It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Charged With First Degree Murder Of Fetus In California

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Then I suggest people pay attention to the legislators they elect.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So, does alabama have programs in the jails to help people with these addiction get off and stay off? By what I hear it's just as easy to find drugs in our prisons as it is on the streets...

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

And elect only doctors and women or at least men who have enough knowledge of the human reproduction system to know that you cant remove an fertilized egg from a womens fallopian tube and successfully transplant it where it belongs in the uterus.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

You're right, every abortion of healthy baby should be charged as murder but here in this degenerate modern age it's perfectly acceptable.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Well, if anything, she should have been sterilized, after giving birth to three children with meth in their system. She cared more about her "high" than the health and well being of her babies. I say lock her up!
Becker's aunt said the 25-year-old's three other children were born with meth in their system.

Should be sterilized? Next will you be advocating of the termination of the infirm, the elderly and morons, shades of Nazi Germany

Although Aktion T4 is the most famous of these programs you realise that coerced sterilisation was initially proposed and implemented by the USA? In fact the US sterilised more healthy people in the name of eugenics than the Nazi's ever did. One could argue it was the Nazi's approach which ended these practices due to the public outrage after the war.
edit on 9/11/19 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

And elect only...

Only if you want the corruption to continue. There is no correlation between occupation and legislative ability, nor between gender and legislative ability. The same goes for corruption.

If you believe there is, I will bow out now. Good day.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: scolai

Sounds like Orwell to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

There is no correlation as long as the lawmakers are willing to consult and listen to those who do have the knowledge... and are willing to share it without bias one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Good day.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I thought this when Scott Peterson was given 2 counts of murder, one for his wife and one for the fetus. I also knew a girl that got pregnant and drank a ton of alcohol to abort it...how is this any different than the article? Not trying to downplay how horrible it is but as OP states, it seems hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

So, a husband and wife go out to celebrate their anniversary and she happens to miscarry soon after so she should be charged with murder?
Can we at least charge the husband for being her accomplice?
While using some drugs might be a felony, drinking alchohol isnt. I do hope the baby of the girl you know is okay though. Maybe we should ban alcohol, you know, for the sake of the kids...

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

My friends wife has 2 kids. During her first pregnancy she smoked weed with tobacco everyday. Her child was born premature and the nurse kind of pointed the finger at her smoking. I'll be honest, their first kid is a few tools short of a set. Lost in his own wee world most of the time.

So she gets pregnant again and swears blind to me she won't smoke this time. Within two weeks she was smoking more than ever putting her needs ahead of her unborn child. These people need to learn responsibility and will power. Luckily their second child is a lovely wee lad and had no complications.

Why risk the health of your child for your own needs? Never understood people who put themselves before their children. Don't deserve kids.

When my wife got pregnant with our little lad i gave up drinking and smoking (around her) at least to try help setting a good example. I guess what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

So, I guess we should add tobacco to the list of legal substances we need to supervise pregnant women closely to ensure she doesnt partake of and harm the baby.
And as for her "needs".. wouldn't that depend on the "need"? Would you deny a women suffering from severe migraines from relief, or a mentally I'll women a level of sanity because the meds needed are harmful to the baby?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I'd always put the baby before the mother.

Everyone should put their children before themselves, unborn or not.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

When my wife got pregnant with our little lad i gave up drinking and smoking (around her) at least to try help setting a good example. I guess what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

Why did you not give up?
Was it because you were addicted? No self control or will power??

Hypocrite and liar.
Are these traits you want your child having?
Lead by example.
edit on 10-11-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So if the 2nd child was fine then who is to say the 1st one was damaged by her usage??

Remember..... she smoked more with the 2nd.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Here is the article

California Woman Charged With Murder Of Fetus

With abortion being legal there it seems 1st degree murder is a very hypocritical charge, criminal negligence causing death seems more appropriate.
She was taking drugs and this was massive negligence on her part for sure, and she should be charged with something, but if she is being charged with 1st degree murder, I would argue every abortion of healthy babies should have the same charge.

Have fun discussing this one, as it defies logical justice, and it makes both pro-choice and pro-life people mad either way.

Who neglected the mother?
Do you assume that she had a lovely perfect life?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Regardless of what the "need" is??

Or didnt you read my whole post?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I have no idea what it would be like for an addict to quit using meth cold turkey, but what I hear going cold turkey off of heroin is like going to hell and back.

And, I'm a smoker, ya I probably could quit, but having other living beings around me, pestering me, it wouldn't be good.

Has anyone considered what the effects of quitting a habit might have on a fetus?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: Grenade

Why did you not give up?
Was it because you were addicted? No self control or will power??

Hypocrite and liar.
Are these traits you want your child having?
Lead by example.

My drinking and smoking has no effect on the health of my unborn child.

I did give up around my wife.

Don't be such a confrontational idiot please.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join