who am I to stand in the way of a re-union.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I may give it a try. I'm a Maker's Mark and Woodford Reserve kinda guy so that may be right up my alley. Thanks for the review.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I was just joking around with Spock. It was meant to be funny. I was trying to post the polar opposite of the nice scotch he quoted...just as a joke. It was kind of a continuation from another exchange with Augustus in another thread.

Gosh, I guess I really gotta' work on my sense of humor!

Sorry, Spock...disregard. No harm meant.

I'll find the door.

ETA - Enjoy that fine scotch! It really is a nice one. Kudos to you being able to taste some.
edit on 11/8/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

join